The online racing simulator
About LFS horn files
(11 posts, started )
About LFS horn files
Hi! I have 1 question - why i can`t use any file as horn? For example anything from here?
http://www.findsounds.com/types.html
Maybe u can give me some web site which has a lot of downlaodable media for LFS?
Tnx
On which car do you try to use horn? Some cars doesn't contains horns.
How come? I`m talking about default B button horn.
Quote from edzhjus :How come? I`m talking about default B button horn.

On which car? FBM?
No! I`m trying to say that i can`t use any short wav file as horn by putting it in lfs sound folder - lfs don`t accept it as horn. Of course im not trying to horn formula.
He's trying to say FBM has no horn.

Anyway, the file must be format .wav and can't be very long either. Try max 500Kb and go up from there slowly.

Also the file properties need to be specific as well...
eg:

Make sure the file is name is horn5.wav or horn4.wav etc and placed in the ../lfs/data/sound/ folder. If you edit the sound file while LFS is open, you have to re-init sounds (shift-w) in-game and then use Shift-H in-game to change to the desired horn number.

edit: Ignor my FBM info, already beaten.

Try uploading your sound here, or sendspace.com or somewhere, maybe someone will see what is wrong.
Attached images
hhh.GIF
Also, be aware that other drivers will not hear the sound you have for your horn. They will just hear the default sound, or the sounds they have in their folder.
Limit is not nessesary 500kb as i have horn file with a size of 2.96mb
I've made my own custom horns and they've worked. I'm currently using my own blank file for the horn, and it also works (mercifully ). Must be something wrong with your horn file
I got the dukes of hazzard skin then i got the dixie horn sound, shame nobody else can hear it.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :.... I'm currently using my own blank file for the horn, and it also works (mercifully ).

A man after my own heart. Nothing worse than the mindless blowing of horns.

About LFS horn files
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG