The online racing simulator
LFS Keyboard Racers
(86 posts, started )
LFS Keyboard Racers
Just wondering how many of S2 licensed drivers race online
only with keyboards?

Planing to buy the license, but ill get a G25 just for christmas
so im just asking
I think most of those who don't have a wheel prefer to use a mouse rather than a keyboard. Gives much smoother input.
#3 - robt
i use keys. seems to be faster in everything but single seaters
not done bad on the hotlap charts either. (go to lfsworld and look up robt )
i use keyboard too.. tried the mouse a few times... but somehow i can't keep the cars on the black stuff
KingNothing used to play with kb didn't he. Fast blighter.. personally I've never grown accustomed to kb only. It's drivable, but I'll never be as fast as with kb+mouse or wheel/pedals.
Pretty descent times i think. But using mouse is sooo weird to steer.
Sometimes when I feel like it, when I do it is with the FBM etc. not the high power cars that will be a hard one
Quote from Sponge :i use keyboard too.. tried the mouse a few times... but somehow i can't keep the cars on the black stuff

Try keeping it on the green stuff instead
Iwas driving with keyboard a long time but now I have a wheel. You should make a poll
I've always uses a keyboard, with the way this computer is set up it is impossible to have a wheel as there'd be nowhere for the pedals to go
Quote from mookie427 :I've always uses a keyboard, with the way this computer is set up it is impossible to have a wheel as there'd be nowhere for the pedals to go

Same here, plus the only time I ever had a racing wheel was probably when I was 8 and used a Jordan sponsored one :ices_rofl
Also, did anyone notice the thread's number?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=50000
nothing wrong with a keyboard. i just don't want a g25 or whatever. im saving for a car anyways
KB!
I use KB from time to time, whenever I feel like driving outside of my league hours and when the wheel isn't up. Fun stuff. I'm used to it though.
Just bugs me i cant do fast lap times with a keyboard...
ChesNos gets 1:23 on BL with the XRT with Kb
I remember him from my Demo days, OMG he was my hero, now he has S2 i believe and still uses a keyboard!
Sometimes i use keyboard or ps3 controller but no g25 for me!
i used keyboard like about a year ago i got pretty good lap times also then i bought a dfp not i get better lap times
is there any ways to improve lap times with a keyboard?
perhaps changing steering / return rates or anything else?

G25 is still a month and a half from me and im just about to get a
S2 license. I pushed my limits and i need to improve fast.
#20 - robt
key rates etc do help. ill try n dig out my settings for you. also, set steering angles in car setup to under 14 degrees
I tried KB once, round KY_Oval on TVE's DD server when I couldn't be bothered to set up my G25.

I sucked, kept crashing. Hats off to anyone who can drive well with KB because it's very hard.
mouse ftw! i was a mouser before i got a wheel, never liked the keyboard stuff. mouse just has that smoothness with the input, it feels more natural than keys.
yep mouse is alot better than keys, once u get used to it

im still driving with mouse now o_o
will get a g25 soon tho

when ur steering with mouse, just try to look at the virtual wheel in the car
and dont think of the mouse itself
i used to do umm 38.90 with kb on oval in XRR with is very hard to do..
What buttons do you guys use to change gears and accelarate/brake while steering with a mouse?

LFS Keyboard Racers
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG