The online racing simulator
Help with lfstweak
(25 posts, closed, started )
#1 - RS1T
Help with lfstweak
hi i just got lfstweak for patch z, installed it and it works fine, i just dont quite understand some parts of it and how to use it.

1. I thought you could change the wheel sizes to make like monster trucks. How do you do this on the z version?

2. I dont understand the maximum and minimum gear things. If i want a car to have 7 gears, what should i enter for these values

3. If i make a car AWD (FZ5, RAC), they usndersteer horribly, (unlike untweaked rb4 which handles well). Is there anything i can do to the setup to stop this?

thanks
Quote from RS1T :hi i just got lfstweak for patch z, installed it and it works fine, i just dont quite understand some parts of it and how to use it.

1. I thought you could change the wheel sizes to make like monster trucks. How do you do this on the z version?

2. I dont understand the maximum and minimum gear things. If i want a car to have 7 gears, what should i enter for these values

3. If i make a car AWD (FZ5, RAC), they usndersteer horribly, (unlike untweaked rb4 which handles well). Is there anything i can do to the setup to stop this?

thanks

How can we help you when you have a version that's not community (moderator) approved and released.
Quote from Panda X :How can we help you when you have a version that's not community (moderator) approved and released.

i think it is moderator approved and relased in lfs database
Quote from RS1T :hi i just got lfstweak for patch z, installed it and it works fine, i just dont quite understand some parts of it and how to use it.

thanks

1. You don't
2. There is a min & max amount for the gears - enter the same number for min & max. 6 = 4 gears, 7 = 5 gears, 8 = 6 gears, 9 = 7 gears (which is the maximum you can have)
3. No idea... made an AWD FXO and it handles like a dream... More power maybe?

And on the subject of Mod approval, how can they not allow it when it is on the LFS Database (!)
Sad that sounds won't change.
Quote from PioneerLv :Sad that sounds won't change.

you've got the Carsound remixer for that, mate.
#8 - amp88
Quote from RS1T :

By default the front wheels will be on an open diff when the car has been transformed into AWD. You'll have to play about with the front/centre diffs to cure the handling problems. Look for a setup guide for more info on diff settings and types.
Quote from Senninha25 :you've got the Carsound remixer for that, mate.

With Z Tweak version you can change only power, but sound won't change. In V Tweak version sounds was changing right when you changed car power.
Quote from JO53PHS :

Size of engine maybe? made a 3.5L FO8 and it understeers a tad more

Quote from PioneerLv :Sad that sounds won't change.

Yes they do :S

I've got an BF1 that sounds like a lawn mower
I made a V8 UF1 and had a drag race with a BF1. The UF1 won... I love the sound of V8s.
How do you actually make a V8 with it? The best I could do was a Flat 8
Quote from JO53PHS :How do you actually make a V8 with it? The best I could do was a Flat 8

You can make V8s in cars that have vee engines, namely the FO8 and BF1

Ditto with flats and inlines.
Well how did he make a V8 UF1? ^
Quote from JO53PHS :Well how did he make a V8 UF1? ^

I dont think he did - he made an inline 8 and thought it was a V8.

A turbo flat 8 in the FXR sounds awesome
Quote from JO53PHS :1. You don't
2. There is a min & max amount for the gears - enter the same number for min & max. 6 = 4 gears, 7 = 5 gears, 8 = 6 gears, 9 = 7 gears (which is the maximum you can have)

And on the subject of Mod approval, how can they not allow it when it is on the LFS Database (!)

The LFS Database is not official. The mods should remove the tweak from there and warn the site because its allowing people to openly host illegal files.
Whoops, I was in a rush, I ment an inline 8...
Quote from PioneerLv :With Z Tweak version you can change only power, but sound won't change. In V Tweak version sounds was changing right when you changed car power.

but you still have a LFS local sound editor, just press Shift+A.
Quote from mcintyrej :The LFS Database is not official. The mods should remove the tweak from there and warn the site because its allowing people to openly host illegal files.

I know it isn't official, but I would have thought the LFSDB people might have done something if it was an 'illegal' one
Quote : Lible - 07.09.08
To those concerned about the devs not allowing this - as stated in LFS Forum's agreement, the devs don't care and the moderators deal with this stuff. I sent a link to this mod to a moderator but it seems they don't care as long as it isn't posted on the forum.

From lfsdb.
I found the same tweak on someone's website. I say someone because saying the guy's name is name & shame. I think .
Download it before it gets removed.. actually looks a very good tweak!

doesnt look License Protected though..
The tweaks become more and more spartan. The devs need to release the values and how to manipulate them, as well as a license protection system. Every patch the new tweak is missing something else.

I remember when we used to have:

tire size
Tire spacing
Engine location to any degree (could put it under the driver if needed)
Turbo on/off
Engine configuration (inline, V, Flat)
More engine control (19000rpm was possible)
wind resistance
etc.

Now you can make silly cars and thats it. Can't make my F430 because the tires aren't the right size, or the engine sounds off with a car that has similar tires. What a shame, the more realistic LFS becomes, the less control over custom cars. The way things are headed, S3 is a no go for me.
he "whomustnotbenamed" is still working on this tool, maybe we will get more changeable values in further versions.
The app this thread is about is not permitted to be released here, and likewise there should not be conversation about it either.
This thread is closed

Help with lfstweak
(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG