The online racing simulator
#1 - ABFlo
Cockpit too dark: is there a control?
Hi all.
I am coming back to LFS after a while, so downloaded the Patch Z update and made some tests. I found a problem: now the cockpits are very dark, while previously, with the older versions, I don't remember similar problem. I also searched for options in the different panels (display, graphics, and so on), but did not find anything useful to solve the problem.
Am I the only one to notice this effect? Do you have some advice to improve the situation?
Thanks, ciao
Maybe try to increase your screen brightness.
Either the brightness or the gamma correction. I'd increase gamma first, you should be able to do this in your graphics driver settings. Maybe it is just your screen getting worn out and needing some help
I'd say that the new cockpits are actually brighter than before
Are you actually leaving the pits to check the brightness? When just sitting in the garage you're in the shade and the cockpits are very dim. On my screen they're pretty much black. Pull out into the pitlane and into the sun and everything brightens up.
Quote from Lateralus :Are you actually leaving the pits to check the brightness? When just sitting in the garage you're in the shade and the cockpits are very dim. On my screen they're pretty much black. Pull out into the pitlane and into the sun and everything brightens up.

qft
#8 - ABFlo
Thanks all for the replies.
Unfortunately I still have the same problem. I did not try only in the pits, but made several tests, also for checking track zones with good sunlight.
My monitor is quite old (a Philips CRT 19" 109B), but still very good, and the general gamma adjustment of my video card is suitable for all the other simulations (rF, GTR2 and so on). Probably the best thing for me would be to have a gamma option directly in LFS, but I did not find it.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Ciao.
Cockpits are darker now when you drive in the shadow. In the pitboxes they are darker now, if you drive out of the pitbox they light up.

You know monitors loose contrast over time?
Quote from marzman :Cockpits are darker now when you drive in the shadow. In the pitboxes they are darker now, if you drive out of the pitbox they light up.
You know monitors loose contrast over time?

I already tried many times driving out of pits, but I still find the cockpits too dark. I also know about monitors loosing contrast over time, but strangely enough LFS is the only sim that creates this problem with my system. Sincerely I was happier with the light conditions of the old patches, and I think that it would be nice to have at least a gamma setting in the graphic options.

Ciao
Quote from ABFlo :Sincerely I was happier with the light conditions of the old patches, and I think that it would be nice to have at least a gamma setting in the graphic options.

A quick work-around would be to create a custom colour profile in your video card's control panel (both nVidia and ATI support this) and associate it with a game profile for LFS (you need ATI Tray Tool to do this with ATI). That way it would apply the colour profile whenever you run LFS.
What about the weather setting, did you pick the overcast option by any chance? That creates about as much darkness as I can handle with my weak eyes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG