The online racing simulator
2008 Laguna Seca MotoGP
(74 posts, started )
2008 Laguna Seca MotoGP
Sweet Jesus, anyone watching this? Battles everywhere already
Quote from spookthehamster :Sweet Jesus, anyone watching this? Battles everywhere already

Stoner V Rossi fantastic. Also big for the commentators, genuine entertainment from the two of them.
Incredible race, best in MotoGP. Just a shame Stoner did fall down, who knows if Rossi would win then.
Just wow. That was the best battle I've seen for years in MotoGP. Just a shame Stoner made the mistake.
#6 - ajp71
Fantastic race, so much better than the F1
I wish I was watching EuroSport instead of the TERRIBLE BBC coverage!
Damn bloody chuffin power cut, only saw the first half of the race then half the city went down. When the power came back on they were all standing on the podium, and i got a bit distracted by the podium girls errr who won again ?

Will have to wait till it's on BBCi to see the whole race. But the first 15 laps or so looked fantastic, a real classic. Although another nasty highside from gorgeous George.
BBC coverage was great, the commentators are hilarious. It definately was not a knitting competition out there, sour grapes from Stoner but at least he shook Rossi's hand on the podium. This is what makes MotoGP so great, the things those guys did were actually impossible, they broke laws of physics, gravity and awesomeness in every turn. I rekon they crammed more excitement into that one battle than the last 50 years of F1 has ever produced. But its a shame Stoner dropped it, I think the red mist was down, you could tell he was really pissed off by the way he was riding. I said to my dad that he was going to drop the bike if he didn't calm down, and he did.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :BBC coverage was great, the commentators are hilarious. It definately was not a knitting competition out there, sour grapes from Stoner but at least he shook Rossi's hand on the podium. This is what makes MotoGP so great, the things those guys did were actually impossible, they broke laws of physics, gravity and awesomeness in every turn. I rekon they crammed more excitement into that one battle than the last 50 years of F1 has ever produced. But its a shame Stoner dropped it, I think the red mist was down, you could tell he was really pissed off by the way he was riding. I said to my dad that he was going to drop the bike if he didn't calm down, and he did.

??? Are you serious. Have you never seen the eurosport team. BBC is some weedy guy in the pits while 2 old men chat about their rentacars!
Well Eurosport have worse advert placements than ITV, just as a good battle starts they randomly cut to an advert, while a commentator is in the middle of his sentence. The commentators on Eurosport are fantastic, but not good enough for me to put up with the crappy adverts for watches and wind...I mean Suzuki. That weedy guy in the pits is just for this round, its usually the lovely leather clad Suzi Perry.
Suzi is getting very ropey now. Wasn't even at Laguna. Yh the Eurosport ads are annoying but u can always flick to BBC while the ads are on. Once you do this u can see how miserable the BBC coverage is
back on topic

Rossi lol about .5 slower and keeping it in the lead... that's PROPA racing
top race until stoners mistake
more of that please chaps but make it last to the end
Awesome race... Talented racers, without aero issues or crap passing (e.g. BTCC). If they got rid of traction control it'd be brilliant again. Watching it almost made up for missing the F1 live, and half the highlights because my Toppy decided to play up today
i must say i'm not impressed with casey's post race interview
its hard to believe casey started road racing in the UK
Stoner doesn't do himself any favours with the comments he keeps making, he just comes across as a sore loser and a whiney kid, even though I'm sure he is a nice guy away from the track, he must be to pull a hotty like his wife!
I think the fact he is such a sore loser is why he wins so much. He dominates EVERY session when he can. Today he had the better bike too, i think that was why he felt bad about it. I didn't watch the Press Conference but i could see disappointment in himself.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69369

Stoner has bitched even more now, apparently his crash was Rossi's fault because he broke a bit earlier. I like to point Rossi made that the only time they touched was when Stoner tried to overtake him and bashed into him.
i could have been there
Brilliant bit of MotoGP action, like races of old, this is the sort of racing that the 800cc class should have introduced when they came about last year.

I did wonder if Rossi brake checked last night while watching it, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

Gonna be a good race to the championship now, the rivalry between the two will start hotting up now, and I am SOOOOOO looking forward to seeing Stoner racing when I go to Phillip Island!!!.

As for the TV coverage, I flicked over to the BBC when the ad's were on Eurosport, and man, I am so sad that the BBC have exclusive rights, the commentators are terrible.
I missed the race last year but I'm glad that I made it this year. It was good fun and the weather was very nice compared to past years. Laguna Seca's one of the best tracks for the spectators, period.

Stoner's a crybaby. He needs to shut up and grow up. His excuses are getting old. When he loses it's always something- never him. Honestly, I think the sport would be better off without him and his constant whining.

Oh and stop complaining about poor coverage on the BBC. America is #1 when it comes to poor race commentary
It's worth complaining about the commentary team when the coverage is moving from a VERY good commentary team to a really crappy one.
Has to be said though. MotoGP is NOTHING without Rossi.... He makes it exciting. ... he's done it all his career. B4 Rossi we had the Doohan era ZZZzzz... even though the 500cc bikes were mintatsic
MotoGP is bigger than one single rider, plenty of good battles throughout the pack.

2008 Laguna Seca MotoGP
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG