The online racing simulator
Di Resta to F1?
(13 posts, started )
Di Resta to F1?
I read an article on Paul Di Resta going to F1 as part of a deal with force india and McLaren Mercedes, It saw an engine package with Di Resta, what do you think ? Will it happen?
#2 - 5haz
Career heading down the toilet?

That is unless the Force Indians find out how to convert large amounts of cash into speed.
Quote from 5haz :Career heading down the toilet?

That is unless the Force Indians find out how to convert large amounts of cash into speed.

Well its been said that the team are being revamped and you wouldnt know how quick the cars would be with the Merc engines, it certaintly helped STR
#4 - amp88

It wasn't long ago that new drivers had to go into one of the lower teams to prove themselves before they got offered a seat in a top team. Why exactly would di Resta taking the Force India seat be so disastrous? It would allow him to gain experience without the massive pressure of being in a top team.
Quote from pacesetter :Well its been said that the team are being revamped and you wouldnt know how quick the cars would be with the Merc engines, it certaintly helped STR

Well the Ferrari engine didn't do them any good . Tbh, the Ferrari engine is probably better, but more expensive? Force India have cut 2 of their top guys from their 'force' including Mike Gascoyne. Mallya has now taken the roll of another guy, colin kolles, alongside his typical roll as team manager and whatever else he did last yr. Basically big cost cutting, but this could also mean the merc engine is a little more expensive too? Depends how you look it at really.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/11/8664.html Link for job cuts due to (imo) funding but disguised as restructuring.
Quote from BenjiMC :Well the Ferrari engine didn't do them any good . Tbh, the Ferrari engine is probably better, but more expensive? Force India have cut 2 of their top guys from their 'force' including Mike Gascoyne. Mallya has now taken the roll of another guy, colin kolles, alongside his typical roll as team manager and whatever else he did last yr. Basically big cost cutting, but this could also mean the merc engine is a little more expensive too? Depends how you look it at really.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/11/8664.html Link for job cuts due to (imo) funding but discuised as restructuring.

IMO Mike Gascoyne shouldnt have went without them putting in a better Team Principal immediately

Just like Alonso's career went down the toilet when he did his first F1 season in the Minardi?

Yeah, he really shouldn't have done that. Imagine where he would be now.

Or Massa in the Sauber. What a stupid decision that was.
#9 - 5haz
Quote from amp88 :It wasn't long ago that new drivers had to go into one of the lower teams to prove themselves before they got offered a seat in a top team. Why exactly would di Resta taking the Force India seat be so disastrous? It would allow him to gain experience without the massive pressure of being in a top team.

Beacuse all the top teams seem to want to take their drivers out of some random Karting Championship they just won nowadays.

Quote from zeugnimod :Just like Alonso's career went down the toilet when he did his first F1 season in the Minardi?

Yeah, he really shouldn't have done that. Imagine where he would be now.

Even in 2001, things were different.

Plus he joined Renault when they were on their way up, but not a top team yet.
#10 - JJ72
rather jumping to conlusion isn't it.
#11 - wild
One Scot leaves another joins

I'm unsure whether they will make him a driver for next season. Sutil and Fisichella already have there contracts for next season.

Unless Mallya buys one of there contracts out then that's the only way I think it can be done besides making him a test driver ?
Quote from wild :
I'm unsure whether they will make him a driver for next season. Sutil and Fisichella already have there contracts for next season.

I dunno, but something tells me Fisichella would be happy to retire if Maliya buys out his contract.
IMO everyone is going on that Sutil is very good, but he had a few non finishes this season

Di Resta to F1?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG