The online racing simulator
wierd texture problem
(19 posts, started )
Odd texture problem
Hi!

I have a quite old computer, but the game has run smoothly (40-50 fps) and without problems until last night.

No matter what car / track, all or some of the track textures near camera disappear, or go "messy". It happens also in replay, but not when viewing track side cameras. Fps has also drop under 30.

A picture tells more than a thousand words, so here's a screenshot.
Attached images
textures.jpg
Hi

I had that when my Gcard decided too crap itself...
i replaced it and no probs ever since

worth a shot
So i'ts a hardware problem? I have to buy a new g-card?
Do you get this kind of problem in any other games/apps? Any textures being messed up or any artifacts on the screen?
No, it's just LFS.
I also got a message "path info changed" at every race start. Does it have something to do with this?
OK, that was too easy. I just had to ENABLE the vertex shading from the game options. I must have turned it off by mistake then, cos the problem appeared yesterday.

Anyway thanks all who replied, and thanks to Eric and boys who made so amazing game
Plz Help!!!
Quote from pb32000 :Do you get this kind of problem in any other games/apps? Any textures being messed up or any artifacts on the screen?

I have that problem!!!
Here are some pictures...
Attached images
Exterior view.jpg
Interior view 1.jpg
Interior view 4.jpg
Interior view 5.jpg
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :I have that problem!!!

Have you tryed doing any of the suggestions posted above? i.e enabling vertex shading?
#9 - Mauni

Looks like graphic card overheating to me. Is it same with other games too? Have you overclocked it?
You should test GFX temperatures with rivaTuner or ATI equivalent while playing.
As ^ said, I think it`s caused by overheating, and thats bad.
Try to get the computer coolder, but it may be too late, and the only solution then would be to replace the card itself
I

Kudos for replying in old topic instead of making a new one

As for the problem, it's not the same as I had few years ago . Those artifacts/errors are random, and as said, they look like a result of calculating errors of overheating GPU.
I thought artifacts could happen if the drivers were f00ked?

Atleast, when I had that with one of my old graphics cards and BF2 - i just done a nice re-install of the nvidia drivers, and it sorted it right out.

Maybe it could be overheating as well though, just double check that the fan is spinning right I guess. If it is, and its still overheating, stuck a floor fan pointing at ya PC :P haha!

I had that problem, driver updates didnt work so I just got a new card
I have a NVIDIA 6600GT - they say it runs hot, 3.2 GHZ P4, Vista Ultimate - but it did the same in XP.

So I guess it is a hardware problem...
I tried V/Sync - didn't work

I will try another graphics card in it and see if it has the same problem, if it doesn't I will get a new one...

Thx for ur help!!!
Quote from Mauni :Looks like graphic card overheating to me. Is it same with other games too? Have you overclocked it?
You should test GFX temperatures with rivaTuner or ATI equivalent while playing.

It is the same with other games too
Definitely an overheating issue then. If your gfx card has a fan, check it's not blocked by dust and is actually turning. If it is, time to get a new card.

I get those kinds of artifacts on my 360 sometimes in Forza 2, and it's definitely down to overheating.
Thanks Everyone!!!
THX EVERYONE FOR UR HELP!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
I Got A New Card!!!!!!!!!!
Yep,
I bought a NVIDIA 8600GT and the problems are gone and I now have DirectX 10!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is awesome!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all of your help!!!
Probably something to do with the Z-buffer, but I'm guessing.

wierd texture problem
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG