The online racing simulator
Mini-FBM Series - Pre-Planning Phase Underway
NDR is pleased to announce that it is in the beginning stages of scheduling and planning the 2008 Mini-FBM Series, pitting 45% restricted FBMs against each other in some of the tightest, smallest combos that LFS has to offer.

The schedule is currently under development, but comments on ideas for it are welcomed here. Please also feel free to indicate your interest in participating here. I'm hoping to announce the 2008 calendar in the next two weeks.

d
#2 - J@tko
Please note that it will be mainly road courses, but there will be a couple of AX rounds thrown in there too.

Comments on formats of races are also welcome
I'm very interested in this.

I propose 1 sprint race (10 minutes) and 1 main race (30-40 minutes with reversed grid and mandatory pitstop).

Saturday would be a good race day for me personally.
Current format as discussed by J@tko and myself:

Permanent Circuits:
Qualifying: 10 minutes open track
Sprint Race: Approximately 15-20 minutes in duration
Feature Race: Approximately 40-50 minutes in duration, compulsory pitstop, random seed of number of finishers of Sprint Reversed for Start of Feature.

Autocross Circuits:
Qualifying: Single-Lap Time Trial
Sprint Race: Approximately 25-30 minutes

Comments ?

d
Quote from dekojester :random seed of number of finishers of Sprint Reversed for Start of Feature.

That's a very good idea, you don't get people intentionally finishing in a certain position in the sprint race like that.
This sounds good , and Zeugnimod is right no one would intentionally finish some where to have a chance at better points in the feature,
woot i think im in

lets see how LFSBC R5 goes first tho
I am waiting for the schedule to see if I can sign-up. We had a really nice R5 in the LFSBC with these cars. Just note that if it is between november and december, I will probably miss a few races.
#9 - J@tko
Update on the NDR website.

edit: 1st September????

Are you on the Julian calender joe???? Or have I missed it for that long?
Quote from J@tko :Update on the NDR website.

edit: 1st September????

Are you on the Julian calender joe???? Or have I missed it for that long?

1st September is right... saw it that time
I will definately be in, hopefully it will be on the weekends.
If its on Sunday I might be intersted.
Don't much care for restricting cars, but if I can make time for it I might be in. Would need to be a weekend, can't conflict with the 16hrs of Kyoto or the three the Desire of Patience races and other than that work life and real life permitting I might join.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Don't much care for restricting cars, but if I can make time for it I might be in. Would need to be a weekend, can't conflict with the 16hrs of Kyoto or the three the Desire of Patience races and other than that work life and real life permitting I might join.

Here's what I've got of a calendar so far. It'll be only a handful of rounds this time, to sort out the formula, and to fit it in before 2008 ends.

No distances or dates yet, just combos. Restriction yet to be set..trying to find a happy medium.

Round 1: AS1R - Aston Cadet Reversed
Round 2: Joseph's Layout (AU1_MiniFBM1.lyt)
Round 3: FE3R - Fern Bay Gold Reversed
Round 4: dekojester's Layout (AU1_MiniFBM2.lyt)
Round 5: SO5 - South City Town Course

The restriction will be somewhere between 35 and 45 in the end...I'm shooting for one that fits all well.

d
Attached images
Track Map.jpg
Attached files
AU1_MiniFBM1.lyt - 4 KB - 607 views
AU1_MinIFBM2.lyt - 3.1 KB - 571 views
Here are two SPRs that I just made of my crappy driving in a 37% (the current provisional Intake Restriction that we're testing) restricted FBM.

Please don't take my driving as the exact way to do it...unless you want to finish last. :-) These are merely guides to where the track goes.

d
Attached files
MiniFBM_JoesLyt.spr - 95 KB - 239 views
MiniFBM_dekoslyt.spr - 76.2 KB - 280 views
where can i get those tracks? :o

EDIT: nvm im blind
If you want deko, I can make an uberkewl pic for your track too

:-)
Quote from JO53PHS :If you want deko, I can make an uberkewl pic for your track too

:-)

Yeh, I'll have you make one when I finish tweakzoring it.

The posted version is no longer entirely accurate, but it isn't changing much. Reprofiling some bits to make better passing zones.

d
Quote from dekojester :
Round 1: AS1R - Aston Cadet Reversed
Round 2: Joseph's Layout (AU1_MiniFBM1.lyt)
Round 3: FE3R - Fern Bay Gold Reversed
Round 4: dekojester's Layout (AU1_MiniFBM2.lyt)
Round 5: SO5 - South City Town Course

d

These layouts are very funny to drive guys, you just need to put more bales or tyres instead of concrete blocks if you don't want to see some FBM flying everywhere during Round 2 and 4. Especially on the outside of the first fast chicane of dekojester's layout where it is very easy to lose your car. Also, I rolled my car numerous times in the damn Taha Turn...
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :you just need to put more bales or tyres instead of concrete blocks if you don't want to see some FBM flying everywhere during Round 2 and 4.

I would If I could. I'm on the object limit at 512 objects, and I had to remove a whole load of bales just to be able to finish making the track

Anyway, crashes will make it more interesting... and less boring for the SC driver
How can we have an SC when no-one knows who the leader is....???
You tell me
TBH hones I don't think we should have a SC as a) you can't tell who the leader is and b) it takes up one of the 16 grid slots.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG