The online racing simulator
Mark Webber seriously injured in road accident
edit: irrelevant.
Ouch
I don't think the term "seriously injured" should be used so lightly, he has broken his leg and maybe broken his arms. It's a minor accident that has resulted in bad injuries, nothing more, that title is misleading and I had prepared myself for really bad news. If you originally quoted from the BBC's title which has since changed, then I direct that at the BBC, since they should never speculate on how severe an incident is until confirming it.
Good for him that this didn't happen during the F1 season.
Quote from DarkTimes :Yes, original BBC headline was that he was seriously injured in an accident. They have since changed it. I thought I made it clear I was quoting the BBC, but maybe I could have made that more apparent.

You want to be careful quoting the BBC these days! Typical media types though, they get a story and instead of checking it or holding back until they can confirm it, they just run with it and add in a side order of hype. It wouldn't suprise me if someone actually told them to change the headline to serious injury because it would get more hits on the website.
i see he carries his luck off track aswell
Quote from DejaVu :i see he carries his luck off track aswell

Imagine if the car in the incident was driven by Vettel who happened to be on holiday in the same area.
That's not a good thing, he was one of the more cooler dudes in the F1 spotlight.

I wish him a speedy recovery!
Nasty. Just hope he doesn't suffer a Peterson. Wish him well, and hope he's on the grid at the start of the season!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Imagine if the car in the incident was driven by Vettel who happened to be on holiday in the same area.

I get a feeling of my name here
thats what you get when trying to raise money for som charity

not cool stuff, wish him quick recovery
Hopes for a quick recovery. Apparently, motorist's lack of attention/awareness towards bicyclist/motorcyclist is universally lacking. I'm glad Webber got away as he did.

Please be careful out there, share the road, and watch for bikers.
Hey, I was going to post that!

"Latest - further to the story below we understand that the extent of the injuries sustained by Mark Webber are not as severe as first reported.
Mark has undergone surgery on a broken right leg - the only fracture - and is reported to be otherwise fine and in good spirits.
Expected recovery time is as yet unknown, although it must be said that Webber is likely to miss the majority of the winter test programme."
http://formula-1.updatesport.c ... n-bicycle-crash/view.html

Thousands of people fracture one of their legs each year and only a tiny amount have major complications - likening this case to Peterson's is a bit extreme, don't you think?
The fortune of F1's unluckiest driver continues.

Shame for him, as this means he's going to miss a good portion of if not most of the winter testing. He won't be able to develop the car or rack up seat time in it, so invariably he'll be at a disadvantage at the start of the season. This is not something he needs when he's going up against the quickest teammate he's ever had and when he really needs to step up and prove himself if he wants to stay in F1.

I really like him as an F1 driver. He's honest, he speaks his mind, but he's also a team player who doesn't thrash his team when things are going badly. And he's a really down-to-earth guy. Hopefully he can turn this around and have a strong season.
Quote from Lateralus :Shame for him, as this means he's going to miss a good portion of if not most of the winter testing.

nah hell be out for 6 weeks tops and by the looks of it from barcelona rbr havent done much work for 09 yet so id be surprised if he misses anything he hasnt driven before
Well that's good.
This isn't what he needs though, 09 will arguebly be the hardest season he will have(team-mate wise) and he needs all the testing he can get to give a good impression.

This man just doesn't have luck on his side does he.
Quote from Mustafur :This man just doesn't have luck on his side does he.

hes one of 20 guys who get paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing something most consider a hobby... he must be the unluckiest guy in the world
Quote from Shotglass :hes one of 20 guys who get paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing something most consider a hobby... he must be the unluckiest guy in the world

A hobby which he trains nearly every day for to keep a fitness level unriviled by any other sport and had to earn spnsorship through impressing the right people, to get given the chance to race the right cars in europe to allow F1 teams to see him.

In terms of overall hes pretty lucky, in terms of an F1 driver hes considerably unlucky.
-
(Jonas8431) DELETED by Jonas8431
I agree that the headline totally blows it out of proportion, hopefully we'll see him back soon.

Quote :hes one of 20 guys who get paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing something most consider a hobby...

Yeah but I bet he won't sue...
Quote from Shotglass :nah hell be out for 6 weeks tops and by the looks of it from barcelona rbr havent done much work for 09 yet so id be surprised if he misses anything he hasnt driven before

O rly?

Quote from ITV :While it looks like he’s out of the winter testing programme, we fully expect Mark to make the starting grid in Melbourne next March.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44651
It did say that it will be around 6 weeks which(could be more or less) would mean he wont be back till around the start of january which will be about the time when the 09 cars will be out.

But as an F1 driver he will be extremely motivated to get back in the seat and drive and it may be a good thing this happened judging by recent performances by drivers that have had an accident and bounced back in the next race.
on the one hand (foot) his fitness is bound to suffer but on the other hand (limb?) at least its his right leg so the loss of muscle strength isn't as critical unless adrian newey has come up with a car where the throttle is heavier than the brake

(i once drove an early sierra diesel where ford had inserted a peugeot diesel engine and it used a standard petrol sierra servo but with the vacuum provided by peugeot's vacuum pump rather than a petrol engines inlet manifold which, when coupled with a rather convoluted throttle arangement, meant the brake was lighter than the throttle ! )
-
(Gabkicks) DELETED by Gabkicks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG