The online racing simulator
What about a new helmet ?
(27 posts, started )
Hello folks !

My first (well, second to tell the true) post on the LFS forum since I've registered to that sim in 2005

So here is my suggestion : as you made some refreshing on the cockpits in the last patch (which is really, wonderfully beautiful), would it be possible to get a new and a bit more detailled helmet with a better template ? The present one is a bit angular and not that easy to paint on (for a noob like me :razz.

Another suggestion, which must already have been told to you before, would be to get folders to classify setups To be able to class them by track, but not to get all setups from all tracks on the list, as this gets really confusing when you get more than ten or so

Hopping someone could hear me Thank you for your great work on that marvelous sim

Best regards.
we need a helmet like the stig's simpson helmet. That sort of style. So +1
Banned from many/most series IIRC, highest level driver that I can think of that uses an open face helmet is Mike Jordan (who, let's face it, is a very good chequebook warrior but a chequebook warrior nonetheless).

Except for rally co-drivers of course.
Well I was more to see an Arai-like one, or like those used in V8 Supercars

But of course if we had several choices, that would be soooo much greater Even if just one of it would already be marvelous
#6 - ajp71
Quote from duke_toaster :Banned from many/most series IIRC, highest level driver that I can think of that uses an open face helmet is Mike Jordan (who, let's face it, is a very good chequebook warrior but a chequebook warrior nonetheless).

Nonsense there are FIA approved open face helmets available with HANS posts and there some drivers using them in much higher level competition than BTCC, certainly some in FIA GT. If you don't know don't speak out your arse.
+1.
This is definitely a +1.
One of those things suggested several times, but still needs to be implemented imho. The design of the current one is just fine I think, but the model itself needs an overhaul.
+4
#11 - JJ72
arai all the way.
Would be cool to have custom model helmets. Ofc they got to have some limits regarding size, but to eactually shape it like you want would be cool. Tho someone would make utterly silly helmet, it still don't affect the racing, and it gives it all a more personal feeling.
Quote from ajp71 :Nonsense there are FIA approved open face helmets available with HANS posts and there some drivers using them in much higher level competition than BTCC, certainly some in FIA GT. If you don't know don't speak out your arse.

Oh, yes, I remember that Colin McRae used an open face helmet at the 24h of the Mans when he was still alive. So, +1, would be a great and realistic addition for LFS.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Oh, yes, I remember that Colin McRae used an open face helmet at the 24h of the Mans when he was still alive. So, +1, would be a great and realistic addition for LFS.

It would be quite hard for him to do Le Mans when he wasn't alive

But +1 from me.
Quote from Mullog :Hello folks !
Another suggestion, which must already have been told to you before, would be to get folders to classify setups To be able to class them by track, but not to get all setups from all tracks on the list, as this gets really confusing when you get more than ten or so

Oh noes, I want that so badly since.... I play.
#16 - senn
+1 silly helmets all the way, i suggest an underground mining one with a caplamp hahaha :P

as it affects the aerodynamics in the singleseaters and everyone would just take the helmet that has the best AD.

as it affects weight and balance and everyone...

as...
Quote : There are much more important issues at hand before helmet shape is perfected, really

just kidding

+2 (to make up for the -1 of above)... bring 'em on!

... although, personally, I don't care too much about helmets because it's the visual feature I see least often.
#18 - XmaX
#19 - Migz
I'd like a new helmet but the open face helmet would mean the lfs team would also have to develop a face for the drivers, as i don't think they currently have a face. Or they could do something really cool and just have lines of green code running down where his face should be. Like the matrix
ARAI GP5 baby!
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Why not something like this so?

I saw that and was gonna post it, then I saw the ones I posted..
+1 for a different helmet models.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG