The online racing simulator
#1 - DCke
Howm uch reduction needs a FOX to be equal with FBM
Hi i want to start up a FBM vs FOX Rankingsystem and racesystem server ?

i want the FBM and the FOX on track but i dont know what is the perfect reduse for the FOX so he is equal as the FBM in performance .

Should be nice to get those 2 singkleseaters on the rankingsystems .

regards DCke FPRS FoxPower race&rankingsystems Belgium
#2 - G!NhO
fox handles much better imo, so it needs to be a bit slower than fbm
#3 - DCke
yeah i know thats my question , how much handicap/reduse the fox need to be aqual in performance as the FBM
#4 - G!NhO
try to make them have the same amount of hp and drive some laps?
Why don't you just test it yourself? I don't think anyone has done it yet.
#6 - DCke
nah in the past there were fox vs fbm servers but ok ill give it a try and test it , but if someone can help me would be nice , thx anyway guys .
Quote from DCke :nah in the past there were fox vs fbm servers but ok ill give it a try and test it , but if someone can help me would be nice , thx anyway guys .

As a basic start - if you add 17% restriction to the FOX, it will have the same power:weight ratio as the FBM - 307bhp:1ton. However, this will need more testing to work out the handling differences. Test ballast and reduce the restriction if you need to.
There is no perfect number because performance varies from track to track. The FOX is going to have a bigger advantage on a long track like AS Nat than it will on FE Gold Rev.
Isn't it the other way around? The FOX with the same power:weight ratio shouldn't only win the FBM in handling, thus be better on sinous tracks like FE?
For any given power/weight ratio, a heavier car is going to have a faster top speed (assuming roughly equal aerodynamics), so be faster at high speed circuits.
Why not try resetting your AI knowledge files, and try testing a few with different settings, see who wins?
Quote from JasonJ :Why not try resetting your AI knowledge files, and try testing a few with different settings, see who wins?

The AI doesnt learn anymore, so no sense in deleting the knw files.(if you delete them it wont work anymoer).
Anyway, great idea otherwise.
Work out the power to weight ratio of both cars and then reduce the FOX intake or add ballast until the power to weight ratio of both cars is the same.

Then test and if you have more grip in the FOX and times are faster than add some more ballast/intake restriction.
#14 - DCke
Thx guys for all the advice , still its hard to get an equal balanse between both cars .
even its different on every track

So we will give it a try with the FBM only

Coming up next week on S2 'FPRS Belgium Rankingssytem Server '
soon on S2 'FPRS Belgium Pro-Racesystem Srever'

Visit our Demo Belgium FBM Rankingsystem server
Belgium FBM Rankingsystem server

Coming up in december : Demo FPRS Pro-Racesystem for XFG-FBM

www.nazdrovia.be/FPRS THX To >> system programmer : FPRS Silox

Have a great time and lot of fun and nice races , and thx for the replys guys

see you all soon on track !!
I know on blackwood they are pretty much equal with the FOX at 13%
Approx 15% Air Intake on the FOX in my experience. Have tested this a little in preperation for a 2009 event.
#17 - MR_B
I'll join Lateralus in saying that it's very much track dependant. Remember other factors like wheelbase, and ability to heat tyres all affect stability and hence laptimes.

(Is that a factor in LFS by the way? Or would both cars heat the tyres exactly the same? I like to think they are...)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG