The online racing simulator
Quote from oqvist :you can try the nixim mod on your G25 pedals.

Yep I've been thinking about that but I'm not keen on spending 20+ € on a fancy piece of rubber. Being a cheapass (add inevitable reference to the ongoing recession here), I'll be looking for other options
I think I might just buy those pedals and keep my dfp wheel. I dont think the fanatec wheel has enough buttons :P my dfp doesnt even have enough unfortunately
It has the same amount of buttons as the DFP. It has buttons for every button on the sixaxis which is important. Well except the playstation button and the two analog buttons. that is a shame you still need the Sixaxis to boot up the PS 3, or close games. But I haven´t really missed any buttons in GT5P, Midnight Club LA except the ps button.
I have the 911 Turbo Wheel. Have had it for over a month now. No problems with it at all. It's brilliant. Tryed my old G25 again recently and it just feels quite plain to me compared to the Fanatec and the G25 shifter feels quite rubbish in comparison to the Fanatec's to be honest.
Quote from Gills4life :I have the 911 Turbo Wheel. Have had it for over a month now. No problems with it at all. It's brilliant. Tryed my old G25 again recently and it just feels quite plain to me compared to the Fanatec and the G25 shifter feels quite rubbish in comparison to the Fanatec's to be honest.

well about the shifter, i saw some videos of the fanatec and that shifter hangs really loose at the side of the wheel, it makes alot of noise and it doesnt really looks like it feels like a real shifter.
They said the improvements are:
- gears instead of belt
- larger transmission ratio

umm that means it will be noisy and have a lower top speed. Sounds like the DFP all over. And indeed why they claim its a great idea to use punny RC motors, i have no idea!

And I'd like a share of the pedal sales, along with a few more diyers we invented the damn loadcell brake!
Niels that is the Carrera wheel? And yes that is a cheaper weel supposed to compete against the DFP GT for example.

GT 3 RS is the same belt drive wheel as the 911 turbo.
As for force feedback engine well it´s huge compared to what logitech uses lol. Reason is probably cost. Fact is I wouldn´t dream of using max force feedback in most of the sims so FFB strength is not a problem. Of course it would have been nice if it was as fast as the Frex wheel it´s a tad slower than the G25
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :And I'd like a share of the pedal sales, along with a few more diyers we invented the damn loadcell brake!

well you could have patented it
while off topic, getting a decent patent on something costs thousands per year for a few years. Something is wrong with that law. Patents also make it very hard for small scale productions of a proper FF wheel for example, patents, licenses, money, it often limits creativity rather than protecting designers..
all i know is that my workplace is quite awesome largely thanks to one single patent so clearly it works
For big companies yes that can buy up patents and stop competition.

Guess how MS got so big
How come the new GTR3 RS wheel is so cheap compared to the 911 Turbo S wheel?? Even with the same pedals it's 290 vs 460 euros...
Take a look at this page: http://www.fanatec.de/html/pw_overview.htm

Differences I spotted: compatible with XBOX360 + headset connection, 1 GB memory stick included (?), backlit buttons, additional steel plate and anti skid mat for pedals included.
Yeah I saw that too, but how on earth could that justify the price difference...? If anything I'd suppose you'd have to pay more for the alcantara grip thingy.. it seems like the wheels are identical on the inside, doesn't it?

I'm really curious about the pedals. If someone comes across a review, please post a link
No shifter included... Although I don't believe that would make such a difference...
Quote from Gnomie :Yeah I saw that too, but how on earth could that justify the price difference...?

No clue. Not that each and every price difference on earth is easily justified anyway

PS: the turbo is wireless, too.
Quote from bbman :No shifter included... Although I don't believe that would make such a difference...

IMO the Fanatec shifter seems to be the weakest part of the package anyway.. I don't like how it's attached to the wheel. But I guess you could find a standalone shifter somewhere
I've been thinking about a g25 for a while now, but $289 for a quiet belt driven wheel and pedals with a load cell brake... it seems you can't go wrong provided they work and don't fall apart.
Indeed, it seems like a total no-brainer really. But I'd love to see a review of the wheel+pedals. And I've already got a G25.
@ the table Nightshift posted : It's rather peculiar to see the prices to be exactly the same in both € and $. Especially with the $ going down atm...

Discount, anyone?
I will do bu one
I was planning on putty 600 or 700 USD on a set of CST pedals mainly for the load cell. In light that you can buy these pedals by them self for 200 I'm going to have to try them first. I still want the CST pedals, but as of now we are a one income family and the thought of 700 dollars just doesn't sit well. Combined with my DFGT and SST shifter this should hold me over for a good bit.
I do have CST pedals and I wholeheartly recommend it.
The reason you pay 700 USD for the CSTs is not just for the load cell... It´s for the design, the build quality and the realstic feel (except for the clutch) .

You can do a decent job with a simple piece of rubber like the nixim brake mod so a load cell in itself is not all. You can get more precision with a load cell yes but the question is if you have that precise muscles in your brake leg you can really utilize it fully. I was born with stiff wooden legs lol.

The CST pedals will last a lifetime or two so if you are dead serious with your simracing and plan on doing this for 20 years or something it´s not that bad of an investment having the best pedals available and not having to shell out 100$ or something every two years or so.
I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii.

I usually wait until I hear good things about a product like this, but I think I'm going to jump on this one as soon as it's released. No more Momo pedals and wheel that sounds like you're stepping on a small dog....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG