The online racing simulator
The RB4's Future ?
(104 posts, started )
Actually I think that a step between UFR and FXR would be a Raceabout GTR,
and I'd really love to get a 500 BHP rallycross car based on RB4
like it
The WRC version of the RB4 wouldn't need to have any balancing because it would be unique. If we could also have a WRC XFG, then you'd need balancing.

So leave the current RB4 alone - it's already great to drive (both drifters and racers agree on this - mark it in your diary) and it's well balanced with the other TBOs. But add a RB4 WRC (RBW? RBC?).

I'm leaving initial space for the potential RB4 GTR, which I'm not against but as I said in another thread it would be better in a middle GTR class with the LX8
The GTR class is one of the most popular and filled classes online! So why not making an Racabout GTR ( shown erlier in this topic ) And a RB4 GTR?

But what LFS realy need is a pack of LMP cars
The big GTRs are popular because people like driving fast

I'd be all about a GT2 class with RB4 GTR, LX8 GTR (I won't let it lie!) and RAC GTR all in there. Slower than the current big ones, but faster than the FWD GTRs. Those 3 cars even have unique characteristics to work with - 4WD on the RB4, no downforce on the LX and no rear ARBs on the RAC (although that scares me on a GTR).

But that's a discussion that's been done to death already. This is the RB4's feature thread We have 3 versions of the XR already, why not 3 RB4s as well? Current GT, WRC and GTR. Lovely.
+1 for turbocharged 3 litre inline 6 RB GTR.
What about an RB4 GTR to replace the FXR and take off the huge wing and stuff of it along with the turbo and put it into the FWD GTR category?
i'd like to have RB4 WRC... for gtr we have FXOGTR...

FOR RALLY!!!CROSS!!!
We shouldn't be replacing any cars, only adding. These days 19 to choose from isn't that many so the more variation the better. I say that as if I'm actually involved in the decisions
But it's true. There's nothing actually wrong with the car selection now, and removing or seriously changing any of the existing ones would upset the people who use them.

And to be honest, until we have WRC tracks (or at least a larger selection of bigger RallyX tracks) anything that spec would be wasted.
Quote from Dajmin :
And to be honest, until we have WRC tracks (or at least a larger selection of bigger RallyX tracks) anything that spec would be wasted.

Give me a rally stage and I'll turn every car into a rally car! So where's the rally pack???:rally_dri I really like the RB4. It just doesn't have many places to shine.
Quote from Dajmin :I'd be all about a GT2 class with RB4 GTR, LX8 GTR (I won't let it lie!) and RAC GTR all in there. Slower than the current big ones, but faster than the FWD GTRs. Those 3 cars even have unique characteristics to work with - 4WD on the RB4, no downforce on the LX and no rear ARBs on the RAC (although that scares me on a GTR).

I Love your Idea !!

It could be so great for Endurance Races ! :lovies:

I really want an GTR version of the RB4. it would compete with the FXR, leaving the XRR and FZR to have all the power they ever wanted. FXR and RBR can be close rivals, perhaps a superrallyX tires option for both. that will even LFS to 20 cars, all cars have a rival. everything fits!
Quote from Dajmin :I'd be all about a GT2 class with RB4 GTR, LX8 GTR (I won't let it lie!) and RAC GTR all in there. Slower than the current big ones, but faster than the FWD GTRs.

+1 for me
We wouldn't cut anything. Just the boxer would get changed with an inline 4. All else remains the same (more or less). And the FXO could be kept more factory like - FWD. True. Alfa did compete in DTM (and ITR) with an all wheel drive 155. Don't know if they made AWDs back then. But doing that would lower the number of basicly the same cars, like it's with the XRs.

About the LX8 GTR, sounds fun, sure, i went down that road, but when you think over, the LX is just way too small to compete with normal cars. Make a small kit car simmilar to a prototype (Radical anyone) and put the LX8 GTR that XCNuse made against it. That would IMO be fun. 2 small, fast, downforced cars competing against eachother.
Quote from Hyperactive :Just a small thought: we don't have any mid engine GTRs in LFS ...FZR is rear engine car? So if there should be added any new cars to that class it should be NA (natural aspirated because the XRR and FXR are turbo) mid engine RWD (or AWD) car. Preferably RWD

Or?

arent FZR front engine???

yeh it would be great if there is a mid engine NA 500BHP car (something like the Honda NSX in JGTC GT500:nod to complete wif XRR, FXR and the FZR...
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :arent FZR front engine???

Since the vast majority of cars tend to have more weight where-ever the engine goes, the FZR is rear-engined, like nearly every Porsche out there.
Quote from Primoz :
About the LX8 GTR, sounds fun, sure, i went down that road, but when you think over, the LX is just way too small to compete with normal cars.

I don't really see where you get that idea from, lots of the best battles are little and large, Caterhams vs. bigger more powerful sports cars is a classic one.
Wow, that's the best looking RB4GTR I've ever seen. It really makes me want to drive it.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I sadly have to say -1 i dont like the idea i think it would spoil lfs

On what way?
As far as I understood of this topic, it`s talking about adding a new car (dreaming of a new one), that only would look like the RB4, but it would have some more eyecandy, aswell as beeing a much faster and better car.

Problem is - what class should it been in?
Quote from The Very End :On what way?
As far as I understood of this topic, it`s talking about adding a new car (dreaming of a new one), that only would look like the RB4, but it would have some more eyecandy, aswell as beeing a much faster and better car.

Problem is - what class should it been in?

The problem is that the RB4 gtr would be exact replica of FXR, only different looks and ... different wheels...?

LX8 should be no-aero. Unless you can show me a real race car alike caterham pictures. Not just some prototypes, some that actually exists and are sold and raced.
I see your point, didn`t look on it that way.
Still more cars doesn`t hurt, even if there allready are cars in-game that looks similiar.
LFS need something new, and hopefully in a not too distant future.

The RB4's Future ?
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG