The online racing simulator
#1 - Dac
Would anybody be interested in making an LFS newsletter?
I think a regular newsletter sent out every month to subscribers in pdf format detailing that months LFS racing events would be a great addition to the community.

At the moment we don't have anything like this, the LFS news site just doesn't have the same appeal lets be honest. the most recent 'top news' article is over 2 months old and it doesn't flow/read like a newspaper does.

i propose something new. heres what i think it should have;
  • coverage of the main league races for the current month. like they would do over the radio with a football match. it would be a great way to summarize a 40 odd lap replay (which people may not be able to find or have the patients/time to watch) into a single section where people could get a feel for the action and hear about any exceptional displays of driver skill which tend to go unnoticed.
  • interviews with the winners of league events like they would do with F1 and WRC drivers and the likes - im sure the drivers would be more than willing to participate in the follow up from their victories.
  • updates on team politics, driver changes, strategies for upcoming events that sort of thing. this would be at the teams discretion ofcourse and im sure people would be interested in hearing about what they have to say.
and what i think it should not have;
  • pictures of new skins.
  • lists of modifications to LFS.
  • details of current and future patches......
......you get the idea. this is a current and regular pure LFS racing and LFS racing related newsletter - i.e. not a flashy website you have to keep checking for updates!

i think something like this would stimulate interest in league events, make winning and competing more prestigious and make people more aware of whats going on in the LFS racing scene.

id like to see members of the community volunteer their time and expertise in certain areas to contribute to this. perhaps some budding sports journalists or interviewers would enjoy contributing their effort and talents?

this is just a working idea and something i wouldn't mind being a part of. if anybody has any constructive criticism(s) or would like to be involved id appreciate the replys.

thanks,
Great idea, i would be interested!
+1
Id be interested.
#5 - Byku
Awesome idea... but "and future patches......" would be difficult
Quote from Byku :Awesome idea... but "and future patches......" would be difficult

Patch speculations?
Of course, yes.
I would be more than happy to write up reports from saved replays....also I could help with interviews if/when needed.

May as well, I'm to slow to race them
I'd been tossing around a similar idea with a few of my LFS friends. Would be glad to see the idea fly, no matter who's doing it.
#10 - Dac
Quote from Byku :Awesome idea... but "and future patches......" would be difficult

nope. i believe there is enough coverage of patches already. i dont want any of the machine-type restraints to come in the way of this. its purely for the racing
#11 - Dac
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I would be more than happy to write up reports from saved replays....also I could help with interviews if/when needed.

May as well, I'm to slow to race them

excellent. thank you

im going to let this thread run for a little while longer before i start writing names down for 'the team'
I'd be interested in receiving this newsletter.
Nice idea, need help in graphical things? I have 7years of experience in adobe photoshops
Nice idea
Sounds very good.
I'm definitely interested in reading one. I'd love to write for it too, but I just don't have the time these days.
#17 - Dac
ok, i think ive got about as many replys as im going to get.

could only those who are interested in contributing their efforts PM me your names and what aspect youd like to help. theres going to be many things that need doing here and even somebody who knows more than i do about the league races would be useful.

id like to conduct the working aspects of this away from the public forum, by MSN or email would be preferable.

theres no way this could get off the ground without your help so thanks again ,
don't we already get some kind of newsletter?
Yeah, sounds good.
If it were me i'd include a light hearted section to it. Something like a bit of LFS gossip from the forum. Or maybe a few lines on the current state of play in the V1 championship. A progress report on some of our real world racers i.e Norbi and Tristan etc. Maybe even a regular column from one of the forum wits or perhaps even a "thought for the month" by Lerts

Bets of luck with it anyway
Id like it.
Sorry, i have never been a good writer or so, so i cant help you, but Id really like to recieve it.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :don't we already get some kind of newsletter?

We do but only when the new patches come out.
#23 - Dac
Quote from Mazz4200 :If it were me i'd include a light hearted section to it. Something like a bit of LFS gossip from the forum. Or maybe a few lines on the current state of play in the V1 championship. A progress report on some of our real world racers i.e Norbi and Tristan etc. Maybe even a regular column from one of the forum wits or perhaps even a "thought for the month" by Lerts

Bets of luck with it anyway

thats definitely an idea. my main goal at least to begin with is to get good coverage of the league races as a starting point. i dont want to use the shotgun approach and start filling it with everything which then puts readers off. the core of this newsletter is the league races so i need to get that 100% if this is going to get anywhere.
+1

Quote from Mazz4200 :...Something like a bit of LFS gossip from the forum...

That was also my first thought when I read about the newsletter idea.

People who are 'crawling' the forums a lot anyway could point out some threads/post that are worth reading for others as well.
+2 from me

too bad im not _that_ good with the things you need people to do...like wrinting summary from replays etc...and prob. some photoshop things..

i would LOVE to recieve it tho

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG