The online racing simulator
iTunes 4 LFS
(29 posts, started )
iTunes 4 LFS
This application will allow you to control iTunes from within LFS without having to task switch, it announces the current song along with artist and album information, and gives controls for playing, pausing, stopping, and skipping back/forward through your song collection.

Use Shift-B to make the playing menu appear and disappear.

Installation
  • Download this file: iTunes4lfs
  • Extract the files out of this .zip
(Be sure to maintain the directory structure so that all the .js files are in a folder called 'script').
  • Edit config.txt, it has three lines the first 'localhost' you should not have to touch. The second is your insim port number, and the third is your insim password. If you need help using insim - ask somebody who gives good customer service because I dont .
  • Play
Some Notes
  • You don't have to launch iTunes first, the software can handle that, so you can include this in your startup by default and anytime your playing LFS and decide to have tunes just go for it.
  • The software wont detect if iTunes is already playing when it starts and so play/stop/pause may be out of sync on first load.
  • It will random play from your main libary, I considered adding playlist support but I dont use them myself and just couldn't be bothered.
  • I completely forgot to do volume controls, I may add these at a later date if it annoys me.
API
If you wish to bind music controls to wheel buttons or whatever, you can issue the following commands from your scripts/binds.

/o menu
/o pause
/o play
/o stop
/o next
/o last

I think they're pretty self explanatory except menu so I wont bother documenting them. Menu just shows the player controls.

Stuff
  • Feature Requests wont make any odds
  • Use at your own risk, if your LFS breaks I really dont care
  • Free to use
  • Pick the stuff apart, learn from it, do what you want
  • I did this for me and decided to share the result, not for you!
  • It does not support winAmp, MediaPlayer, RealPlayer or whatever, I use iTunes - it supports iTunes. Period. If I used SoniquePlayer 82 delta 57.2a for Linux then that's what it would support, but I don't, I use iTunes, so it supports iTunes and only iTunes.
  • I don't care what you think of iTunes, I have an iPhone it integrates nicely.
  • I don't care what you think of the iPhone. I like it. It's mine. I'm not changing (if the overpriced, feature barren contract would even let me)
  • No
Enjoy
Or get frustrated, whichever.
Mcgas001 made a simillar program. But because that is becoming old I suppose this will end up better .
That'll teach me not to pay attention to the addons forum wont it.
That looks nice,like the GUI...
You have planned a WMP version?
No.
mcgas does winamp, winmediaplayer and itunes

This is a nice clean interface with the buttons though. Better place for me as i use LFSrelax and it overlaps with LFSWMP
Good for him! I'm not that bothered about client side mods any more as I like to focus on the serverside stuff. I just did this for me because I always have music going and task switching was annoying, hense it only supports the music player I use.

I'm you like the interface though I might add some more to it if I get annoyed by the shortcomings, like volume control and playlists.
I am gonna have a go at it now !
where do you extract to?
wherever you like
k i extracted files to desktop and it dosnt run in lfs?
Nice one.

LOL at the disclaimer.
Quote from apollo1600 :k i extracted files to desktop and it dosnt run in lfs?

Have you ever used an insim application, have you edited the config.txt and setup LFS to output insim? Which part of the instructions havn't you done or got confused with?
eeer i havnt noo...some help
OK the quick guide to insim

edit config.txt to read

localhost

Leave the 3rd (password) line present but blank. Run the program.

Go into LFS and press T to talk, then type

/insim 29999

If you have ever hosted an LFS game and given it a password, put the password on the 3rd line of config.txt.
Quote from Becky Rose :Have you ever used an insim application, have you edited the config.txt and setup LFS to output insim? Which part of the instructions havn't you done or got confused with?

kk i done the /insim 29999 in lfs it says port somthing but do i need to setup LFS to output insim? And if so how would i do that?
I just remembered why I focus on server side stuff now.

Does anyone know if there is a guide somewhere on using insim programs, my search said no. :/

Anyway, typing /insim 29999 in LFS will output insim on port 29999.

Setting up the config.txt on my program to use the same number will make it listen on that port.

The first line of the config file in my program should say "localhost". The second line is 29999. The third line is your insim password, you can check your insim password by going to multiplayer and hosting a game - it uses the "host password" field.

Once they all match run my program, launch LFS and do the /insim 29999 thing, and voila they will talk to each other and you get a text message. Then press shift-b at any time to see the iTunes controls and shift-b again to hide them.
it tells me that it doesnt find LIBMYSQL.dll
what to do?
oh, that's me messing up. It doesnt use SQL but it is part of my compiler for other things, eeek, I needs to fix that sorry. I'll fix it soon.
I've not done it and am going away for the kart meet, so here is the missing .dll - put it in the same folder as iTunes4lfs.exe and it should solve the error. I'll get around to removing the reference to it next week.
Thanks
great app, very useful, thankyou for making it!!
Nice
This is truly great, F@#K WMP! iTunes is the shit! (so to speak) lol
Is there something like this for foobar2k?
Give me the Foobar2k .dll C# file and I will whip something up .

iTunes 4 LFS
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG