The online racing simulator

Poll : Who has been 2008s most impressive driver?

Kubica
Hamilton
Vettel
Webber
Kimi
Alonso
Nakajima
Massa
Trulli
Piquet
Fisichella
Sutil
Heidfeld
Glock
Bourdais
Barrichello
Heikki
Coulthard
Rosberg
Button
F1 Mid season poll: Who has impressed you the most the season?
For me It would be Vettel.

My top 5 would be:
1.Vettel
2.Kubica
3.Hamilton
4.Webber
5.Massa
I have to say that Vettel wasn't really good at the beginning of the season, when I expected him to be better.

Hamilton hasn't impressed me tbh.
Neither did Massa.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I have to say that Vettel wasn't really good at the beginning of the season, when I expected him to be better.

Hamilton hasn't impressed me tbh.
Neither did Massa.

Vettel was very unlucky in the first half of the season with being hit out on or retiring due to relaiblity for i think 4 races in a row, ever since the STR3 came out though He has been driving well above his weight.

If Hamilton hasn't impressed then idk who has imo.

Massa in terms of everyone else has been good but compared to last year hes actually giving Kimi a real hard time and not just getting points from Kimis relaiability curse.
Quote from Mustafur :If Hamilton hasn't impressed then idk who has imo.

Agreed.

Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel for me. But if I had to choose one it's Vettel: kicking Bourdais' ass hard, and even makes it hard for the two RBR drivers (Coulthard who?). Born winner!
Nakajima, probably. Currently equal on points with Rosberg. From his appearance in Brazil last year I didn't expect him to get anywhere near.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Nakajima, probably. Currently equal on points with Rosberg. From his appearance in Brazil last year I didn't expect him to get anywhere near.

Out qualified him on a few occasions too.
#7 - HVS5b
Trulli for me. He has done some excellent things this season

Honourable mentions to Vettel and Kubica, although they have not had the same consistancy of (relative) performance for me.

Coulthard <shakes head and wanders off aimlessly into the setting sun>
no one to be honest.
if i HAVE to pick one, Rubens.
Nobody has really stood out for me, but Webber, Trulli and Alonso have destroyed their teammates, and Massa has been surprisingly consistent. Vettel has showed flashes of brilliance but hasn't been that consistent, Kubica has been great but I suspect that's more down to the car being fixed to suit him better this season.

Hmm, I'll give my vote to Webber, mainly because i like the chap
A stand out driver is someone performing beyond what is capable of, therefore I would'nt put Hamiltion in the top 3, his performances last year should tell us that he was always going to be up front and driving like this anyway. Kubica has performed better than I hoped for and he's won me a fair few bob in bets with mates, while Vettel and Nakajima deserve mentions as well.

But if you were to do most unimpresive driver then it's a tie between Coulthard and Kimi, Couthalrd due to crashs at start of season and Kimi becuase he seems to have lost intrest in F1. I think a seat at Ferarri will be avalible at end of season.
That would be Trulli for me, the "best of the rest" right behind Heikki. Finishing top8 in 6 out of 10 races and showing a good race consistence, something that was always critical on him. And I'd put Webber right behind him with the same reasons.

I don't think Kubica is a surprise really, I always thought he would fight for the title with a decent car.

Also I think Fisichella was surprisingly good at the first races, but recently he's only going down.
It's all relative. Is the McLaren good and Heikki not so good? Is the McLaren not so good and Lewis really good? I think it's the former not the latter, but the same goes for every team mate comparison. Glock's rubbish, or Trulli's doing really well. If Glock were doing better, Trulli's performance wouldn't stand out at all really.

I think when all is said and done, I'll have to go with Sato. He's never had such an incident-free season, very impressive.
Quote from sinbad :
I think when all has said and done, I'll have to go with Sato. He's never had such an incident-free season, very impressive.

Quote from Mustafur :If Hamilton hasn't impressed then idk who has imo.

To impress means to do (much) better than expected before the season, doesn't it? Hamilton had 3 very good races and 2 bad races where he did stupid mistakes. The rest was average. Not really better than expected compared to last season, IMO. In the first half of the last season, he was VERY impressive. This season, not so much.

If anyone has impressed me this season, it has to be Kubica. Who would have thought that he would be leading the championship with the BMW at one point during the season? He did, and he still is only 10 points behind in the championship. That is impressive.

Honorable mentions to Webber and Vettel.
Hamilton, Massa and Heidfield impressed me.

Hamilton for his crazy speed when it's wet, Massa for his crazy speed when it's dry and Heidfield for his crazy overtakes at Silverstone.
Schumacher
Quote from evilpimp :...and Heidfield for his crazy overtakes at Silverstone.

You really liked that didn't you
Quote from de Souza :You really liked that didn't you

Oh yeah man.

Specially that I pulled off his moves twice in volvolandia LX after. !
Ohhh, I miss Sato from the list Kubica BTW...
Between Kubica Webber and Alonso.

Kubica: First win for BMW and very good at the season start with a good points haul, but lately Heidfield has shown him up

Webber: Flawless imo.

Alonso: Brilliant fighting spirit, outperforms his car, but too inconsistent.

So i chose Webber. Everyone else is either not performing at all, or not done anything i wouldn't expect.
Alonso, because he is in a much slower car and dominating in comparison to his team mate, if you ignore the last couple of races where he had bad luck. I just love it when they cut to footage of him, he is constantly on the limit.

Webber has been far from flawless, anytime he gets into a potentially great position he throws it away. Story of his career really, makes all the wrong moves.
Alonso's driving is amazing. His speed however isn't there mainly because of the car. Alonso in a Mclaren or ferrari would be the winner for sure. His defensive driving is incredible!
I'm most impressed with Piruet: How can one suck so darn much
Yeh Renaults problem is that they designed their engine to work well with traction control, which means its actually much slower than the other teams engines. Red Bull have the same problem, if they had a better engine then Renault and Red Bull would probably be beating BMW. The problem is so bad that the Torro Rosso is actually faster down the straights than the Red Bull cars.
Kimi of course.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG