The online racing simulator
Scott Speed's awful ARCA end
(48 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :Yeah, it's not like you ever get a whole grandstand cheering when someone gets taken out or booing when someone they don't like's kid brother gets pictured. Oh wait..

I was at this race. There was plenty of cheering when both Speed and Stenhouse got taken out.

My initial reaction was that Speed made a really stupid move. After watching it on TV and seeing Stenhouse push him halfway down the back straight, I have a little more sympathy. Still, the end result was the driver for a small, family-run team (Justin Allgaier) won the championship and is moving on to bigger and better things. So it's not all bad.
#27 - col
Quote from Alistair :

Giving up playing with big boys toys and deciding to do one of the most important jobs on the planet would be a very good choice, not sure what that has to do with 'life' though
But because (ARCA) is such an amateur series, the competition level and the equipment level is lower. . . . I've said since the beginning I could care less about winning.
people call Hamilton arrogant
I didn't read most of this thread because I just needed to post.

Am I the only person that thinks Speed's revenge wrecking should be a court matter? Looking at the clip the other guy could probably have avoided contact but as far as purposefully wrecking it's too close to call (EDIT: OK, it was obvious wrecking or obivous not avoiding wrecking at least). Speed bloody admits to wrecking him just for the hell of it. That's endangering people's lives for no reason other than revenge and it is absolutely disgusting in my opinion. If I were his team boss I'd have sacked him there and then for being an immature little shit.

EDIT: "He started it!" OMG...
#30 - SamH
I'm not sure if it would make much ground in a court. Anyone who gets in a racing car is wilfully risking his own life and limb, and the lives and limbs of those around him. By implication, I think anyone participating cedes that much. I do think that being allowed to keep his racing licence makes a mockery of the motorsports licencing body, though.
Quote from SamH :I'm not sure if it would make much ground in a court. Anyone who gets in a racing car is wilfully risking his own life and limb, and the lives and limbs of those around him. By implication, I think anyone participating cedes that much. I do think that being allowed to keep his racing licence makes a mockery of the motorsports licencing body, though.

I think there is very good grounds for a court case, what possible defence does Speed have, he openly admitted deliberately causing a high speed crash, which every competitor is fully aware is not in anyway acceptable in motorsport. Taking someone out by being a brain dead BTCC driver is easily defendable as being negligence rather a deliberately malicous act, if you turn someone who you are not even racing into the wall then get out and openly admit you did it then there really isn't a defence.
#32 - Kaw
thats the coole'st thing I've ever seen, well done Scott.
Quote from Kaw :thats the coole'st thing I've ever seen, well done Scott.

He's your hero?
Quote from SamH :I'm not sure if it would make much ground in a court. Anyone who gets in a racing car is wilfully risking his own life and limb, and the lives and limbs of those around him. By implication, I think anyone participating cedes that much. I do think that being allowed to keep his racing licence makes a mockery of the motorsports licencing body, though.

I agree. And compare that incident with Scott Speed at that short track to Gilliland taking Montoya out at Texas last week were they go 200 MPH. Both things couldnt and shouldnt be in a court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEncyMy3ysI
#35 - Kaw
Quote from evilpimp :Lol.

Speed : '' He started it...''

Pfft go back to kindergarden xD.

That was pretty funny but the guy who pushed him is a royal ass.

It happens in many races, in karting it happens almost every week...Trust me..I would know
Yeah, I doubt it would go far in court. I'm just moody at the moment because I'm in the early stages of a really bad cold.

He should definately have his license revoked and be banned from interacting with any kind of machinery again though.
If you can go to court for incidents that happen in sporting events, nearly every hockey player should be in prison.

If I recall, even the brawl at a Detroit Pistons (NBA) game a few years ago, where some players went into the stands after fans, didn't end up with any players in jail.
Quote from Danke :If you can go to court for incidents that happen in sporting events, nearly every hockey player should be in prison.

If I recall, even the brawl at a Detroit Pistons (NBA) game a few years ago, where some players went into the stands after fans, didn't end up with any players in jail.

You seem to imply that nothing that happens in sport should be considered for prosecution. Obviously you don't mean that because that would be a silly situation to be in.

I admit Speed probably shouldn't go to court for this incident but what happens if he does it again and someone else dies? Do we just say, 'It's motorsport, he knew there was a chance he'd die so we'll just ignore it, oh, BTW, good revenge wrecking Scott!'

Of course it's an area you have to be careful with because you don't want to be prosecuting people for being involved in fatal accidents resulting from racing incidents when that is an accepted risk of the sport but you can't give people carte blanche to do stupid things that could easily result in loss of life.
I agree you can't give a complete exemption for actions taken during sporting events. Where to draw the line though becomes an interesting discussion.
I remember Williams teammembers almost being charged for manslaughter in 1994.
Quote from ajp71 :He went out and openly deliberately took out another car at high speed in a non-contact sport. There is no reason why he shouldn't face criminal charges and should never be let near a race car again..

Quote from Hockquan :He should definately have his license revoked and be banned from interacting with any kind of machinery again though.

+1
I wouldnt like him in any series except maybe solo or destruction derby. He could team up with Paul Tracy (who have done similar sillyness but not as dangeorus)
Omg
what a melt
kids today seems to be simply same as before
15 day ban for revenge crashing.
Quote from Shirtkicker :15 day ban for revenge crashing.

Where does it say 15 days? Anyways, he sold/ or is selling his rig...

Scott Speed's awful ARCA end
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG