The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 2 Post-Race Discussion
Well, Race 1 was epic. Mathei from last to first at the hyntty hairpin on the last lap

Exactly what I hoped the race would be like - looking forward to Race 2 atm
a lottery like macau^^
first spun, taking the other positions with him to hell, and Mathei survived
Worst fail since I started to race in leagues I guess! :bounce8:
Well, crap server....
#5 - J@tko
Quote from racer hero :Well, crap server....

Server is stable. Ping times fine. No issues on Server end.

d
Quote from J@tko :Well, Race 1 was epic. Mathei from last to first at the hyntty hairpin on the last lap

Exactly what I hoped the race would be like - looking forward to Race 2 atm

why were u hoping for that lol,

its impossible to pass in a normal way

combined with the small margin for error,
this makes it pretty much based completely on luck
What happened? The server crashed?
#9 - Fuse5
pfft. couldn't join you

finished the 12h DoP race an hour ago. And still waiting for results. But I think we are 1st or 2nd in the NGT class.

A day well spent.
Quote from J@tko :No. Ken lagged out.

in leading position... and as I say leading... he was leading lightyears
I messed the sprint race up by not reading the rules too well (blame it on the fever). Due to the bad condition of the car I decided to retire from the race rather than repair it

In the feature race I had a nice fight with Tim. After his small mistake I lost the concentration (also due to the fever) so I guess I'm glad I finished :b
btw, LMAO at Falke trying to say Taha's surname
do you know how it is, to have a knot in the toungh also you failed few laps after me
Qualifying : Major fail in the single lap hotlap. Crashed into the barrier and messed up badly. Qualifying in 7th place.

Sprint race : Worked my way through from 7th to 2nd before the safety car came out. From 2nd position I catching up to Rikje and he spins right in front of me. Making me crash and spin and all that crazy stuff. Then I rejoin in 3rd but ken dive bombs me into the last turn and then I was on the inside on the exit, he squeezes me towards the barrier so I slow down to let him by. Finished 4th all because of the last lap.

Feature : Damaged my car badly after about 5 laps and then I hesitated between repairing and fighting it. I decided to fight it. I was 3rd, then Timo caught up really close and we faught for quite a bit. I managed to keep him behind even though I was sliding on every left hander due to the damage. After a bit, he passed me and I passed him back into T1. He seemed to have lost concentration and soon I found myself far from him. Rikje and Ken were pulling away really far and I had no chance of catching up with the damage I had. Rikje left for some reason and kenneth who was in the lead lost connection. Therefore, with 5 laps to go, I was leader by 100% luck. For once I wasn't the one losing connection.

I'm happy I stay in the lead of the championship but I'm sad that it happened this way. Fun battling you Timo .
Sleep on it, Ken. You lagging out was just unlucky, you should have won, and I feel really sorry for you. It was no-ones fault, though...

Not great races for me! Failed badly in quali, got 5th I think in the sprint, and a kinda non-deseved 3rd in the feature! I didn't realise I was having a nice fight with you, Hypothraxer, I just thought I was defending rather scrappily from a much faster car! I was going to give that place back, after my spin, but I thought I saw your wheel at a funny angle. I've got some kinda flu, so I got pretty hot as well!

I'm usually pretty good at autox, but this just didn't 'click' for some reason. Then again, I had no practice whatsoever...I enjoyed it, though. Let's hope for a few more people next round, eh? Can't wait!
well, I think I was the centre of attentions...as a racing clown. My PC almost lagged to death and I didn't practice a shit. All I have to say is, that until this PC performance problem (which made with lag just made it worse) isn't solved, I won't race.
absolute horrific race for me. Quali was easy and got pole. Then sprint, not much happening the first few laps. But then after the safety car I managed to break something inside the wheel which made shifting impossible. It shifted back 2 gear instead of 1 which made me spin ehm... atleast 4 times I think? I hit 2 people when that happend I think. Then the feature race I got my old wheel set up because I thought it was okay... Until I remebered why it was my old wheel: the throttle didn't come off and so I got into a wall. Then I alt+f4'ed because I was so mad. After so much time I put into making a proper set and testing everything I was getting my ass whooped by stupid mechanical failures.
:S Thats some pretty bad luck there Rikje :S. Maybe it snapped because of the amount of FFB you put? The DFP seems pretty fragile so it wouldn't surprise me if thats what caused it :S . Hope it gets fixed man. Thanks for the sets too, helped loads.
Yeah maybe , I'll call Logitech monday see if they can do something, if not I'll just a get a g25
Quote from Timdpr :

Not great races for me! Failed badly in quali, got 5th I think in the sprint, and a kinda non-deseved 3rd in the feature! I didn't realise I was having a nice fight with you, Hypothraxer, I just thought I was defending rather scrappily from a much faster car! I was going to give that place back, after my spin, but I thought I saw your wheel at a funny angle. I've got some kinda flu, so I got pretty hot as well!

From my point of view the start was pretty awesome. I thought I had already overtaken you but you managed to get that position back. And your defending was pretty solid as well. So as far as I see it: Nice fighting
About the lottery part of this round, I think my AutoX layout will be slightly better - it has some more "room for error" built-in.

Please test out that layout some early in the week leading up to that race, or even prior to that, so any changes to barrier positioning or layout can be made prior to raceday.

Apart from that, I thought the racing on track was cool. Some of the procedural things seemed clusterfeckish, but that'll happen.

d
Best possible lap: 43.95 :jawdrop:

Should've practiced more and gotten rid of the fewer :/
I had brake help on? I'm sure I made sure it was off whilst changing my driver!

Could somebody upload the replays, please, as I forgot to save too!

Round 2 Post-Race Discussion
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG