The online racing simulator

Poll : Who has been 2008s most impressive driver?

Kubica
Hamilton
Vettel
Webber
Kimi
Alonso
Nakajima
Massa
Trulli
Piquet
Fisichella
Sutil
Heidfeld
Glock
Bourdais
Barrichello
Heikki
Coulthard
Rosberg
Button
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Alonso, because he is in a much slower car and dominating in comparison to his team mate, if you ignore the last couple of races where he had bad luck. I just love it when they cut to footage of him, he is constantly on the limit.

Webber has been far from flawless, anytime he gets into a potentially great position he throws it away. Story of his career really, makes all the wrong moves.

Usually other people hit him away.
#28 - col
Coulthard!
For the honesty and entertainment factor of his interviews.

Hamilton for on track.
He had a bad start to the season, and sometimes it seems like most of the world is against him, yet he has not buckled under the pressure, he's focused himself and produced some dominant performances recently.

Alonso close second - he is an animal - if you compared boxers to F1 drivers, Alonso would be Tyson
Hamilton for some absolutely great drives - Monaco (OK, the tyre failiure was a bit fortunate but it was a smaller mistake than many others) and Silverstone really stand out for me.

Honourable mentions go to : Kubica is outperforming the BMW - I can see BMW improving to be a very good package.

Webber has made a few good drives but we can't compare him that easily to Crashard. Vettel is doing well and would be a similar level to Kubica if he was in a BMW (like he made his debut in) - I expect big things from him in 2010/2011.

Alonso has had one or two flashes of brilliance but twice as many flashes of stupidity - I can't believe that he got away with that stupid lunge-cum-ram down the inside of Heidfeld that he knew that wouldn't happen down the inside of Lowes.

Overall, Hamilton gets it.
Alonso. I am not a fan of his, however I have a huge amount of respect for him now that he has gone to a team with a slower car and is still showing a lot of fighting spirit. He is not just laying down and dying. Impressing me a lot

my £0.2
I'd have to pick Alonso. Even though he's a complete arsehole, he's been putting in some very solid performances in what is one of the worst cars on the grid. He's definitely proven so far that it simply wasn't Renault who had an unbeatable car (05 & 06) but that Alonso is a phenomenal driver.
Quote from Leprekaun :I'd have to pick Alonso. Even though he's a complete arsehole

Where has he been an arsehole this season?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, agreed.

Apart from spinning out of a decent position in the first lap at Silverstone...
#35 - JCTK
Quote from zeugnimod :Where has he been an arsehole this season?

an arsehole doesn't only mean doing anything stupid on the track of cos...

anyway, to me, absoblutely no one stood out as particularly special. Everyone has had a crap moment at one point or another, so no vote from me...
#36 - ssm
I only caught the match in Silverston a month back, when it was heavily raining. I loved the rain racing, it's exciting watching those drivers understeer then oversteer, only having the throttle cutoff traction control keeping them in line.
Has to be Webber for me, put in some great performances so far this season. I just hope this guy gets a shot at the title before he retires from f1 as he's a hidden gem at Red Bull
Quote from ssm :only having the throttle cutoff traction control keeping them in line.

TC i banned from this season and on
Quote from Gills4life :my £0.2

You're giving us too much!

On topic: voted for Kubica, but Vettel, Alonso and Heidfeld belong there as well.
Id have to say its Nakajima his shown the most improvment to me running up their all the time.
Though Webber is definitly up there
Voted for Hamilton, purely based on his Silverstone performance.

I attended the race, and was sitting in the Farm enclosure overlooking Abbey in the pishing rain. I can tell you now, at mid-race, only two people were actually in control of their cars in the standing rain, and that was Lewis Hamilton and Rubens Barrichello. The youngster, and the master \o/
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Apart from spinning out of a decent position in the first lap at Silverstone...

Due to ECU problems. They have a soft gear selection option for the rain so that the throttle is eased in when they shift up. thats why webber basically spun in a straight line.
Quote from BenjiMC :Due to ECU problems. They have a soft gear selection option for the rain so that the throttle is eased in when they shift up. thats why webber basically spun in a straight line.

=_= These F1 cars have too much technology. They can't even race properly anymore. Everytime someone messes up it's a problem with some technology. Pfft.
Quote from JCTK :an arsehole doesn't only mean doing anything stupid on the track of cos...

I know that.

My question still stands: Where and when has Alonso been an arsehole this season?
Quote from evilpimp :=_= These F1 cars have too much technology. They can't even race properly anymore. Everytime someone messes up it's a problem with some technology. Pfft.

This is just what the drivers tell everyone, to keep them in jobs. I don't believe that the technology fails as often as some people make out
Quote from zeugnimod :I know that.

My question still stands: Where and when has Alonso been an arsehole this season?

I meant that in a general manner, not just this season.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Schumacher

Retirement was the best decision he made in F1.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Nakajima, probably. Currently equal on points with Rosberg.

Yep, agreed fully. I thought he would be pants, but he's doing an awesome job in that bugger of a car, especially with the high-rated Rosberg as his team-mate.

Both Trulli and Webber are where they should be in relation to their car's performance, IMHO. But they have been impressive, just not VERY impressive.

Hamilton is where he should be also, as is Massa and Kimi. Kovi has been a bit disappointing so far, but he's showing signs of finding traction (pardon the pun).

Vettel has been incredible in a few races. Very unlucky fellow due to other people hitting him, but he's putting that STR where it simply does not belong - in both qualifying and in races. Same with Alonso, but he's a two-time WDC. Vettel is almost a rookie.

Piquet has been surprisingly good in some odd races, like Montreal and obviously at Hockenheim.

Outstanding performance from both BMW drivers. Kubica with his near-100% drives, and Heidfeld for his consistency and beautiful overtakes.

So for me:
1. Nakajima
2. Vettel
3. Kubica
4. Heidfeld
5. Webber (patriotism at play)
Expect Kimi and Felipe (NOT Heikki, as I had originally written ) to be more impressive in the second half of the season thanks to the introduction of the shark fin on the f2008.

Heikki drives a Mclaren

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG