The online racing simulator
The 2009 season gets under way in Barcelona

17 November 2008 / Photos

Formula 1 teams traveled to Circuit de Catalunya for the start of the winter testing season. This winter teams have to prepare for next season as there are some major aerodynamic changes. In Spain the BMW Sauber F1 teams look best prepared on the opening day.

Testing got under way in Barcelona on Monday morning with BMW Sauber F1 showing its 2009 specifications. The Hinwill based team looks best prepared for next season so far as the team has the new front wing, which is clearly wider than this season, and the tight small rear wing fitted to their 2008 chassis.

The williams wings looked a bit nicer to me. lol
-
(Paranoid Android) DELETED by Paranoid Android
Erm... why none of them wear slicks?
ferrria
<<is him drifting?

battery cooler?
Front wing reminds me of this...
Attached images
f1kart.jpg
Quote from [UKR] Race King :Erm... why none of them wear slicks?

Maybe there are too many new things in 2009, so they want to test them one by one to compare the different between 08 & 09 spec parts by parts.

just like "Team W" was just put on a 2009 rear wing on a 08 spec car to test
Quote from scania :ferrria
<<is him drifting?

battery cooler?

Because of the warning sign for high voltages / electricity I guess yes

EDIT:

2009, the year the F1 dies...

KERS, stupid looking wings, something else ?
#12 - robt
saw the BMW on the itv main page, made me burst out laughing, i think they forgot its and F1 test and bought an old spec FBMW
It's funny how suddenly the Williams doesn't look ALL that bad.
#14 - mr_x
I've never laughed at F1 so hard in my life (and I laughed pretty hard in the Singapore race with Massa, and also the whole 'spy' thing last year)... F1 2009 = very stupid looking!
please don't say all of them look like that thingy... I mean, I saw the Honda with the new front spoiler, and it looked okey, abit strange but ok... the BMW F1.09 aeros just look silly... Even an IndyCar is looking better then that...

EDIT: discovered the Williams, wich had the same looking Heckspoiler
Kill it with fire! It's ugly and looks silly.

I can understand why the spoilers are made bigger at the front and smaller at the back, but a front spoiler wider than the wheels and very small rear spoiler lifted up make that car look like a toy.

Contrast between the 08 cars and 09 cars is huge. The cars this season did look nice. Apart from Honda and that seagull glued on the nose they were sleek and pleasing at least to my eyes. The cars next year will probably be the ugliest bunch of 4 wheelers seen on race tracks that are not designed by retarded apes with their bad hand.

I do like the simple body with not too much extra fins, but the wing proportions are just way off to look any good. If all the cars will look like that I really, really hope for the sake of F1 that the rule changes deliver the racing they promised.
I could live with the front wing being that wide and the rear wing's length, but gawd the latter's narrah!
Quote :Testing got under way in Barcelona on Monday morning with BMW Sauber F1 showing its 2009 specifications. The Hinwill based team looks best prepared for next season so far as the team has the new front wing, which is clearly wider than this season, and the tight small rear wing fitted to their 2008 chassis.

This is the 2008 car with 2009 wings guys, so we can hope the 2009 body will look better with those wings...
It doesn't even look like a proper '09 wing due to the movable bits which presumably aren't fitted.
Quote from blackout :the Cars This Season Did Look Nice. Apart From Honda And That Seagull Glued On The Nose

Hehehe.
if they don't like the heckspoiler aeros thingys, why not making an IRL-Oval Config similar spoiler, wich would look much better...
I can see lots of those new front wings being broken off in T1 incidents, in fact it will be almost impossible to overtake without clipping the other car with your over sized front wing.
#23 - robt
The front wing looking so big is probably down to it being fitted to a 2008 car. Cant remember but i HOPE that the track for wheels has been widened back to pre-98 levels, then the spoiler would fit between the wheels quite nicely.
okay wtf... that looks like an electric toy you would ask santa to bring this xmas....
Well it could have been worse...
Attached images
CDG_graphic.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG