The online racing simulator
someone stole my FZ skin, what can i do?
he's nammed tarcal87 (urnoobz in the game if i remember) i try to tell him that the skin was private but he didn't pay any attention, so i ask some help...thx

edit: ok sorry for that post, the guy accept to take it off...after long discussion he understood....thx the lord lol
Quote from Spinaker :he's nammed tarcal87 (urnoobz in the game if i remember) i try to tell him that the skin was private but he didn't pay any attention, so i ask some help...thx

Ask him nicely to remove it. If not, too bad, imo, if you uploaded to LFSWorld.

I dont get this whole 'private skin' thing. We're a small community, theres no need to keep things private with eachother. To each their own, i suppose. Anywho, delete from lfsworld and he probably wont re-upload and will forget all about it. As long as he isnt taking credit for it, i dont see the point.
Re edit your skin - and add in some place your user name , i dont se another way to keep the Copy right
#4 - dadge
make a crap skin and name it the same as your drift skin. upload that and delete your drift skin. then when ever he joins the server and uses your skin, everyone else will see the crap skin
Quote from dadge :make a crap skin and name it the same as your drift skin. upload that and delete your drift skin. then when ever he joins the server and uses your skin, everyone else will see the crap skin

Does that really work? I've been wondering every time I see it suggested.

Doesn't LFS compare the dates of the files? Thus, the skin he is using (the skin stealer) would be an earlier date and it would tell him his skin is not uploaded. People wouldn't see it online, they would just see the error "skin not downloaded" in the chat.
Quote from mrodgers :Does that really work? I've been wondering every time I see it suggested.

Doesn't LFS compare the dates of the files? Thus, the skin he is using (the skin stealer) would be an earlier date and it would tell him his skin is not uploaded. People wouldn't see it online, they would just see the error "skin not downloaded" in the chat.

Just ask Jakg . he's got a screenie somewhere.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :Does that really work? I've been wondering every time I see it suggested.

No, for everyone else on the server it checks if they have "FZ5_1337skin" and if they do it checks the date to see if they have the newest version - if not it updates them to latest version.

Skins in Skins (i.e. not Skins_whatever) are never over-written by LFS so the skin stealer never knows
Ah so would you be able to name a very popular skin the same and do some "stuff" to it? Or would you have to remove it from lfsw first, which you cant do unless your the creator/original uploader
#9 - Jakg
No, I don't think so.

The "Jakg method" is this...
Quote from Jakg :No, I don't think so.

The "Jakg method" is this...

that is going to be soo useful if someone steals my skins
Quote from dadge :make a crap skin and name it the same as your drift skin. upload that and delete your drift skin. then when ever he joins the server and uses your skin, everyone else will see the crap skin

Haha yeh good idea.

Upload the fake skin with 'I am a knock off nigal and I nick peoples skins' :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG