The online racing simulator
New Fanatec Wheel (yes another one)
Quote :[maxconsole.com]PRESS RELEASE: Fanatec® Laps Its Competition with the Porsche® 911 GT3 RS Racing Wheel for PS3 and PC

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fanatec®, a leading brand of high-end input devices for game consoles and PCs, today unveiled the Porsche® 911 GT3 RS Racing Wheel for PC and PlayStation® 3. Featuring the best elements of its sister wheels, the Porsche 911 Turbo S Clubsport and the Porsche 911 Carrera, the 911 GT3 RS Racing Wheel truly concentrates on what it takes to help gamers go faster when playing their favorite racing games. The Porsche 911 GT3 RS Racing Wheel can now be pre-ordered for $289.95USD at www.FANATEC.com and is expected to ship February 15, 2009.

Made for the racing games enthusiast, this Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH licensed wheel is crafted from genuine Alcantara leather, which is the exact same material used in a real Porsche car. It features an adjustable Force Feedback Drive with a Mabuchi 550 Series motor and a smooth belt drive. With fourteen buttons on the wheel rim, a three-step adjustable sensitivity level, and two additional vibration motors in the wheel, this wired set-up is customizable to fit the preference of any racer!

Big paddle shifters made of stainless steel give you full control and you can upgrade the wheel with optional sequential or 6+1 speed shifters. The revolutionary Clubsport pedals are made of CNC machined aluminum and feature a pressure sensitive “load cell” sensor for the brake which achieves a new level of realism.

Another “world first” is the vibration motor on the brake pedal and the contactless high precision sensors for the adjustable clutch and gas pedals. To complete the package, Fanatec has a line of compatible accessories including the Clubsport Table Clamp, RennSport Wheel Stand, and the RennSport Cockpit, to name a few.

“This wheel is made for the racing enthusiast. No gimmicks and pure performance, just like the real Porsche 911 GT3 RS,” said Thomas Jackermeier, CEO, Endor AG. “You will run out of excuses with this one!”

Here is the link for the pictures
http://www.fanatec.de/download ... /pwgt3rs_photo_bundle.zip

TBH I think It looks good and the pedals are making me itch to upgrade from a DFP to a fanatec and NO I don't work for them(just because I report their shit) and it's like the porsche line now they have 3 different models like porsche with their endless line of THE SAME CARS; but critisms aside I DO like the pedals esp With the vibration in the pedals(idk what that'll achieve but meh) oh and the sensors in them too maybe it'll give in to some nice sensitiveness...
good lord! :smileyrai
This wheel looks insane!!!
even the pedals are smooth steel manufactured
wow!
i'm a G25 user..... should i upgrade?
I'm not entirely sold on such a large centre part of the wheel, but it looks good anyways. Pedals sound amazing
fully adjustable aluminium pedals with a load cell? sounds brilliant

unfortunately fanatec are a little too honest for their own good: Mabuchi 550 Series motor
maybe if they stick to the naming scheme we can hope for a gt2 or gt1 with a proper modern brushless motor

either way im very impressed with fanatec... they really did listen to the betatesters and community wishes
So the 550 is not brushless, and that's a bad thing because of wear and max 'power'?
and revs which is a huge issue since fanatec (had to) insist on gears to up the torque of this... im finding it hard not to burst out laughing while i type motor
and for being a puny little mabuchi which is the kind of motor you find in tamiyas for 8 year olds
Shotglass everything is relative... Of course it can´t rival the Frex FFB wheel in force feedback strength but I can tell you it´s quite a bit more powerful then the G25 which uses two smaller FFB engines. I can´t use the max strength of it or I will feel the pain the day after ... So that isn´t really a problem for everyday use. In it´s price range this wheel has the strongest force feedback I am quite certain.

I got the 911 Turbo and I will preorder this one as soon as it´s available... Just because it´s christmas and looks. Internals are the same except for some electronics as on the 911 Turbo. I already have CST pedals but can´t wait to try these out as well.

the 911 Turbo did replace G25 for me. the only part where I preferred G25 was the pedals. Very moddable and you get great brake feel with the nixim brake mod. Even though by default the Fanatec felt better both in pedal placement and in feel. However for build quality on those I would give the notch to the G25 pedals definiatly.

As for the wheel really a non contest win for the 911 Turbo. Not a single point win for the G25 except for ever so marginally faster turning rates. But that is due to no resistance which is one of the problems with it...

Shifters are not included on the RS but I preferred them as well. I couldn´t even use the sequential on the G25 properly and there was no feel on the 6.1 shifter. Good that they are available separate for those that already have other shifters. SST Lightning and other third partys are more expensive but also better

So yes I am hitting F5 on their on-line shop all day long
I just can not find wheel turning radius...
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Karl Morytz :I just can not find wheel turning radius...

They are all 900° - it says so on the site.
Im seriously considering getting both the wheel and the pedals. My DFP has served me well, and I've thought about getting the G25 for a while now, the original Porsche wheel caught my eye also but I guess the DFP has been so faithful to me that it's hard to justify dropping 150-250GBP on some new racing hardware when you've got a trusty setup in front of you.

Definately considering it
Proper load cell brake sounds great, though 200e for the pedals alone is a bit expensive.

Next, a force feedback clutch pedal?
If the load cell thing is not a gimmick (those ".." ) and works well, this is actually raising the bar for the top-end affordable wheels, am I wrong?

And 289 € shipped ain't bad at all.
Depends what you mean with a gimmick? You can make a good feeling brake pedal without a load cell. Nixim modded G25 pedals have quite a good feel on it if you can live you have to rest your foot on them (since you run with a 50 % deadzone until the rubber kicks in. Not to mention ECCI and VPP pedal sets that also don´t have any load cells and is quite well regarded. But certainly should give more precision if done right.

So yes load cell in itself doesn´t guarantee a more realistic brake pedal it depends on how well it´s implemented . And m
I downloaded pics from first post, and there's no shifter not cool for me but pedals looks cool.
gacek shifters can be ordered separately for 50 euro I think it´s. Or you could buy third party but shifters but that won´t work on consoles of course. Personally since I already have shifters I do preferr this.
Quote from oqvist :So yes load cell in itself doesn´t guarantee a more realistic brake pedal it depends on how well it´s implemented . And m

That's why I'll be reading some user reports. Although I already have a G25 and I'm certainly not paying 200 € just for the pedals, with the whole package selling for under 300€ it does not make sense.
Waiting for user reviews is never wrong

In the meanwhile if you have a cockpit or can mount them firmly you can try the nixim mod on your G25 pedals. Great brake feel with that Then since the RS wheel is sold separately and you are fine with the G25 pedals that is an option as well.

It´s pretty much the same as the old 911 turbo wheel internally so it has been tested already
For a G25 owner you have several options:

1. If you like to upgrade Xbox360 compatibility:
Go for the Porsche 911 Turbo S -Pure edition- wheel and use it with the pedals of the G25. You should also get the RF dongle to use it on PC and PS3 as well.

2. If your are looking for
  • smooth Force feeback
  • more buttons on the wheel
  • larger wheel diameter
  • LED display to show telemetry data (shifting indicator)
then you can tage the 911 GT3 RS and use it with your G25 pedals or any other pedals you have.

3. If you lake to improve your performance with a better set of pedals:
You can keep your G25 wheel and get the Clubsport pedals.

4. And of course you can always get the full pack and sell your current stuff at ebay...
if my G25 shifter breaks, will the fanatec shifter be compatible with my G25?
This wheel LOOKS very nice. Does it also does it's job good?
Quote from G!NhO :if my G25 shifter breaks, will the fanatec shifter be compatible with my G25?

Unfortunatly no.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG