The online racing simulator
Hill Climb Course
(131 posts, started )
@anttt69 - Ehem... shut the fcuk up and read the topic tittle + first post + aLL OTHER POSTS b4 going all bullspit on everyone...thankyou.

The previous statement brought to you by, " THE BULLSH*T I CAN HARDLY TAKE", we now resume our topic

@Jamexing - i see,.I forgot to explore it from the other drivers point of view
Need I remind you that LFS is a simulation of car physics. What we're suggesting here is something that's actually possible IRL, so your barking up the wrong alley. BTW, racing has always been dangerous.

Need I remind you that the object is not to cause a massive crash, though seriously, that already happens a bit too much online anyway. At least it's restricted to 2 cars only! Moot point.

No, the idea isn't to play chicken on BL. It's about racing on a mountain pass style track with 2 marked lanes.

I'm sick and tired of people who act as if closed loop tarmac circuit racing is the only form of racing worth simulating. Thanks to this prevailing attitude, rallying remains neglected. What a waste of a brilliant physics engine. Current rally cross circuits are too short and boring to be of any real fun anyway. Coupled with the lack of a well done RB4 and some rally cars, this is only going to get worse. Beside, LFS has a remarkable lack of complex corner sequences ATM.
Quote from Ricerguy :.I have a nice addition to this hill climb idea.
Since people say it may get boring, how about 2 pits? one at the top one at the bottom and the hill climb track could be made into a circuit where you chose to go down for the start or up.This would take away from the annoying boringness of a one way course, and probably appeal to those who like testing their cars top speed down a hill (me).Between each stage would be the pits due to the bumps and bruises due to happen on either of them just incase.

Just think of it. 2 pits, 2 start lines, one at the top one at the bottom, 2 seperate races on one track (uphill stage/Downhill stage).

Each to their own?

:ices_rofl

WTF? I stand by my comments. What do you think LFS is, Destruction derby?

Your idea is total crap. Two cars setting off on a collision course illepall
You need your head looking at mate!

Oh yeah, for the record I think your the one who needs to shut the fcuk up you brianless tawt who do you think you are?? Also if you check the thread title its about hillclimbing not wacky races.

edit: ahh now you say you have two marked lanes, well at last some sense. thanks jamex you can see why I thought that it was a collision course though.

as for Ricerguy I think he needs to show some restraint before badmouthing people. How dare you!
ROFLCHOPPEDSNAKEMAONAISE.

Ehem. how many effing times do i have to say that neither of the cars if starting at different points will ever meet up making it as if u were racing alone.the circuit setup is to stop the drivers from getting bored of uphill stop uphill stop te usual up hill would still be implemented but,like the dragstrip there would be a way back to the "start line". the idea of adding a downhill is just an addition stemming from this.How Dare ME? HOW DARE YOU!

my ideas explaination IN COLOUR
ok here it is,in the green area the corner configs(chicanes,snakes,etc), in the red area is the pits for each leg of the race,Blue is the uphill starting line and the purple is the downhill startingline(for a clockwise race.)
it's a hillclimb track we're talking about, not a destruction derby.. and i think it's a really good f'ing idea!

nothing i can picture would be a more fun addition to this game atm.. i think.. :P
ok right now I can see where we got our wires crossed, you made it into a circuit. Have you ever seen or been to a hillclimb event? It is in effect a narrow lane winding up the side of a hill.

Your idea has its merits but has nothing to do with a hillclimb course.

I just had a thought, they do that in cycling dont they in the velodrome? same sort of format apart from the hill
i think the technology and the software exists, to run "google earth", do some heuristics and/or use existing road map data so that you can click anywhere on the globe and race anywhere you please. ignoring the surroundings...but that is secondary.
my bad ant i remember the type of hillclimb now ty i thought this was a rally uphill ...o well...uum what car do we have that would do this? :/...
LX4,6 RB4, UFR,XFR and the open wheelers and maybe a GTR car
Actually, any decent RWd and 4WD car could do well on a hillclimb.
Quote from george_tsiros :i think the technology and the software exists, to run "google earth", do some heuristics and/or use existing road map data so that you can click anywhere on the globe and race anywhere you please. ignoring the surroundings...but that is secondary.

:wow: Imagine that facility in LFS, being able to race or rally any stretch of tarmac on the planet. I'm sure you could get it to randomly generate surroundings based on the terrain & map info.
Quote from Jamexing :Actually, any decent RWd and 4WD car could do well on a hillclimb.

there are a hell of a lot of FWD cars in german hillclimb races. Mostly old polos and golfs though.
AKA European FWDs with good performance potential.
#89 - Tomi
For the record, in a regular hillclimb race, the drivers start every 30 seconds, park after the finish line then wait for the last car to finish. The cars do 3 runs and the cumulated times makes the classification.

When there is a crash, the running cars are stopped by the marshalls (red flag) and restart when the road is cleared.

All sorts of cars race in Hillclimb, from almost stock FWD sedans to open-wheels and prototypes.

I don't think waiting for the others to finish is boring as long as the event is well organised. We organise Slalom (autocross) races in LFS using the very same rules and it is a lot of fun. It's almost the only type of racing which allow people to be both drivers and spectators. We laugh at each others on teamspeak and play the commentators and it doesn't require any training because we discover the track 1 hour in a practice session before the 3 official timed runs
Not too different from WRC MO, with 30s gap between cars. And yes, it's a much better atmosphere then most of circuit racing today, with F-1 being the pinnacle of arrogance. 200AUD tickets and you still can't see the drivers up close or even get a decent seat.
I love the crossing of the track in hillclimb races, when a security marshall stops you, and as soon as the next car has gone by tells you to cross the tracks.
And when if there's retirement on the track, everybody behind the retired car has to go back and refuel their car ...

Just gotta love hillclimb races
Glad to see this thread still going. Go to the below link for a pretty good exampel of a proper hill climb course...as you will see it is nothing like pikes peak!

http://members.tripod.com/sprints/scammonden.htm

Now to join the start and end together perhaps we could have a straight road like 8 lane drag? People could cycle round here and wait at the bottom to run again. Runs spaced 30 secs apart. There might be a holding box where you have to wait to start again...after the 30secs you are moved to the line ready to go?

Here is a map of a course...it isn't very long and you would be looking at lap times of sub 1min on the really fast cars. It's a sprint race! Just join the end to the start and you make a loop.

The UFR would fit the bill of good hill climb car! The LX4 and 6 as well!
A team member of Finalgear has made a kinda Hillclimb on Aston circuit
It can be found here or directly
The height difference on some parts of Aston are noticable, which would make it great for a HillClimb Track.
Oh man, this is what ive been waiting for. I would love to have this in lfs, we must get the guys to seriously consider, as it would be great to drive. Could you imagine the xfr, and ufr going on this stuff The possibilties are endless. Even the formula cars can do it!!!x10.
Here get some inspiration and watch some videos on here-www.berg-cup.de
#96 - aoun
Tight twisty mountain hillclimbs are the best!

+100000000000000000000000000000000 xd
Group B 600hp monster + twisty WRC mountain stage == Ultimate LFS
#98 - Tomi
Just a quick report from St Ursanne - Les Rangiers.

It was pure madness on wheels :woohoo:

There was a corner named "Les Grippons" which is a bit like l'Eau Rouge at Spa, but much narrower. This is where you could see who had the biggest balls...and it was the frenchman Lionel Regal, famous for a few vids on the net which was the fastest, taking the corner at 233 km/h with his F3000. He also won the event, after a great battle with the Swiss Eric Berguerand. The most impressive closed cars were the BMW 320 Judd (550 HP) of Georg Plasa, the Mercedes 190 DTM (powered by an ex Brabham F1 Judd) or Reto Meisel and the Delta S4 of Bruno Ianniello and the Porsche 935 of Alain Pfefferlé.

I also saw 2 nasty crash. In the first one, Martin Jermann from the Czech National Team lost his Alpha 147 Cup at about 170km/h and almost put it on the roof, saved by the rails. The second one happened to Marc Fleury, a drifter who only participate to do the show: after a rain fall between the last two legs, he didn't realised a small wet patch would remain under the bridge which cross the track at the Grippons. He was already on opposite lock when the rear wheels touched the wet patch and he lost it completely, hitting the barriers and wrecking his M3.

There were all sort of cars from all ages, from 1.6L group N Clio and Pug 106 to F1 engine powered F3000. It was a lot of fun.

I still haven't uploaded my own gallery but you can already find pictures and videos here :
http://www.dasracingteam.ch/
Quote from Tomi :Just a quick report from St Ursanne - Les Rangiers.

It was pure madness on wheels :woohoo:

There was a corner named "Les Grippons" which is a bit like l'Eau Rouge at Spa, but much narrower. This is where you could see who had the biggest balls...and it was the frenchman Lionel Regal, famous for a few vids on the net which was the fastest, taking the corner at 233 km/h with his F3000. He also won the event, after a great battle with the Swiss Eric Berguerand. The most impressive closed cars were the BMW 320 Judd (550 HP) of Georg Plasa, the Mercedes 190 DTM (powered by an ex Brabham F1 Judd) or Reto Meisel and the Delta S4 of Bruno Ianniello and the Porsche 935 of Alain Pfefferlé.

I also saw 2 nasty crash. In the first one, Martin Jermann from the Czech National Team lost his Alpha 147 Cup at about 170km/h and almost put it on the roof, saved by the rails. The second one happened to Marc Fleury, a drifter who only participate to do the show: after a rain fall between the last two legs, he didn't realised a small wet patch would remain under the bridge which cross the track at the Grippons. He was already on opposite lock when the rear wheels touched the wet patch and he lost it completely, hitting the barriers and wrecking his M3.

There were all sort of cars from all ages, from 1.6L group N Clio and Pug 106 to F1 engine powered F3000. It was a lot of fun.

I still haven't uploaded my own gallery but you can already find pictures and videos here :
http://www.dasracingteam.ch/

those Golf 1's r my favorite :banana: :woohoo:
Plasa's Judd BMW is just insane. On courses with much corner his gears are setup so close, that he rarely stays in one gear more than 2 seconds illepall

edit: If you want to see some videos of Plasa's BMW: http://www.georg-plasa.de/downloads_videos.htm

Hill Climb Course
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG