The online racing simulator
Scott Speed's awful ARCA end
(48 posts, started )
ARCA's finale with Speed leading in the points.....

"Speed had every reason to be upset at Stenhouse's overly aggressive move Stenhouse later said he got down onto tracks rumble strips, which got him loose and sent him into Speed

Whatever, Ricky

But Speed deserves criticism for how he dealt with it Speed lost his cool and threw away his shot at a championship Speed returned to the track in 31st position but all he needed to do was place in the top 17 to clinch the title Speed blew it, especially considering how the race turned into a crash-fest."

Speed needs to keep his ego under control. Also I feel sorry for the #32 of Andy Hanson who was an innocent victim in that retaliation wreck.....this is why revenge never has a place on the track

Although this is by far the best ARCA season I've ever watched I hated how this ended....
Haha, what an eejit. And I thought this only happens in LFS and nobody would be stupid enough to do that IRL. At least not in a racing series that is popular enough to be broadcasted on TV.
Lol.

Speed : '' He started it...''

Pfft go back to kindergarden xD.

That was pretty funny but the guy who pushed him is a royal ass.
#4 - MR_B
What an arsehole Stenhouse is. Reminds me of Thompson or other BTCC drivers...
#5 - ajp71
He went out and openly deliberately took out another car at high speed in a non-contact sport. There is no reason why he shouldn't face criminal charges and should never be let near a race car again..
I felt a bit sorry for Scott Speed when Franz Tost lamped him at the Nurburgring. Now I wish he'd hit him harder.
I think he should've waited till the end of the race and went up to him and punched him right in the face. Would be a bit better and at least he'd still have a chance at the championship :P.
Stenhouse was overly aggressive. That's a fact. I seriously doubt he went on the track and thought, hmm I think i'll take him out. Nevertheless, Stenhouse deserved a penalty for that. But Speed was way out of line in taking him out like that.

And in an interview he stated that "ARCA is just an amature series" and he's too good for ARCA anyway. Phfffff......

Quote from evilpimp :I think he should've waited till the end of the race and went up to him and punched him right in the face. Would be a bit better and at least he'd still have a chance at the championship :P.

I think speed still could have won the championship. He came out 31st and has many much slower backmarker cars in front of him. Not to mention that the race became a crashfest and Speed probably could have finished 17th or better.

Probably a talk with Stenhouse after the race would do it instead of flatout retaliating on the track. Also, if I was was Hanson (the 32) I would punch both speed and stenhouse for ruining his small private team's car.
Fair play, the guy obviously wrecked Speed on purpose, so he just got him back. I know you're not meant to support this kind of thing, but both of them are dicks anyway so who cares if they injure themselfs doing this kind of crap.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Fair play, the guy obviously wrecked Speed on purpose, so he just got him back. I know you're not meant to support this kind of thing, but both of them are dicks anyway so who cares if they injure themselfs doing this kind of crap.

Because they wrecked an inocent car... DUH...

When the guy pushed Speed into the wall, OK, it happens, the guys a bit too agressive, he deserved a penalty + a punch square in the face but when Speed runs into him like that and messing up some inocent car passing by that probably doesn't have enough money to build a car bearly as good as that one... Its kinda stupid and dangerous. Some kinda of revenge would have been fine like pushing him the same way out of a corner but litterally punting him that hard was just suicide..
Anyone else think letting Scott Speed watch Days Of Thunder to get him to learn NASCAR was a bad idea?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Fair play, the guy obviously wrecked Speed on purpose, so he just got him back. I know you're not meant to support this kind of thing, but both of them are dicks anyway so who cares if they injure themselfs doing this kind of crap.

Ya ok....the only problem is, Andy Hanson the #32 was wreck along with Stenhouse when Speed retaliated. Hanson was purely an innocent victim just trying to get more finances for his small private team. He was running in the top 10 as well and when that happened that completely blew his car and his potential amazing finish.

Hanson's poor handling (very tight) car after the wreck didn't allow him to dodge a major pile up on lap 90 which left him with a 28th finish

Now you tell me that wasn't wrong?

Also I found the interview in which Speed said:

Quote :But because (ARCA) is such an amateur series, the competition level and the equipment level is lower. . . . I've said since the beginning I could care less about winning.

Quote :I still consider myself one of the best open-wheel drivers in the world.

http://www.mercurynews.com/othersports/ci_10740774

Quote from amp88 :Anyone else think letting Scott Speed watch Days Of Thunder to get him to learn NASCAR was a bad idea?

LOL great post
Quote from lizardfolk :"I still consider myself one of the best open-wheel drivers in the world."

But nobody else does, which is why he can't get a drive in an open-wheel series.
Pwnd. And you can say good luck to him getting in any team after this...
Quote from evilpimp :Pwnd. And you can say good luck to him getting in any team after this...

He already signed a contract with Red Bull Racing (#84 car) in NASCAR before this incident.

After this incident the Red Bull ppl had a chat with Speed and Speed said he would be more modest in NASCAR (sounds familiar? Exactly what he said when he switched over to ARCA from F1)

Problem is, he's replacing a very talented AJ Allmendinger which really gets me upset. Allmendinger proved he can survive the switch from ChampCar to NASCAR with a slew of top 20 finishes. But this brat Speed is replacing him anyway.....

But if Speed continues this attitude then he wont be in NASCAR very long

You can see the third car better with this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... NYz20&feature=related

Speed rams Stenhouse then comes back down on the track collecting Andy Hanson
Quote from Shotglass :that says more about the fans and their motivation to watch oval racing than about scott speed

It's common knowledge that many watch racing (any form of racing especially in the X-Games RallyX or oval racing) just to see crashes. In fact here in New York I found a group of people who watch F1 praying for a crash each race. These aren't true motorsports fans and I dont consider the people in the video cheering to be true motorsport fans either (have you noticed that it's only 1 or 2 ppl cheering? Not the entire crowd?)
you dont even have to go that far... ive lost count of how many times out local forum chav/ricer has voiced his hopes that massa will crash out
Quote from Shotglass :you dont even have to go that far... ive lost count of how many times out local forum chav/ricer has voiced his hopes that massa will crash out

Fact is, again there are millions that watch racing just for the crashes. Are these people more likely to watch oval racing, or X-Games rallyx than anything else? you bet.

But anyone who knows anything about oval racing or racing in general really would understand that crashes isn't what oval racing's about
#21 - SamH
Yeah, it's not like you ever get a whole grandstand cheering when someone gets taken out or booing when someone they don't like's kid brother gets pictured. Oh wait..
Quote from SamH :Yeah, it's not like you ever get a whole grandstand cheering when someone gets taken out or booing when someone they don't like's kid brother gets pictured. Oh wait..

Ya as if F1 doesn't have bad crowds *cough*HamiltonSpanishGP*cough*

oh wait.....
Sam, I think you should at least mid-term ban Scott for that one...
i'm surprised scot speed has stayed in racing
he's been rejected from f1 & NASCAR once when he was in a toyota
i think he should give up on life and become a teacher
Quote from Alistair :i think he should give up on life and become a teacher

teach others to wreck each other?

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG