The online racing simulator
What's Your Claim to Fame?
(200 posts, started )
Quote from Electrik Kar :
I like it Threatening a Prince.

Yes, but could you imagine if Prince Naseem actually came over though. I think his brother would of backed down, wouldn't he.
#52 - senn
i was on a current affairs show in the early 90's called "Hinch" down here in australia. But don't tell anyone :P
Quote from sam93 :Yes, but could you imagine if Prince Naseem actually came over though. I think his brother would of backed down, wouldn't he.

Why? He's a titchy little girl of a man, and we've got over a dozen large mechanics with large adjustable wrenches, crowbars and that sort of thing.

Why be scared on a ponce in a dressing gown?

Oh sorry, I forgot. Your daddy is a ponce in a dressing gown having won an amateur hitting&slapping championship in 1961.
I got a parking ticket when I was 2 years old url.

I guess people know me also from the stuff I have made; SoftTH, FDFmod, OFP/ArmA mods, etc...
Quote from tristancliffe :Why? He's a titchy little girl of a man, and we've got over a dozen large mechanics with large adjustable wrenches, crowbars and that sort of thing.

Why be scared on a ponce in a dressing gown?

Oh sorry, I forgot. Your daddy is a ponce in a dressing gown having won an amateur hitting&slapping championship in 1961.

Could you get into a ring and do as good as what he could? Most likely no. You would be suprised how much power a small person can have. Oh yea, my Dad wasn't born until 1964 lol, he was champion before he was 16 so work out what year he first won it at.

I didn't say you was scared, but imo, whoever needs to use a weapon is a ponce. Would you threaten someone like Mr Tyson when he was in his prime, no. Well lets take someone who is smaller, Hatton. His body blow could do some serious damage to a normal person who doesn't box.

We should just set up a seperate thread about boxers, who is the best and could of been the best. Actually I am going to do that now.
Naseem was an overrated girl, never fought anyone any decent, always people that had just come out of the womb or on their death bed, then when he did get put up against someone decent, he gets knocked the F**k out. If he'll smash into 2 elderly people with his SLR and run away, id hit him with a wrench and not think twice
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Naseem was an overrated girl, never fought anyone any decent, always people that had just come out of the womb or on their death bed, then when he did get put up against someone decent, he gets knocked the F**k out. If he'll smash into 2 elderly people with his SLR and run away, id hit him with a wrench and not think twice

I know he was over-rated. But, would you threaten someone like 'Hitman' Hatton, Mike Tyson or other greats. I wouldn't. I wouldn't really worry about Prince Naseem Hamed either. He was a idiot though from running away when he crashed his SLR into that Golf.
#58 - SamH
I have a few claims to fame which aren't really MY claims.. they're my relatives or friends' claims.

My claim to fame is that I'm one of the few people in this world who have been slapped in the face with a wet kipper. Everybody talks about it, but barely anyone's experienced it. I have, many times and in front of thousands of people
I was the youngest person to ever bike (pedal bike) across Canada and i was 10 and i was on the news everywhere. and i now a guy that has a friend that has met Fidel Castro, sometime this winter i'll get to meet or see some big Colonel that comands 300 ready Airforce soldiers in the US Army. But other than that and having an uncle that was in the invasion of sicily/itally and that whole war, i'm not really famous
Quote from (SaM) :
  • My sisters have been in magazines & advertisements loads of times (interviews/modeling).

pics or it didn't happen
Quote from hrtburnout :edit: And I have Eric Bailey on my lfsforum friends list, and he also sent me a PM once.

After racing a few races, Scawen personally told me on a server during the S2 0.5L(?) testing that he was releasing S2 licensed version "tonight".

Ok, that was demo and anyone could just make their name "Scawen" if they wanted to. In fact, I laughed at this person coming on the server with that name and made fun of them. I said, "Yeah, sure, Scawen is on here racing with us.... Look, I'm Eric Bailey!" as I changed my name to Eric Bailey. "Scawen" even said in the chat then, "Hi Eric, how you doing tonight?"

A few races go by and "Scawen" announced in the chat before he left that he was releasing the S2 licensed later that night. I checked the forum immediately (on RSC at the time) and checked the website and found nothing. An hour later, an announcement appeared on LFS.net and S2 licensed was released!
Quote from swisscosmo :I was the youngest person to ever bike (pedal bike) across Canada and i was 10 and i was on the news everywhere.

That's cool I've always wanted to do that but never really got around to it yet! The fact that you did it when you were 10 is pretty awesome. What inspired you to make the trip? And did you go east to west, or west to east?
Quote from Michael Denham :That's cool I've always wanted to do that but never really got around to it yet! The fact that you did it when you were 10 is pretty awesome. What inspired you to make the trip? And did you go east to west, or west to east?

It was my family and I that did it and I think the book about the Amazon Adventure inspired us and then we just thought about it and then we did it. It took us all summer to do it. We went front West to East starting in Penticton BC and ending in St. John's Newfoundland! Our website is below. And we also did a 3 week bike trip through the kootneys before the across canada trip just to try it out and see how it is.
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com ... &doc_id=762&v=23B
Many many years ago (2002 or 2003 I think), My Dad and me getting our photo with British Superbike Champion Shakey Shane Byrne
Attached images
Jamie&ShakeyBrandsHatchBSB.JPG
me and my dad delivered a motorbike to James May at his house in London

I have also met Karl Hyde from Underworld, and Kate Moss and Jude Law who were in the VIP tent at the Radiohead gig in Oxford back in 2001 (I think), my dad knows the band so we got VIP passes off them
Ah go on then...

I once got a fax from Mike D.
I once got paged by Billy Joel (you bloody kids won't remember pagers).
Jack Nicholson once stopped me in the street to ask me very predictable questions about my pet pig.
I've shucked clams for Yogi Berra, (at the time, Senator) Bill Bradley, and (at the time NE Pats' Head Coach) Bill Parcells.
I've talked Bruce Springsteen into drinking Boddingtons.
I've played on the same bill as Mick Jones a couple of times.
I got invited to the world premiere of Chasing Amy (but I still haven't seen it).

Er... Probably others. I was taking a LOT of drugs at the time, it's hard to remember.
My claim to fame, is that my Dad was on the Weakest Link tonight. Enormous amounts of funey.
how did he do?
Third round.

He's a freelance journalist - writes about steam engine preservation, so came under obvious mockery from the very clever, very witty presenter. Golly, she's so quick with her amusing quips
I won a scholarship to a summer session at Stanford University for a poem I wrote.

lol and in 8th grade I won class president by a unanimous vote because the girl who ran against me got mono.
Quote from flymike91 :I won class president by a unanimous vote because the girl who ran against me got mono.

That would be a great album title.

(in the USA where it's known as "mono" - in the UK nobody's ever heard that name, we call it 'glandular fever')
I had Colin Dexter get on my bus a lot when I drove in the city (AND the tight b*st*rd uses a bus pass!...and Mrs B frequently has Sir Roger Bannister, Rowan Atkinson, and Martin Keown coming into the shop where she works.
I have no fame myself. Nor do I know anyone as people have been posting here. My father did play basketball nearly every day with Batman (Michael Keaton). They grew up in the same neighborhood.

Well, I am good friends with Big John Studd's (WWF) nephew.

What's Your Claim to Fame?
(200 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG