The online racing simulator
Quote from oqvist :I do have CST pedals and I wholeheartly recommend it.
The reason you pay 700 USD for the CSTs is not just for the load cell... It´s for the design, the build quality and the realstic feel (except for the clutch) .

You can do a decent job with a simple piece of rubber like the nixim brake mod so a load cell in itself is not all. You can get more precision with a load cell yes but the question is if you have that precise muscles in your brake leg you can really utilize it fully. I was born with stiff wooden legs lol.

The CST pedals will last a lifetime or two so if you are dead serious with your simracing and plan on doing this for 20 years or something it´s not that bad of an investment having the best pedals available and not having to shell out 100$ or something every two years or so.

I for one will hold off my judgement until the reviews are out. I'm not questioning the quality of the CST pedals, but it would be silly to spend that much ££ on them if the Fanatec pedals turn out to offer similar performance and durability.

I guess we'll know more in a couple of months.
Quote from oqvist :The CST pedals will last a lifetime or two so if you are dead serious with your simracing and plan on doing this for 20 years or something it´s not that bad of an investment having the best pedals available and not having to shell out 100$ or something every two years or so.

At 100$ every 2 years and considering the time value of money, it would be actually better to keep upgrading your pedals
The reason you pay 700 USD for the CSTs is not just for the load cell... It´s for the design, the build quality and the realstic feel (except for the clutch) .

You can do a decent job with a simple piece of rubber like the nixim brake mod so a load cell in itself is not all. You can get more precision with a load cell yes but the question is if you have that precise muscles in your brake leg you can really utilize it fully. I was born with stiff wooden legs lol.

The CST pedals will last a lifetime or two so if you are dead serious with your simracing and plan on doing this for 20 years or something it´s not that bad of an investment having the best pedals available and not having to shell out 100$ or something every two years or so.

Well, the Fanatec pedals having contactless, thus wearless sensors means anything you'd ever have to replace would be the springs...

I've ordered my set already with the money I've got for Christmas - will let you guys know as soon as I get them (which according to Fanatec's site will not be before the 15th of February)...
Quote from Bramski :Im seriously considering getting both the wheel and the pedals. My DFP has served me well, and I've thought about getting the G25 for a while now, the original Porsche wheel caught my eye also but I guess the DFP has been so faithful to me that it's hard to justify dropping 150-250GBP on some new racing hardware when you've got a trusty setup in front of you.

Definately considering it

Im having that same thought right now:scratchc
MY DFP has severd me wel for a goood old 900 degree wheel and im stil very pleased with it but im serioulsy considering this

I agree with you 100%. I want the CSTs and could afford to purchase them...only problem is at what expense to my family... Could I do something else with the money? I need a real seat instead of killin' it in these desk chairs..... These look like a good alternative for the moment. If I get them and hate them there is always ebay. And then CSTs.

Edit: The most appealing thing of the CST's is the load cell. Which can be purchased on these pedals now. Plus. If you look at the design of the Club Sport Pedals you would use it as a really nice base and do a CST DIY custom load cell like Todd used on the CSTs.
Quote from jbirdaspec :I agree with you 100%. I want the CSTs and could afford to purchase them...only problem is at what expense to my family... Could I do something else with the money? I need a real seat instead of killin' it in these desk chairs..... These look like a good alternative for the moment. If I get them and hate them there is always ebay. And then CSTs.

Edit: The most appealing thing of the CST's is the load cell. Which can be purchased on these pedals now. Plus. If you look at the design of the Club Sport Pedals you would use it as a really nice base and do a CST DIY custom load cell like Todd used on the CSTs.

Well.... it's been a few months since I made this post. I ended up being in a position to do what I wanted to in the first place and buy some CSTs. I feel doing business with smaller company's is really the best thing to do for the innovation of sim racing gear. I think we should do this when we can. I feel they do more for our sport then meets the eye. This is one of few markets where new products trickle up rather then the typical trickle down effect. The impressions I get is that these small companies produce products as if they will be using it themselves.

However. I still believe that the new Fanatec Clubsport Pedals will serve as a better controller then any mainstream product you can currently buy and will push the bar for competing companies. I think they be a big piece of the puzzle if not the piece of puzzle needed to begin a change in mainstream sim racing gear.

I expect to see some reviews from you guys when some of the LFS community comes to own a set of these.

Jay
hope this isnt a dumb question......

but if you have a dfgt wheel, could you use the fanatec pedals instead of the ones that came with the logitech wheel?
yes the pedals can be used with any other wheel
Quote from JasonL220 :yes the pedals can be used with any other wheel

thanks for that!

to me, that seems to be a heck of a combo!
Quote from Schumi4everSK :Hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone has got this wheel yet?? And the pedals? Pleeease post your impressions.

Pre-ordered the wheel a while back, they say they've made some improvements so they aren't going to ship until end of April. I'll be sure to post my impressions once I get it! I have a G25 right now, so I hope I won't be disappointed.
anyone got this wheel yet
The ship arrived in the US today (at least according to the latest news). So we should get some reviews within a couple of days I guess. The European shipment is due to arrive in a week or so
I was told to expect them by about the 28th.
i was thinking about the gt3 rs rennsport cockpit and lightning sst
I ordered the Turbo S pure edition since I have the Xbox wheel (s**tty wheel but the pedals are okay, the freaking plastic flappy paddle snapped off and I don't abuse it at all!). I'm looking forward to picking up a set of those clubsport pedals later on. They look absolutely insane...

New Fanatec Wheel (yes another one)
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG