The online racing simulator
LFS Keyboard Racers
(86 posts, started )
Keyboard
Hello to you guys,

Im using keyboard right now but Im saving for G27. As a matter of fact, I like to use keyboard, it's pretty good at turns if u need to do small but sharp turns.
But its not best for hotlaps, because you dont get that right feeling when u using keboard, but like in South City it is pretty good. But that is my opinion.
kb
I used KB for almost a year while playing demo... I was very competitive. 113's with fbm on bl1...... I didnt use look buttons, so i had to learn to listen for cars in my blind spot..... Bottom line,,, you can compete with kb until you get access to a wheel.... Then you have to learn to drive all over again....
I recommend chase view when using keyboard to improve vision and that way you can see your back tires start to break loose.. since no feedback with kb
im on a laptop and i use a mouse been thinking of adding a wheel n peddles but dont no how well id like it been using mouse for so long
Quote from KillaBOFC :im on a laptop and i use a mouse been thinking of adding a wheel n peddles but dont no how well id like it been using mouse for so long

Pretty simple put your laptop to table and then add your wheel to the table.
Wheel and Pedals works with USB so. :spin:
Yeah I've been on keyboard for about 1 year now. The only thing that I do not enjoy about it is that I cant drive any of the RWD cars well at all (although I am beginning to learn with the XRR and FZR) they're way too tail happy for me and I always find myself in the grass I've been considering starting to drive with a mouse for some time now. Maybe that will help with the RWD issue Anyway, great job and good luck to all those still racking keyboards
Bump ... of the year ?

Speedy77, you may want to focus on smoothing your throttle instead of steering. Using mouse does make it better though (if you can get used to that).

A poll for different controllers http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=326
What is the point in playing using keyboard in simulator game?
It is better to use this time to play TDU and NFS...:heyjoe67_ferrari:
Quote from acp___(pl) :What is the point in playing using keyboard in simulator game?

Except TDU (two) is broken with a wheel, and just as bad with a keyboard, NFS is plain awful with both. Keyboard racers don't affect everyone now, do they? When's the last time you raced against somebody online with a keyboard?
Quote from acp___(pl) :What is the point in playing using keyboard in simulator game?

I get your point, but as long as you enjoy it, who cares? I have been on a keyboard since I started playing LFS almost 3 years ago. I am sure I have just as much fun racing as you do.

Quote from GELIN SWE :One of Swedens best, WR #5 with XRG on BL2.

Throttel: Arrow Up
Brake: Arrow Down
Steer Left: Left Arrow
Steer Right: Right Arrow
Gear Up: W
Gear Down: E
Clutch: R
Look Left: A
Look Right: D
Look Behind: S

Manual Clutch
No-Stabilised

If you want to improve even more, I can recommend you to use Ks instead of Kn. I know it feels strange at first, but you really need it to be competitive enough. I used Kn during my first year of LFS, but at some point you have to change it to gain more time.

If anyone is interested, here are the settings I use:

Throttle: Arrow up
Brake: Arrow down
Steer left: Left arrow
Steer right: Right arrow
Steer fast: L
Handbrake: Spacebar
Gear Up: A
Gear Down: Z
Clutch: E
Look Left: J
Look Right: K
Quote from Steelbeen :I get your point, but as long as you enjoy it, who cares? I have been on a keyboard since I started playing LFS almost 3 years ago. I am sure I have just as much fun racing as you do.

When I feel like French fries, then go to McDonalds not to elegance and expensive restaurant
Flawed analgoy. Both places serve fries, okay, one may cost 10 Euros as opposed to 2.99, but they are both fries at the end of the day.

LFS Keyboard Racers
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG