The online racing simulator
Round 4 Pre-Race Discussion
Round 4 brings us to Aston National with the FOX, for a bit of a...different go.

We'll be doing two races in one round, both worth half-points each. And half on both scale. So, the Overall points will be 15, 14, etc. Then to do the class points, it will be 7.5, 7, 6.5, etc.

There will be qualifing to set the order for Race 1. Then after race two, I will have Microsoft Excel generate a random Number between 0 and the number of cars who finish Race 1. That number will determine how many positions are reversed, to determine the starting grid for Race 2. The number will be revealed after the race ends. Cars who Do not Finish will start Race 2 in the order LFSStats classified them, behind all finishers.

d
Nice I will remind the hell out of myself to be there and make sure to get some practise in as i never usually get on with the S-S types!
Quote from gizmo2k5 :Nice I will remind the hell out of myself to be there and make sure to get some practise in as i never usually get on with the S-S types!

FRO|FormulaRacing|NDR server is set to the combo for Round 4...you're all welcome to hop in there anytime and practice at your leisure.

d
Can't wait for round 4, is there any mucking around involved with to be where we all need to be on the grid for race 2?
Quote from Mike Bingo :Can't wait for round 4, is there any mucking around involved with to be where we all need to be on the grid for race 2?

No, the race will either be ended to resort the grid, or I will use my Grid Order App (which tends to work when I'm out at school, but not at home, for some reason) to take care of it more easily.

The reason I announce it AFTER the race is so people press hard in both races, and don't do any "planning to finish to start further up" as that ruins the racing, IMHO.

d
#6 - J@tko
Quote from dekojester :The reason I announce it AFTER the race is so people press hard in both races, and don't do any "planning to finish to start further up" as that ruins the racing, IMHO.d

Agreed completely

This is a great combo, lots of overtaking opportunities and slipstreaming. Ballast also won't be too much of an issue as there aren't that many corners.

GL all

I hope I'll do quite well at this round, I like the FOX.
I'm beginning to like the FOX When it comes to the skin, what are the rules on number boxes etc? does it just need some on the side panels of the spoiler or do you want it on the engine cover etc?
Quote from gizmo2k5 :I'm beginning to like the FOX When it comes to the skin, what are the rules on number boxes etc? does it just need some on the side panels of the spoiler or do you want it on the engine cover etc?

Number must be on top of nose, and on the outer sides of the rear wing endplates.

d
Thanks time to get busy!
What times are we getting?

I'm getting mid-1.49s, so I guess I could squeeze in a 1.48 for quali, a bit slower for the race.

What downforce are people using? I've got 4/5 atm, which seems about right.

Tyres will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if people can make R1s last the 7 laps, I'm struggling to make them last 4 laps but I'm always like that

Currently refining race set - struggling with mechanical grip
Best i have managed while drunk last night was a 1:51 i need to find my lines a bit better!
Quote from J@tko :What times are we getting?

I'm getting mid-1.49s, so I guess I could squeeze in a 1.48 for quali, a bit slower for the race.

What downforce are people using? I've got 4/5 atm, which seems about right.

Tyres will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if people can make R1s last the 7 laps, I'm struggling to make them last 4 laps but I'm always like that

Currently refining race set - struggling with mechanical grip

Thats not too bad. I managed a 47.7 other night offline. but that was with no ballast at all! But running at that pace, will only managed 2-3 laps. with a big fall off to the hi 49's.

Im also gonna have to severley tweak the set to last race distance. Think i was running 4/5 as well... the traction out of the 2 hairpin type corners is a real struggle. i changed my line, went in real slow and tryied to square the corner off which made a huge diff (matched WR thru 2 corners) but i still spin every 4 laps :-)

Also finding the last corners (chicane section) pretty tricky. watch the WR and see his line... its awesome fast, but pretty darn difficult!
Quote from Dizzydarryn :Thats not too bad. I managed a 47.7 other night offline. but that was with no ballast at all! But running at that pace, will only managed 2-3 laps. with a big fall off to the hi 49's.

:jawdrop: Oh dear

Quote from Dizzydarryn :Also finding the last corners (chicane section) pretty tricky. watch the WR and see his line... its awesome fast, but pretty darn difficult!

Its bloomin hard I agree - get it right and you've got a good run into T1, get it wrong and you could cause a big crash.
Right - Excuse me while I go shoot myself.
The best I've managed so far is 1:52 - with no time to practice I guess I'll end up somewhere at the rear haha.
It's also the first time I race in a single seater so I can already see me spinning all over the track.
Can anyone help with my skin that is guarenteed to make you go much quicker?
Quote from Mike Bingo :Can anyone help with my skin that is guarenteed to make you go much quicker?

I can.
  1. Open paint.exe.
  2. Open FOX_DEFAULT.jpg
  3. spray paint your number onto the nose and sides of the rear wing.
  4. Save as FOX_LFSBCMB or suchlike.
  5. Upload to LFSW
  6. Use in Round 4
  7. Have a guarenteed win!
Lol. Just make a skin with a NOS sticker on it and the on straights press on the red button. It works.
Quote from evilpimp :Lol. Just make a skin with a NOS sticker on it and the on straights press on the red button. It works.

Wrong!!

Its ALT-F4 FOR NOS11!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
omgz nos ftw !?1/1!11eleven.
Quote from J@tko :I can....

1. Open Photoshop
  2. Open FOX Pro Kit.psd
  3. Make a decent skin.
  4. Save as FOX_LFSBCMB or suchlike.
  5. Upload to LFSW
  6. Use in Round 4
  7. Have a guarenteed win and ownage of J@tko's skin.
Quote from JO53PHS :
Have a guarenteed win and ownage of J@tko's skin.

You clearly havnt seen my skin yet

@Deko - can I use different skins for quali and race?
@Jack's@Deko

No.
On topic....
Nah it's completely off topic: I can do steady 50's without my feet :snail:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG