The online racing simulator
shadow error
(10 posts, started )
shadow error
hi to all.

lately i have a notice about a shadow error,
its happen on various track with various cars randomly,
the car has no shadow its look like its floating on the road.

any suggestion?

amir
I have the exact same problem on my laptop.
I'm almost positive it's because the graphics card is too old, i suggest upgrading your PC.
This problem does not happen at "random". The reason behind this is you are using high-res textures and your video card doesn't have enough memory to store them. Also, it could be happening if you turn up your 3D settings to max when using a cheap video card.
I have the same prob. I ain't keen on getting new Computer stuff. As long as LFS still runs at a decent FPS, and if the PC itself works, I'm satisfied.
Same here, It happends on different surfaces of textures.

Ati 4870 here. I thought that it was something with the drivers, but im up to date though 8.9
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Same here, It happends on different surfaces of textures.

Ati 4870 here. I thought that it was something with the drivers, but im up to date though 8.9

You're having this problem? I also have the Radeon 4870 and ever since I got it I've never gotten this error, with highest 3D settings and high-res textures, and Catalyst 8.9.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :You're having this problem? I also have the Radeon 4870 and ever since I got it I've never gotten this error, with highest 3D settings and high-res textures, and Catalyst 8.9.

Sure?

SO does have it.

E: Gosh, he means something else, lol My fault... ignore
Attached images
glitch.jpg
glitch2.jpg
lol Takumi

To anyone else who may be wondering, this thread is about the error message "Shadow error" which makes all shadows disappear, not about errors with the shadows.
Yeah, I know. Spaced before reading..
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :This problem does not happen at "random". The reason behind this is you are using high-res textures and your video card doesn't have enough memory to store them. Also, it could be happening if you turn up your 3D settings to max when using a cheap video card.

i dont think so... i ve a brand new pc and that is happening to me also (250 fps and you say it is bad :wtf2

shadow error
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG