The online racing simulator
The RB4's Future ?
(104 posts, started )
The RB4's Future ?
I think Victor says that the RB4 might be in a Rally version but he doesn't know if a GTR version is possible.

I'm still in love with LFS and particularly with the RB4.
I just think it's a pitty this car has not a powerful version. A GTR version, why not ? ^^
I know some french drivers like this RBR idea
But what do you prefer if a new RB4 version is envisaged for a future addon or for the S3: a Rallycross RB4 or a RB4 GTR ?

Here is my 3ds work of my dream:
A RB4 GTR (RBR)

In pictures :

[Click to enlarge]

In numbers :
Four wheel drive

Engine:
2.0 litre turbocharged inline 4
Power:
365 kW (490 bhp) @ 6278 rpm
Torque:
627 Nm (461 lbft) @ 4782 rpm
Total Mass:
1130 kg (2492 lbs)
Power-weight:
330 W/kg (450 bhp/ton)
Weight dist:
57.5 F 42.5 R

In words :
The RB4 GTR (RBR) could have 4 wheel drive like the FXO GTR with a speed around the XR GTR's one. It could have a little feeling of a rear wheel drive with 70% of traction on the rear wheels (for example).The wear of the tires could being equivalent with the XR GTR's one but with a small fuel overconsumption like the FZ50 GTR's one

What do you think about it?
I don't really see the point of an RB4 GTR. We already have the FXO GTR which is all wheel drive.

As for a Rally RB4, I could definitely see that, but for the current tracks, I think the current RB4 is sufficient. You wouldn't gain much from having more power on the current tracks.
YES!!!

I want a RB4 GTR sooo badly. I love the FXR to bits, but the range feels strange with the RB4 missing. I would love it to be a bit faster than the FXR so its on par with the XRG.
I would love to see that one in the game!
I'm with Forbin here - an RB4 GTR wouldn't actually add anything to the game. However, an RB4 WRC, with greater suspension travel, and set up as close to a real WRC as possible (restricted turbochargred engine) would be brilliant.

Add WRC style tyres for it (and it alone unless we get other WRC variants), including WRC style slicks for road courses (and road rally courses on day ), and you'd have a winner.
Too close to the FXR If you look at the numbers, the FXR and the RBR would be almost identical, both with 2 litre turbo engine and same layout and almost identical weight distribution. It has been suggested few times. I'd like to see (copied/pasted from other thread):

Mid-engine XRR, XRM:

Ra GTR (by Quicksilver) but with roof!

[assumptions!]
I think RB4 will stay in LFS and if there will be rally(cross) version(s) the RB4 would be an obvious choise. But RB4 GTR... well, why not but I guess there won't be both rally version and the GTR version, it's one or the other or none... I'd think the rally version is more likely And rallycross is much less popular atm. Though the reasons are quite obvious...
[/assumptions!]

EDIT: Damn, four people managed to post while I was writing this, lol
Quote from Forbin :I don't really see the point of an RB4 GTR. We already have the FXO GTR which is all wheel drive.

Sure you're right
But I think the RBR could be the middle way between the FZR (which is the fastest (and the worst for tires)) and the FXR (which is the slowest (and the best the tires))
You can say that the XRR is a middle way but this car has a big problem: it remains blocked in sand ^^
When GTR races are organised we usally can see only one or two different car (most of time: FZR and XRR)
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm with Forbin here - an RB4 GTR wouldn't actually add anything to the game. However, an RB4 WRC, with greater suspension travel, and set up as close to a real WRC as possible (restricted turbochargred engine) would be brilliant.

Add WRC style tyres for it (and it alone unless we get other WRC variants), including WRC style slicks for road courses (and road rally courses on day ), and you'd have a winner.

"Winnar!"
Just a small thought: we don't have any mid engine GTRs in LFS ...FZR is rear engine car? So if there should be added any new cars to that class it should be NA (natural aspirated because the XRR and FXR are turbo) mid engine RWD (or AWD) car. Preferably RWD

Or?
nice renders!
Really awesome render. That car looks awesome!
#12 - Vain
Nah, RBR is a great game, but the RB4 GTR is just a second FXR, so no.
I like AWD-cars, but I don't like the RB4. It's heavy, it's slow and it won't corner until you beat it to it with a wall or something alike.
Strip 100 kg from the RB4 and it's a car (and most propably even a fun one). Or even better, strip 200kg off it and reduce the horsepowers so it becomes a XFG and XRG-competitor.

Vain
Quote from Hyperactive :Ra GTR (by Quicksilver) but with roof!

Hey, this is a sexy car...
I'd like to see too another GTR, but until now LFS has always allowed us to drive a maximum of 3 cars per "class", and everybody knows that's not easy to balance them. It's even hard to balance 2 cars in the same class, think about 4
I'd appreciate to see a more powerful rally version of the RB4, maybe with slick tyres too, so that we may use it on rallyX as well as on any track..
I'd be happy with another option for the GTR cars... I don't much like any of them. So far there's the "tires... mmm... tasty", the "excuse me, you pushed the gas pedal. Does this mean u want me to put power down tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?" and the "saayy... isn't that where I came from?".
3 gtr cars is plenty imho, compared to the other classes. Rather than try to slot in an rb4 gtr and suggest it should be more competitive, I'd just make the fxo gtr reasonable. Some form of rally oriented rb4 sounds good, but I'm not sure how much benefit you could give it aside from a better engine and slicks?
I'd be all for another GTR, adding varied grids is important. As for what I'd like to see how about setting it up on older tires with more power than grip (like touring cars of the late eighties).
What I'd really love to see is an RB4 special rally version with about 500hp AWD nice tall springs and a good centre of gravity.
what i really liked to see is a new class with the XFR4 (the XFR with 4 wd) and the RBR. both should be around 320 hp and should get acces to slicks and dirt tyres. but maybe that comes with the rallypack^^
the RB4 IS a rallycar waiting to happen, it's just about the best thing to attack the rallx track with ATM and it would only need a few tweaks to bring it up to a proper rally standard. nice renders tho' but if it's gonna be a GTR it needs to be a little more aggressive
the important thing is that the devs keep the RB4(and plz don't lock the torque split to 50F/50R), i only wish that they increase the power to weight-ratio to be able to compete with a XRT. That fat RB4 also need a body update but i'm really glad the devs made the RB4 . Talking of RBR, yes it would be very fun to have one but it's going to be alone in its class. The GTR cars should be differenciated in 2 classes like in Super GT GT300 and GT500. In GT500, we have the FZR, FXR and XRR. In GT300, maybe a RBR a N/A XRR and a top-covered RA GTR? Then LFS would really be the perfect racing sim
Quote from -DrftMstr- :the important thing is that the devs keep the RB4(and plz don't lock the torque split to 50F/50R), i only wish that they increase the power to weight-ratio to be able to compete with a XRT. That fat RB4 also need a body update but i'm really glad the devs made the RB4 . Talking of RBR, yes it would be very fun to have one but it's going to be alone in its class. The GTR cars should be differenciated in 2 classes like in Super GT GT300 and GT500. In GT500, we have the FZR, FXR and XRR. In GT300, maybe a RBR a N/A XRR and a top-covered RA GTR? Then LFS would really be the perfect racing sim

Mixed GTR class racing would be very nice. It would also need a new kind of results board which would organize racers by the class and not by the overall positions. Otherwise it would be pointless to race with a slower class in a public server. I think mixed wouldn't be a such a problem in public races, we already have noobs that are so much slower so a ~5 sec lap time difference between the classes is not too much.
Well the GTRs are currently the most powerful class after the F08 and have very many setup options. And it is also very popular class.

If we get some kind of slower GT300 class it would be best to limit the setup options as much as possible. No aero tweaking, solid 5-peed gearbox, 350-400hp engines and slicks. Not R2 slicks, more like R4 with less grip and longer lasting like the roadies... Only tire pressures, some tire angles and some other small setup options to fiddle with. As a result the class would be lot easier to balance and with with less power they could provide closer racing than the current GTRs...?
Really nice render ! I like to see it the game, but an XRR, FXR, FZR competitor would be pointless. RBR is same like FXR (of course, seems much better for me ) 4WD, same power etc ... Someone explained it before.

The best would be i think to make a "little" GTR from it. 4WD competitor for XFR and UFR. Almost the same, or more HP, but a little bit higher weight thanks for the 4WD drive train.
As a "little" GTR RB4 don't need too big tires, like the "big" GTRs.
There is a relative small wheel in the render, and I rhink it is really nice !

So, the reslult, RBR have to be a "little" GTR
Hi,

You have a great Idea Horci.
I had not thought about this possibility

It's could be perfect but.. The RB4 is a Saloon car unlike the XFR and the UFR so a XFR vs UFR vs RBR (light GTRs) race could look like strange ?!

Well, you all prefer a RB4 Rallycross or something else but not a real GTR, I can understand ^^

In the French community we are doing a TBO League (races with FXO, XRT and RB4).
in order to allow the RB4 to take part with little chances to win, we oblige the FXO to put a passenger (+ 1 second)

So, if you think a GTR version is useless, what do you think about a simple addition of Horsepower to make the RB4 more competitive ?

RB4 is really slower than FXO and XRT so it's quite impossible to do a "Turbos league"

The RB4's Future ?
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG