The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :LOL. I've lost control into turn 1, everyone roll your saving throw.

well at times youll have more luck rolling a 1 on a d20 than getting through t1 the normal way
im all for it
Flossy dice hanging from the mirror. With correct physics calculations. Also air unfreshners (wunderbaum), cd's and micelaneous lucky charms.

Occacional animals and plastic bags on the track s for hazard.

Driver fitness simulation, too long stints gives tunnel vision and sometimes blured vision, this gets worse if you enter the mcdrive often instead of the health food drive through. (full rpg implementation)

Ultimate LFS Ab-tastic home workout system (as seen on TV) FFB will be used to give a workout program. Game will vary parameters like track/car/ffb-prower and stint-length for optimal fat burning. (actually ffb is the only exercise I get so I would prolly use the feature.

Flintstones/tricycle/pedal-car simulator (basicly an oldschool sports game sim where you have to alternate the pedals faster and faster to gain speed). Since its sim you have to measure your pedal stroke & force so it can calculate correct power output, could also be use as a 'push to pass' feature for the UF1 (much like you can speed up a pedal-moped)
Quote from heson :...
Flintstones/tricycle/pedal-car simulator (basicly an oldschool sports game sim where you have to alternate the pedals faster and faster to gain speed). Since its sim you have to measure your pedal stroke & force so it can calculate correct power output, could also be use as a 'push to pass' feature for the UF1 (much like you can speed up a pedal-moped)

That's an excellent idea !

About the 'push-to-pass' feature for the UF1, I suggest the possibility to get out of your car and to push it in order to go faster and to overtake someone. :hyper:
The best thing for the UF1 would be on circuits with wind: You could open the doors and get more benefit from a tailwind.
Quote from BigFatCat :The best thing for the UF1 would be on circuits with wind: You could open the doors and get more benefit from a tailwind.

now remove the engine and we have LFS - Live For Sailing
Oh my! It appears that the LFS community has finally lost the plot completely.
Carry on this is fun :munching_.

Anyone remember Road Rash? A chain wrapped round your LX6 adversaries neck would make him think twice about sneaking up on the inside for a crafty overtaking manoeuvre muhaha! I'd need to reasign the two buttons on my wheel
Quote from Klichka :This thread is for failed LFS ideas as opposed to real ones.

1) Whenever you race Hot Lap, how about a big flaming logo comes up with metal looking letters that say HOT LAP and then you can hear a cinema promo guy's voice scream HOT LAP!

2) The ability to add chrome spinners

3) The ability to add blue painted fire extinguishers so you can pretend you have 'DA NAWS'

4) Landmines, machine guns, and oil slicks

5) In game advertisements during races with sound on the side so Live For Speed can have extra funding to continue developing LFS. Imagine the fun of having Billy Mays suddenly appear to advertise Oxyclean which is followed by McDonalds....I'm loving it!

6) A whacky small cartoon character sidekick who looks like some sort of random animal thing and only serves to harass you as you drive 'WHOA LOOK OUT!!!!' or 'WOW THAT WAS A CLOSE SHAVE THERE BUB!' This would help us in obtaining a bigger userbase like it does for PS2

7) Tractor Trailers! Screw F1 cars with their dinky 7 speeds, this baby has 15!

i think we found the ultimate noob
Why? I only see perfectly valid failed suggestions there...
Quote from BigFatCat :The best thing for the UF1 would be on circuits with wind: You could open the doors and get more benefit from a tailwind.

Actually I was going to continue the irreverent humour in the thread with my next suggestion but this one is almost certainly feasible:

Get some engineering clever type to rig up a desktop fan with adjustable fan speed. Then get an insim packet from LFS to determine car speed and adjust the "wind in your hair" factor accordingly - the faster you go, the faster the fan blows until you have the full hurricane effect as you reach max speed along the Aston straight. Of course, this should really only apply to the open top / single seaters (unless you want to simulate having wind-down windows in a tin-top, perhaps). We could get Victor to start selling LFS-branded aviator goggles for the truly die hard.

Rakhsh

#60 - SamH
Quote from theirishnoob :i think we found the ultimate noob

I think we've found the ultimate "no I didn't read the title, what am I doing in this thread?" person
Quote from Aegilops :Actually I was going to continue the irreverent humour in the thread with my next suggestion but this one is almost certainly feasible:

Get some engineering clever type to rig up a desktop fan with adjustable fan speed. Then get an insim packet from LFS to determine car speed and adjust the "wind in your hair" factor accordingly - the faster you go, the faster the fan blows until you have the full hurricane effect as you reach max speed along the Aston straight. Of course, this should really only apply to the open top / single seaters (unless you want to simulate having wind-down windows in a tin-top, perhaps). We could get Victor to start selling LFS-branded aviator goggles for the truly die hard.

Rakhsh

Heh That's great!
Live for Shooting - hang out of the window and shoot at the car in front tires to give a puncture and slow them down, hit the petrol tank for explosion and kill the driver when you are feeling angry - and when you want blood splattered all over the windscreen!

We could have so much fun!
Oooh, I like the deskfan idea, but it'll need white silk scarves too

Maybe you can produce an add-on to the fan that will introduce the occasional accelerated fly (that's a "bug" to our esteemed colonial visitors) or grit and grass cuttings when following someone off hunting badgers?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG