The online racing simulator
you feel sick when you see blood
(60 posts, started )

Poll : well, do you?

no, i dont
yes, i do
Being a diabetic, I'm fairly used to seeing blood by now. It's never bothered me

I did my work experience at a vet's a few months ago, and there was a yearling which had some weird infection or something, where the cartilage from inside his knee became detached, and was floating around in the knee. Being on work experience, I always got the shitty jobs. So I had to get a scissors, plunge it in between the knee and the ligaments, so it came out the other side, and thread through some gauze. I then had to work it from side to side to flush out the cartilage. All orangey brown bits of crap stuck to it...And I felt fine. I also had to clean up afterwards, pretty big mess.

I also saw a foal being birthed. More of an "EWWWW!!!" moment then anything else (Had to clean that up too lol)
#52 - wark
Quote from speed1 :Not sure why a small cut on my finger hurts more that a big, deep gash on my shin, but it does.

Nerve endings, my friend.

Remember that the finger is actually an erogenous zone.
Quote from speed1 :I dont really mind blood, but I dont much like compound fractures (where you can see the bone) or the breaks where you can see the bump the bone is making under the skin.

Good one, I am not fond of seeing bone fractures either, such as in sports mishap videos.

I don't like anything messing with the eyes either. I've seen some nasty videos at the safety meetings at work and was fine with it all until it showed the screw imbedded into an eye. I nearly lost it.

I wore glasses from the time I was 9 (long time ago) until only 4 years ago when I finally got contacts. Thus, nearly my whole life, I've had something in front of my eyes. Still after 4 years, it feels weird not to have something covering my eyes. Simple things as walking in the woods, or mowing the lawn underneath the many low hanging trees in our yard gets me squeamish. I can just imagine a tree branch snapping back and hitting me in the eye.
Quote from Forbin :I ran over a baby rabbit with the lawn mower.

if theres anything that will make you go to hell this is it
What, you think it was on purpose?

It's not something I'll soon forget, that's for sure. That thing haunts me constantly.
#56 - th84
Quote from zeugnimod :That sounds like an interesting friendship.

They've been trying for years to beat the stupid out of each other with no luck. Keep at it RM, you'll get there eventually.

Lawn mowers are great! I've ran over at least a dozen snakes with mine.... I chuckle every time.

Blood is OK as long as it doesn't involve a needle.
Quote from Forbin :What, you think it was on purpose?

nope but still... youre a baby bunny killer
you probably roam the streets at night looking for prey
#58 - wark
Quote from Shotglass :nope but still... youre a baby bunny killer
you probably roam the streets at night looking for prey

I've actually done that (roamed the streets at night looking for baby bunnies to kill) successfully. The people you interact with on international forums...

I have pictures of the aftermath, but I'd get banned for posting them.
I get sick if I see other peoples blood in large amounts like they are coughing it up or a vein has been punctured at its spraying. I can take my own cause well it doesnt bother me.

But I'm a person that doesnt like to see other peoples blood :P (Altho I'm joining the Airforce) So I might have to get used to it.
#60 - wark
Quote from V3NOMOUS :(Altho I'm joining the Airforce) So I might have to get used to it.

Airforce? Only if your plane gets shot down during a war (who wants to hurt Australia?) and you are forced to use your sidearm from the parachute—but then it's probably still going to be your blood, anyway! I don't think you have anything to worry about. :nol2:

you feel sick when you see blood
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG