The online racing simulator
Wheel drive
(28 posts, started )
Wheel drive
Hello

I have now my drive licence, and drive my car ( Golf V 2.0 for info )

But between LFS and my real car, its perfectely same BUT wheel not.

If you turn 90° with G25 on LFS , car turn very fast, but with real car not

I don't know if you understand

Thanks
turn the G25's wheel rotation setting to 900 degree, then 900 degree ingame and then wheel compensation 0.00 !
720*
? 1 or 2 ?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :720*

Why 720 when you can make better use of the G25 by using it to its full 900 degree potential ? He wants it as realistic as possible
It's better to set the degrees to 900 and then set wheel compensation to 1 in LFS. Then you will have the same degrees of steering than the car in LFS has. That way you can jump from UF1 to MRT and the steering degrees will be correct without any need to fiddle with any setting.
720°. No car in LFS does have more than 720°.
Well, mine is set to 720, and it rotates in game exactly the same as it does on my G25 itself. Why turn EXTRA? That's not realistic

I can jump from the XFG to the BF1 and not have to change a thing
Quote from Flame CZE :720°. No car in LFS does have more than 720°.

As standard. It's easily modded. Plus it doesn't hurt to go higher than 720, and it could help with other games.
#10 - Woz
I asked Scawen about bumbing the lower cars to 900 instead of 720. Sounds like there is a bit of work required in animation and there is also the posibility it might make patch incompatible, probably due to way wheel position is recorded. So its on the work stack, not dure when though.

I would prefer sooner than later as most road cars are up in the 1080 range IRL. 900 is the logical limit for LFS as that is what the highest lock offered by most gamer wheels
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, mine is set to 720, and it rotates in game exactly the same as it does on my G25 itself. Why turn EXTRA? That's not realistic

I can jump from the XFG to the BF1 and not have to change a thing

900 degrees is less realistic than 720 ? I haven't heard of many road cars with 720 degree rotation. Just because the wheel in the game only turns 720 degrees doesnt mean that it is more realistic. Turn the steering wheel off in views and then it's just your wheel that you see anyway
Point taken, not many road cars do.

But the cars in LFS do, which is my point

It's more realistic because you're not over-turning in RL for the effect in game.
#13 - Woz
Quote from Gills4life :900 degrees is less realistic than 720 ? I haven't heard of many road cars with 720 degree rotation. Just because the wheel in the game only turns 720 degrees doesnt mean that it is more realistic. Turn the steering wheel off in views and then it's just your wheel that you see anyway

errrr. Please tell me a SINGLE road car that has as little as 720 rotation? You realise we mean 720 from lock to lock and not centre to one side?

Most road cars run 1080 rotation and the more "sporty" might get down to 900. 720, no.
I believe the Alfa Romeo 156 GTA has 2 1/4 turns lock to lock, same as the trusty G25. FXO anyone?
Quote from Woz : 720, no.

Yes, BMW X6 is one of the latest models with 720* I know
#16 - Woz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I believe the Alfa Romeo 156 GTA has 2 1/4 turns lock to lock, same as the trusty G25. FXO anyone?

g25 is 2.5 times which is 900. There are cars I know with 900. The BWM Mini CooperS and WorksS are 900 I believe.

Quote from [RF]-art555 :Yes, BMW X6 is one of the latest models with 720* I know

Are you 100% sure of that considering the X series is a 4x4 style car? Even though the X6 is a coupe it is still NOT a car. 720 would make it too twitchy for the school run, which it would be used for.

Even the M series are NOT 720 so I seriously doubt an X will be. You know because you have one or know because you have read?

Care to post details that show the lock stats?
Lowest road car example I can think of is the TVR Tusan. On the MkII it was upped from 1.75 turns (630°) to 2.0 turns (720°), as it was considered difficult to place exactly / too twitchy (on the MkI).
Quote :is still NOT a car

It definetly is a CAR, uhm 4 wheels, engine and that sort of parts you'll find in any automobile :rolleyes:
Allthough, I do agree its a rubbish thing (X6, yes that stupid new SUV)
Quote from Woz :
You know because you have one or know because you have read?

Thats what is written in the mag, that was testing it, I can scan the page and post it, but it will be hardly usefull as it is in russian
Quote from Bob Smith :Lowest road car example I can think of is the TVR Tusan. On the MkII it was upped from 1.75 turns (630°) to 2.0 turns (720°), as it was considered difficult to place exactly / too twitchy (on the MkI).

There you go, my point is proven, thanks Bob

TVR Tuscan is a great dorifto car
The Scirocco gets 900° right?
Will they update the road cars then too?
Could be, then the new standard is 900°.
We will see.
Quote from Woz :errrr. Please tell me a SINGLE road car that has as little as 720 rotation? You realise we mean 720 from lock to lock and not centre to one side?

Most road cars run 1080 rotation and the more "sporty" might get down to 900. 720, no.

Errrr. yea, that is exactly what i was saying wanna try reading again ?
720° isn't irrealistic for the cars we have here.
It is true that most road cars have around 1080° from lock to lock, but they also have more than 36° of wheel lock (what we have now in the road cars).

So basically, 720° is realistic since they went from 42° (900°) wheel lock to 36° by putting some blockers to prevent the cars from having a too high wheel lock value. Pretty much like the XRR which has only 540° of steering lock because its wheel lock is 24°, which is a derivate from the XRT.
So maybe if there was more wheel lock available, then I think having 900° lock will be useful. I tried racing with 900° instead of 720° and my setup that was really really reponsive on 720° seemed sluggish here, just because it took longer steering wheel rotation to perform the same wheel rotation.
So 720° here isn't irrealistic.
Quote from Zen321 : I tried racing with 900° instead of 720° and my setup that was really really reponsive on 720° seemed sluggish here, just because it took longer steering wheel rotation to perform the same wheel rotation.
So 720° here isn't irrealistic.

I'd say you needed more time to accomodate. I use 900* rotation in all road cars, just for the sake of fun (harder=more fun) and I didn't find it much less responsive than 720*. Just require some time to get used to, thats all really
Actually logitech profiler can change the wheel settings. In RBR it turns 540 degrees while in LFS it turns 720

Wheel drive
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG