The online racing simulator
Finally getting the hang of this skinning thing! Just trying to make the FOX a little more interesting than plain white with my numbers. Not much more interesting mind
Hmm.

Quali - Oh dear - can just about make R1s last for 2 flying laps. Getting the last corner right is a challenge though I think I'll be pitting alot in quali - but hopefully I'll be able to get a good time.

Race - Oh dear - tyres are not great - I can get R2s up to just about a reasonable temperature, hoping that others use R1s and get a bit hot towards the end. Not good in a straight line though - people will be passing me left right and centre Very consistent though - just done 5 low 1.50 laps in a row.

BTW - to all - please can we post the skins we're going to use for this round in this thread. This is so that, incase we have a commentator, he can use our skins to work out who we are instead of going, hmm, wonder who that is

Ty.

Mine attached - put the dds file in your skins.dds for hi-res of my skin

EDIT: Deleted attachment - will edit and re-post.
I'll stick some more practise in tonight hopefully and see how i can make the tires last for 7 laps! need to work out fuel too!
Quote from gizmo2k5 :I'll stick some more practise in tonight hopefully and see how i can make the tires last for 7 laps! need to work out fuel too!

:shhh: 21% (although you'll have to stick it in 6th to get in the cool-down lap :P)

BTW If you havn't made your skin yet, just give a description if you won't finish it before race day
Hah might give it an extra 2% or so to be safe. Skin should be finished very soon. It's most likely going to be fairly plain - white with a black stripe down the middle and of course numbers where necessery. May change colours though!
Here is my skin, that should be the finished version, but in fact, I may add something on the wings.

I trained a little bit and I set a 1:50:5 with my ballast - That's 3,5 seconds behind the WR:weeping: I am sure that Darryn is gonna own all of us.
Attached images
GB1.jpg
GB2.jpg
GB3.jpg
Nice clean skin there

I''m probably gonna be quite far behind unless i can latch onto a faster driver early on!
Yes I am going down, but I'm going dressed in spandax
Attached images
spidercar.jpg
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Here is my skin, that should be the finished version, but in fact, I may add something on the wings.

I trained a little bit and I set a 1:50:5 with my ballast - That's 3,5 seconds behind the WR:weeping: I am sure that Darryn is gonna own all of us.

hmmm... ill be open about it in the hope to spur other people on because its possible...

So here goes... in quali trim no ballast --> i have an online pb at 48.1 but a more average lap is a low 48. With ballast in, the best i have managed is a 1m48.77 (and that was a balls to the walls lap)!

Anywayz, race pace. without ballast... fastest lap on lap 7 --> 1m 48.84,
slowest lap --> 1m49.4 (excluding standing start lap).

However, things arent that rosy with ballast --> fastest lap = 1m49.2 and slowest was lap 2 at 1m50.02.

Im running 22% fuel and its safe!

Im also seriously struggling with speed due to the super LOW pressures that you have to run to get the R2's to heat up. I also played around alot with cambers, and although reducing them for race distance, i have found that less camber on the right hand side doesnt hurt too bad, relative to the left. But on average im do2n 2km/h cause of pressures and 1-2 km/h cause of ballast. i expect ballast to be worth 0.4 in quali, and about 0.5 in the race...

What you guys think.

Im not against the idea of helping out during some of the free pracs if anyone keen.

P.S. do yourselves a favour and watch the WR...
Will there be a FP on Saturday/Sunday like for Round 3? Or is the server always open? Seems like I can practice this weekend & thursday, friday. So hopefully times will get down a little - though I doubt I'll be able to fiddle around with the setup.

P.S.: I've watched the WR - but when I try to brake the same moment he does I'm missing the bend entirely - haha.
Lol... his set does turn very well! But i managed to get within a ball park of his time. and im pretty useless at setting up a car in LFS if it takes more than camber and pressure adjustments.

Ive got round 8 of our S.A production car this weekend so i probably wont do any prac over the weekend, maybe sunday night?

I tried to get on the server last night but couldnt find it for some reason. If all else fails, we can always use the S.A. server which seems incredibly quiet of late (other than on race/prac nights!)
Quote from Dizzydarryn :I'm mega quick..........

Wahey! I've got a chance of beating you in quali - can get mid 1.48s fairly easily.

Race - Not bad - still a bit slower than you, although there's not much more pace in me I have the same tyre problems as you - but I'd have thought you could make R1s last the distance?

Maybe not.

BTW, what cambers you running? I'm at 0/0 front and back and I'm still getting really badly uneven tyre wear

I'm being forced to use really different df settings to my quali set to give me enough front end grip - theres just nothing with the R2s

At least they're heating up just enough.

LOVE T1 though - fantastic corner

And people, whats our split times? I'm getting mid-to-low 48s in quali, high 48s in race

Quote from Hypothraxer :Will there be a FP on Saturday/Sunday like for Round 3? Or is the server always open? Seems like I can practice this weekend & thursday, friday. So hopefully times will get down a little - though I doubt I'll be able to fiddle around with the setup.

P.S.: I've watched the WR - but when I try to brake the same moment he does I'm missing the bend entirely - haha.

Yes, there will be FP this weekend (as long as Deko's not busy)

And, to all, FYI the server is down atm. No idea y, but it is - Deko's PMed Maz about it
I seem to have no problems running the FOX on cold tyres so im gonna use R2's and maybe even lower psi to stop me from ruining them best i have managed so far is a 1:51 so time to study the WR lap :P
Quote from J@tko :bla bla bla...

hmmm, Dont think its possible to get those R1's to work for a full race distance, besides, once the R2's are up to temp, they are only a touch slower than R1's in quali set :-)

Low 48's to mid 48's (1m48) in quali will put u at the front i reckon. Race pace, ja, work on it

As for sector times... first sector, also between low to mid 48sec mark. second sector... oh ja, there is none!

I agree T1 is awesome, i ve done so many race runs with just a touch on the brakes, that i cant convince my foot to not touch the brakes on a quali run even though it should just be a little lift.

I think im running about 0.6+ at the front. Also getting pretty uneven tyre wear thru the race. (the outside is still blue) But ive found you have to reduce camber dramatically to get even wear, but then you are no where through T1 and the final corner. which are the 2 most important corners on the track!
By the way, server's back up now. Set to AS3 / FOX, for you to join at will and practice on.

d
Whats with the entry message?

It has irrelevant info about nothing

What is the FBM Grand Prix series (Is that Mini-FBM? (Since when was it called that)) and WTF is the FRO|NDR team... and why does it not say anything about being the NDR server?

EH!11`?
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : Ignore me - I'm wrong :(
Quote from JO53PHS :Whats with the entry message?

It has irrelevant info about nothing

What is the FBM Grand Prix series (Is that Mini-FBM? (Since when was it called that)) and WTF is the FRO|NDR team... and why does it not say anything about being the NDR server?

EH!11`?

Will you stop worrying about irrelevant things ?

I would suspect that it's FRO's S2 FBM Server, that Maz renamed to NDR to get us by untill he gets the normal one back up, or something.

Otherwise, stop worrying about trivial shite.

d
Deko, you don't understand, I HAVE to worry about trivial shite... I have nothing better to do

so, who's making it to FP this weekend? I most definitely will be. due to my stupidity i missed the whole last round when i was available!
Quote from gizmo2k5 :so, who's making it to FP this weekend? I most definitely will be. due to my stupidity i missed the whole last round when i was available!

I'll be there (I hope)
Has FP times been announced yet? can't see them on the forum

Skin included also in attachments
Attached images
lfs-20080905-185417.png
lfs-20080905-185423.png
Quote from gizmo2k5 :Has FP times been announced yet? can't see them on the forum

Skin included also in attachments

1900 UTC for both, same time as regular race starting times. That's the times for FP1 and FP2.

d
Managed to get a 1:49.5 with a race setup. I guess with some more balls at that last chicane it might be 1:49 or even a high 1:48 - but I'd rather finish the two races without a spin than to risk too much there. I haven't been able to race 7 laps without a spin yet.

I hate Single Seaters!

P.S.: Pics!
Attached images
fox_syn1.jpg
fox_syn2.jpg
My laptop is now connected to the internet thank god

D/ling LFS now - will be there for FP
Sorry I missed FP1, got invited out for a few beers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG