The online racing simulator
Any chance of a music forum?
(25 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1

Pweeeeez?

please dont crucify me but I do think the what music we are listening to now thread is getting rather large with almost one hundred thousand views and eight thousand posts, i need some thing to do on these cold nights, i want to compile what LFS'ers listen to and LFS Music Stations would be something to do???

Pretty please???
LOL THE CAT.

Yeah, tbh I think a forum specifically dedicated to music wouldn't be a bad addition.

But the "music we're listening to now" thread is part of LFS history, we cannot delete/close it!
A music forum would be a great place to share music tastes, and stuff like that. +1000 from me.
#4 - CSU1
Quote from S14 DRIFT :LOL THE CAT.

Yeah, tbh I think a forum specifically dedicated to music wouldn't be a bad addition.

But the "music we're listening to now" thread is part of LFS history, we cannot delete/close it!

True, it belongs forever, I'd use it to make LFS radio stations etc, a dedi forum would host discussion on what goes into different types of stations etc..fingers crossed that is
Well, it'd be a good addition to be honest. There are quite alot of people that share common music tastes, and it'd be a good place for light hearted discussion, as you have to be a right tosser to start arguments over one's choice of music
IMO there should rather be a topic regarindg everything around music, where you could share thoghts, freeware etc etc, a whole sub-forum just isn't right on a place like this.
Well, speaking as a music addicted, my +1000000 says it all.
I don't think that a whole new forum dedicated just for music is necessary. People will then want forums about movies, literature, games, sex, linux, sex and so on.

But if you still need one, then try persuading the mods to create a forum in the Other section and call it Racing Music or something like that, to keep the spirit of racing and LFS in it
register on last.fm, join the liveforspeed group, swear at zeugnimod for listening to pop.
Maybe a sub-section on the off topic section will do it!

+n

Edit: Lol Casse
#11 - CSU1
Quote from CasseBent :register on last.fm, join the liveforspeed group, swear at zeugnimod for listening to pop.

Will do
I agree with the cultural section thing!
#13 - JJ72
Good, so we can pick out all the Tokio Hotel fans and eliminate them from the surface of the earth.
Quote from JJ72 :Good, so we can pick out all the Tokio Hotel fans and eliminate them from the surface of the earth.

AHJHAHAHAHAHAAH , Exelent!
General music thread would do enough. That "now playing" thread is crap, no one really talks there. Everyone just spams it with their "favourite song today" selections.
Thread is win!
http://www.musicbanter.com/, http://www.muzicforums.com/, and many others are far more suitable for music discussion. This is a sim-racing forum and will be structured as such. All forums, except off topic, are in some way related to sim-racing, so music has to stay in odd threads in this forum.
How much music conversation is there on here anyway? We have the list of stuff we're listening to now thread, which is fair enough. But an entire subforum would be overkill. There's not enough music conversation to warrant it. People would just start creating new threads saying "OMG I just got <album>, it's awesome" and people would reply with either "sux" or "rox". Then someone else would start another, and repeat.

All of that fits in the WMAYLTN thread as it is.
Quote from Dajmin :How much music conversation is there on here anyway? We have the list of stuff we're listening to now thread, which is fair enough. But an entire subforum would be overkill. There's not enough music conversation to warrant it. People would just start creating new threads saying "OMG I just got <album>, it's awesome" and people would reply with either "sux" or "rox". Then someone else would start another, and repeat.

All of that fits in the WMAYLTN thread as it is.

Hey hey HEY you've just totally generalised there. You're correct, but I thought I'd make the point anyway.

Oh a related note: I <3 music. Discuss.
It would be great.
Wouldn't get enough use to warrant a seperate forum.
I can think of plenty of sensible discussions we could hold in a separate music forum, on another rather large forum I post on there is a separate TV/Movies forum which works very well
Quote from mookie427 :I can think of plenty of sensible discussions we could hold in a separate music forum

OBVIOUSLY you mean a forum for like nearly every indie band out there, full of posers and idiots who think myspace is awesome and post things like "OMG [insert band here] APPEARED ON THE COVER OF NME / TIME OUT / SOMETHING"
and I'd stay WELL away from there

or, alternatively, denounce them all as faggots
And one for actual instruments .

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG