The online racing simulator
Failed LFS Improvement suggestions
This thread is for failed LFS ideas as opposed to real ones.

1) Whenever you race Hot Lap, how about a big flaming logo comes up with metal looking letters that say HOT LAP and then you can hear a cinema promo guy's voice scream HOT LAP!

2) The ability to add chrome spinners

3) The ability to add blue painted fire extinguishers so you can pretend you have 'DA NAWS'

4) Landmines, machine guns, and oil slicks

5) In game advertisements during races with sound on the side so Live For Speed can have extra funding to continue developing LFS. Imagine the fun of having Billy Mays suddenly appear to advertise Oxyclean which is followed by McDonalds....I'm loving it!

6) A whacky small cartoon character sidekick who looks like some sort of random animal thing and only serves to harass you as you drive 'WHOA LOOK OUT!!!!' or 'WOW THAT WAS A CLOSE SHAVE THERE BUB!' This would help us in obtaining a bigger userbase like it does for PS2

7) Tractor Trailers! Screw F1 cars with their dinky 7 speeds, this baby has 15!
#2 - Gunn
This section is for improvement suggestions. I'll move your topic to General LFS discussion for you. That should reduce the flaming, at least a little bit.
What about:

Jelly Car racing

Biplane, taxying races

racing with Dungeon & Dragon Rules

racing with bi-fuel, where you have to grow the food as part of the race

Troy
shortcuts on dirt tracks/through corn fields/unused buildings
oversized novelty animals driving the cars on the roof
high wind? try hurricane force wind
knight rider style turbo boost/ski mode
#5 - J.B.
Hydraulic suspensions and a Chevy '64.
Nos innit

Ricer shit - 'rims' (they're called wheels!), 'vinyls', exhausts etc

An automatic ricer kicker. Hard to implement I know, but Scawen should have persevered on that one :P
#7 - tpa
..... thats a big bus :wow:
#9 - tpa
They're everywhere in Germany...

But I am kind of sure that I've been on one like that in Seattle so it shouldn't be anything new even to americans (public trans..what?)
#10 - mr_x
double decker bus would be better, more risk of it tipping over

are there doube decker busses in any other country, ive only ever seen them here in the UK!?
Just think how many little busses Tristan could hacksaw that into

whats wrong with big bus racing anyhow? hehe

SD.
Quote from XCNuse :..... thats a big bus :wow:

Ah, bus schmus. In Utrecht (Netherlands) we have buses with two hinges :

Fancy getting those around a tight chicane.
#13 - mr_x
what about bus banger racing
hey sparkydaves wheel dream has ACTUALLY been turned into an avatar
An XBOX release with XBOX Live integration and PC integration with XBOX live servers. This will allow us to gain a broader market of 9-12 year old pale kids who can scream racial slurs over the microphone and play crappy music to add a neat background to the race. They can also add spice by crashing into people and using YOUR car as a wall in turns so they can make a harder turn without ending up in the grass while putting you in the grass at the same time.
#17 - Nard
Quote from Klichka :They can also add spice by crashing into people and using YOUR car as a wall in turns so they can make a harder turn without ending up in the grass while putting you in the grass at the same time.

MUHAHA! Sounds just like Banger Racing.

My suggestion is this:

McDonalds drive thru at the entrance of the pits, and the option to compose your menu on the fly while racing with a similar interface to the pit-stop window.
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
Quote from Nard :McDonalds drive thru at the entrance of the pits, and the option to compose your menu on the fly while racing with a similar interface to the pit-stop window.

Fries load in stomache: 65Kgs
Refuel with Cheeseburgers if hunger > 30%.
Driver has asymmetrical/symmetrical fat.
Stomache pressure: 8.41 bar
Fat amount (front/belly): 18%
Fat amount (rear/bottom): 86%
....wooooooa its HUUUUGE

@mr_x; only in UK that i know of; and apparently i've heard over the news that they quit running them now (reasons i dont know why)

@tpa; ..only thing we have around ATL is MARTA (metro atlanta rapid transit authority) and that consists of busses and electric (trains? i guess; underground ones)

only place i know that has 2 sections is in California (learned that from my drivers ed teacher cause she said she used to drive one).. and not sure of anywhere else.. never really asked or wanted to know
Quote from mr_x :

are there doube decker busses in any other country, ive only ever seen them here in the UK!?

We have double deckers here in Ireland too. Both the buses and chocolate bars
Quote from Klichka :This thread is for failed LFS ideas

Same thread in 2 fora ?
Quote from (SaM) :Fries load in stomache: 65Kgs
Refuel with Cheeseburgers if hunger > 30%.
Driver has asymmetrical/symmetrical fat.
Stomache pressure: 8.41 bar
Fat amount (front/belly): 18%
Fat amount (rear/bottom): 86%

Hahaa, yess.
Would it be legal to smash into a wall hard enough to shake a few feet off the bus?
Double decker busses (and coaches) here in Australia as well

I'm all for caravan racing
strippers on t1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG