The online racing simulator
#1 - mheee
i'm an oval fans and i don't know which server to race
Even i search ,most servers are empty and i want to race with every one who loves oval
As I said before, please no new topic on every issue you have.
Most people are working now, ect... Try a bit later on.

Also, see LFSWorld chat where I already helped you out.
#3 - AMB
Quote from mheee :Even i search ,most servers are empty and i want to race with every one who loves oval

FM Oval Junkies would be your best bet, nearly any FM server.
#4 - mheee
Quote from AMB :FM Oval Junkies would be your best bet, nearly any FM server.

tell me the server name plz?
thx!
"(FM) Oval Junkies" is the server name
#6 - AMB
yup that's the one above.
but you need to use the mouse or a wheel cause im usin a keyboard and they did not let me join...
Quote from chavm481 :but you need to use the mouse or a wheel cause im usin a keyboard and they did not let me join...

That's one of the most stupid things I've heard! I am far better with the keyboard than I am with the mouse. I really can't drive with a mouse due to the many years of keyboard gaming in other games. I do have a wheel now-a-days but it's pretty stupid not to let people join because of the keyboard!
im better with the keyboard than with the mouse...
Oval can be pretty weird to drive actually with keyboard, gotta tip the button all the time to left/right.
it is weird and swirly but i cant take my mouse...
This is the only decent oval racing experience you'll find online (with the exception of any remaining N2003 racing and some organised rF/LFS events).

LFS isn't really suited for oval racing, it only has one boring track and no suitable cars for it and the popular pick up servers all have short races with standing starts (which a lot of the LFS oval racers struggle with) and bumpdrafting F1 cars, not really a touch on real short track racing, which I can understand the appeal of (and enjoyed in my brief stint with iRacing)
Quote from chavm481 :it is weird and swirly but i cant take my mouse...

there´s are reason no keyboard users are allowed to race on oval junkys..
its nearly impossible to drive oval with keyboard, and anyway if you drive like you post..
the quality of me driving at fast speeds with a keyboard is the same as my posts.
Quote from chavm481 :the quality of me driving at fast speeds with a keyboard is the same as my posts.

Then I'm not surprised they don't let you in anymore
Quote from ajp71 :This is the only decent oval racing experience you'll find online (with the exception of any remaining N2003 racing and some organised rF/LFS events).

LFS isn't really suited for oval racing, it only has one boring track and no suitable cars for it and the popular pick up servers all have short races with standing starts (which a lot of the LFS oval racers struggle with) and bumpdrafting F1 cars, not really a touch on real short track racing, which I can understand the appeal of (and enjoyed in my brief stint with iRacing)

When I clicked that link I just KNEW it would be iRacing.
I have to say that since getting iRacing I've grown to love ovals. I would never imagined it could be so exciting.
it can if you know how to drive (unlike me)
Quote from chavm481 :but you need to use the mouse or a wheel cause im usin a keyboard and they did not let me join...

THX~but i'm a G25 yser!
how many wheel degrees should i use in oval?
Quote from mheee :THX~but i'm a G25 yser!
how many wheel degrees should i use in oval?

Whatever you are comfortable with. I use 450 degrees with the FO8, anything under that is too sensitive for me on the oval, and it helps me to make smoother transitions in and out of the turns.
Quote from GianniC :"(FM) Oval Junkies" is the server name

can't find the server!
just host name in lfs!
Quote from mheee :can't find the server!
just host name in lfs!

It's "(FM) OvaL JuNkieS!" (without quotes)

And to those who commented on no "proper" oval races, I admin and organize several oval races. I am the Race Director for the Kyoto 250 and Kyoto 500, as well as one-off FO8 Oval races with Kyoto 500 ruleset every so often. I list details of these in the New Dimension Racing Team subforum here, in our Kyoto 500 subforum. Check there occasionally for when one might be coming up ! Always glad to have clean racers participate...these are like no other, seriously. Three-wide rolling start, pace car periods, and much more, competitive racing included !

d
Quote :That's one of the most stupid things I've heard! I am far better with the keyboard than I am with the mouse. I really can't drive with a mouse due to the many years of keyboard gaming in other games. I do have a wheel now-a-days but it's pretty stupid not to let people join because of the keyboard!

Hmm, i used to think like that. Ive held fastest times done with keyboards on the oval at 36.85 solo. However, being able to drive fast over a single lap isnt why KBs are banned, it is due to the KB not allowing the car to move correctly or fast enough in draft situations, especially with multiple cars around you and it is unfair to the other racers. Often this inability to move fast left&right on the track will cause massive pile ups on packed grids.

Also, mouse and KB have significant Driver Aids built in order to equalize performance with wheels. A host would be entitled to ban them on that basis alone really.

FM have a very busy server most of the time with the best oval racing you will find.
Quote :
I admin and organize several oval races. I am the Race Director for the Kyoto 250 and Kyoto 500, as well as one-off FO8 Oval races with Kyoto 500 ruleset every so often. I list details of these in the New Dimension Racing Team subforum here, in our Kyoto 500 subforum.

Yep, ive done and won some of these events on KB so its possible and NDR always put on a spectacular race. If you want a big buzz from oval racing online get involved and join up. It really is just awesome to drive in those packed events like the 500.

Thanks Dek for those events and effort. Real appreciated.

Best, Maz
Quote from BastianB :there´s are reason no keyboard users are allowed to race on oval junkys..
its nearly impossible to drive oval with keyboard, and anyway if you drive like you post..

i used to driver very good with oval and keyboard.
yeah but maybe you stay on track, but you won´t reach same times as me with wheel cause you can´t take the turns as smooth as me
Quote from dekojester :It's "(FM) OvaL JuNkieS!" (without quotes)

And to those who commented on no "proper" oval races, I admin and organize several oval races. I am the Race Director for the Kyoto 250 and Kyoto 500, as well as one-off FO8 Oval races with Kyoto 500 ruleset every so often. I list details of these in the New Dimension Racing Team subforum here, in our Kyoto 500 subforum. Check there occasionally for when one might be coming up ! Always glad to have clean racers participate...these are like no other, seriously. Three-wide rolling start, pace car periods, and much more, competitive racing included !

d

I think by "proper" oval races, people mean that LFS does not do oval racing properly, not the communities attempts at creating proper oval racing.

Until it is not a "draft and pass" continuously type of driving, LFS falls far short of oval racing. NR2003 is still the king of oval racing if you ignore the moneypit of iRacing (haven't tried iRacing because I'm not rich).

Racing is so scarce outside of demo anymore for the US that I am tossing about the idea of heading back to NR2003. I do believe there are still multiplayer racing on there and I've never done multiplayer with NR2k3. LFS was my first MP experience.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG