The online racing simulator
2008 Laguna Seca MotoGP
(74 posts, started )
Quote from Intrepid :Suzi is getting very ropey now

Sir I demand you take that comment back about my future wife.......

.......as soon as she lifts the restaining order that is.
I thought the commentary was fantastic. I felt like I was at the circuit. And there little comedy jibes just add to it. Both know there stuff, and are a pleasure to listen to.
Quote from tristancliffe :I thought the commentary was fantastic. I felt like I was at the circuit. And there little comedy jibes just add to it. Both know there stuff, and are a pleasure to listen to.

The BBC is like being in some oldmens club! Every race they mention rentacars and have these stupid one liners that are as awkward as a math teacher bringing out his guitar mid lesson (liong story!!!)

EuroSport has Randy in the pits with constant feedback from the teams, and you acn tell the teams have respect for him uinlike the dweeb the BBC has. And the two commentators have GENUINE knowledge and PASSION for bike racing. Cox and co just seem happy to turn up and collect their pay cheque.

Its worthy of a note that the guys on the BBC that commentate on the 125cc/250cc races are FAR superior to COx and Parrish as well. Watching MotoGP on the BBC is like watching F1 with TWO JAmes Allens lol its scary!

Mackie I aint taking that back. She's developed bingo wings man. She's GONE!!!! Need fresh blookd me thinks....
God exists, and he rides a Yamaha :bowdown:

____________4646464646________4646464646464646__
__________464646464646______46464646464646464646
________46464646464646______464646______46464646
______464646__46464646______464646______________
____464646____46464646______464646464646464646__
__464646______46464646______46464646464646464646
464646________46464646______46464646464646464646
46464646464646464646464646__464646______46464646
______________46464646______46464646464646464646
______________46464646_______4646464646464646
Quote from Intrepid :
Mackie I aint taking that back. She's developed bingo wings man. She's GONE!!!! Need fresh blookd me thinks....

*Loads more guns than Rambo and sets of to hunt Intrepid down*
I used to be a Suzi fan but come on man, she has lost it. Admit it! She doesn't seem interested, and she's lost that 'spice' she used to have.
Quote from Intrepid :I used to be a Suzi fan but come on man, she has lost it. Admit it! She doesn't seem interested, and she's lost that 'spice' she used to have.

Have you seen the gadget show on five? I only saw because she was testing a "Electronic Horse Simulator Machine" and it lead to some nice bouncing shots......if you know what I mean.

There is still that little twinkle in her eye, that little look that if you play you're cards right boy's then prepare for one hell of a ride...

....She'll prob just take you out on her bike, but still
The twinkle is gone, stop diluding yourself man! lol

problem is on the horse the wrong bits were bouncing if you know what I mean
Great race just a shame stoner had to spit his dummy out, He's a good rider but needs to understand that Rossi does'nt have the luxury of being able to wait till the start finish straight and blast past him like he's riding a 250. Lets see stoner pass in the turns then maybe he will earn some respect.
While looking for a better video of it I found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4vKQUvYBXI

...the commentators reaction to George's crash is hilarious!

I will record the Eurosport highlights tomorrow and upload highlights of the race for everyone, then we will have some nice english commentary and better quality. Just hope my capture stuff works.
Quote from andybarsblade :Great race just a shame stoner had to spit his dummy out, He's a good rider but needs to understand that Rossi does'nt have the luxury of being able to wait till the start finish straight and blast past him like he's riding a 250. Lets see stoner pass in the turns then maybe he will earn some respect.

Yeah, I like Stoner but it does annoy me how he never will even come close to admitting that his Ducati is STILL much quicker in a straight line. He'll even complain that the Yamaha is too quick in the corners when he gets beaten.

Edge of the seat stuff till Stoner dropped it. At the time I was sort of glad because I wanted Rossi to win and I had a feeling Stoner would. Rossi did well whilst in the lead but looked desperate whenever Stoner got in front. It may well have ended in tears, but I thought Stoner would have nicked it.
Damn, missed it.
Anyone has a Highlit clip of it?
There are some on youtube, not very good ones, but its on Eurosport at 10pm later today, so I am hopefully going to get a copy of it and upload it for everyone.
Quote from andybarsblade :Great race just a shame stoner had to spit his dummy out, He's a good rider but needs to understand that Rossi does'nt have the luxury of being able to wait till the start finish straight and blast past him like he's riding a 250. Lets see stoner pass in the turns then maybe he will earn some respect.

Theres other guys punting Dukes around and going nowhere, i think the guy deserves a little credit for steering the thing. If the circuits were ovals then yes i would agree its purely a power thing but its bullshit to believe that especially on circuits like Leguna Seca.

He was battling the (i beleive ) best GP bike rider on the planet lap after lap, that does not happen by straight line speed alone.

He does need to learn how to loose graciously as it happens to the best,but maybe that only comes with age.
Quote from richo :Theres other guys punting Dukes around and going nowhere, i think the guy deserves a little credit for steering the thing. If the circuits were ovals then yes i would agree its purely a power thing but its bullshit to believe that especially on circuits like Leguna Seca.

He was battling the (i beleive ) best GP bike rider on the planet lap after lap, that does not happen by straight line speed alone.

He does need to learn how to loose graciously as it happens to the best,but maybe that only comes with age.

Im not saying he cant ride he clearly can, but why does he only overtake on the straights its just so lame It makes me wonder if his bike was only as quick as rossi's would he of passed him even once?

imo .... no

And i hope for his sake he learns how to loose graciously otherwise we could see Rossi getting under Casey's skin Sete style
Stoner is an exceptional talent, but without that monster engine he wouldn't be where he is. but that's fine, thats racing. the lean angles he gets are amazing.
I think now Yamaha have the pnuemo valve motors the difference isnt as great as it was in 07,hate to sound like a fanboi ( i am a fan but Rossi is my fave) he rode some pretty ordinary bikes in 125/250 and punched well above his weight .

He is not the uber naturally gifted rider that Rossi is for sure but he can point a bike through the twisty bits as good as any body out there today.
Finally got to see the full race on iPlayer, and it was as good as i thought. Best race for years tbh.

I'm not a fan of Stoners by any stretch of the imagination, for the same reason as many have already mentioned, he is a whiney little git ain't he. But i have to admit, for such a puny little fella, he must have balls the size of Ayers Rock.

There was a moment in the race were they had the telemetry from both Stoner and Rossi's throttle and brake inputs. Rossi's inputs were much smoother and progressive. But Stoner seems to use the throttle and brake like an on/off switche. Guess he just lets the TC sort out the mess. But to be able to hang on to it at those speeds when it's kicking and bucking like a wild donkey with a red hot poker up its arse takes some guts.
Stoner dropped the bike in nearly every race before the 800s came in and the traction control was more intrusive. So I think the Ducati relies a lot on the electronics, and only responds to riders that have that kind of digital style of riding that Stoner has to get them working.

You know what Stoner is pissed about, he is angry that people dismiss his championship as the best bike winning, not the best rider. I think he is also annoyed that Rossi is popular no matter what he does, Stoner can finish 1st by 10 minutes, but Rossi would get a bigger cheer for finishing 10th after falling off in lap 1. Rossi had the same problem, everyone said he was winning because of his bike, so he joined the worst team on the grid and turned it around, winning straight away the next season, somehow I doubt Stoner will do that.
With out getting too far into it, the Duke was a pig for along time and nobody could ride the thing, yes fast as all buggery in a straight line but it went round corners like the QE2 . And its pretty much the same thing now nobody apart from Casey can ride the thing.

I will be very interested to see how Sete goes on it, I hope he does well but there have been some good riders on it and go nowhere. Troy Bayliss comes to mind as of course Melandri who is a bloody good peddler. Is my memory fading or didnt max Biaggi have a ride too?

I would be pissed being told it was the bike that did all the business when clearly its the match of man and machine that won the title.
Quote from richo :With out getting too far into it, the Duke IS a pig for along time and nobody could ride the thing, yes fast as all buggery in a straight line but it went round corners like the QE2 . And its pretty much the same thing now nobody apart from Casey can ride the thing.

Still is a pig, but Stoner can ride round it.

I said exactly the same last year when people were bleating on that the main reason Stoner was winning, was the bike, it's a crock of course, because where the hell is every other duke?.

Will be interesting to see how Hayden gets on with the Duke if he goes to them next year, however, seeing Sete Gibernau on a factory duke in a MotoGP race is a very exciting prospect.

As for Stoner spitting the dummy, he's a racer, that's what they do
Stoner seems to be the equlivent of Alonso in motoGP, but he does have skill, hes riding style suits perfectly to the Ducati.
Watched the race last night after recording it.

I'm fairly new to watching the Moto GP, this is only about the third season I've paid attention, but......

That was quite the best bit of bike racing I think I've ever seen

Rossi was evil on the brakes and Stoners grunt out of T11 was scary enough to watch sitting on the sofa!

Was really disappointed in Stoners reaction in the post race interview tho, he should have been honoured to have taken part in such a masterpiece

Ok there was that one incident at the corkscrew where it got a bit messy, the rest was poetry in motion.

Come on Vali, kick Caseys whining butt all the way to the end of the season

2008 Laguna Seca MotoGP
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG