The online racing simulator
how fast is pedals plus mouse?
(35 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
im currently on vaction and my table doesnt allow to use the wheel

i tried mouse and pedals and noticed i came out of corners really fast and if i manage to keep the line ill be faster than with the wheel

do you think youd make faster with mouse and pedals than with wheels and pedals?

well maybe its the future, wasnt the craft in roswell be controlled by the fingertips?

shame its dificult in a real car for the g forces
Interesting idea... but on a scale of 1-10, I'd say it looks bloody stupid
How fast? About 400 jeeble-blops.

Mouse can be easier to control because you don't need to fight against FFB. You just move the mouse and hold it in position.
#4 - RiGun
you can always turn off your FFB, but who would want to do that?
its as fast as possible.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
The advantage of mouse is it takes |___| this long to go lock-to-lock but its unprecise and it makes you look cheap.
posting in other lerts thread.

i used the mouse for a couple of years of modestly successful league racing, but the digital pedals finally got to me

so i built pedals to cover the three buttons i was using for go, stop and clutch:

they are faster than vtec y0!

actually the main advantage is much more adaptable input, so i dont tend to overheat my tyres anywhere near as badly, which is going to make a much bigger difference in racing than in qualifying.
Hey I_MAXIBON, im very itenterested in the way you did it... i mean, 1-did you used an old joystick? 2-if not, did you do the programing? 3- if yes, what one? im interested in doing something like this, thanks!

Sorry that was kinda OT but curiosity is eating me alive.
no worries my international mate, thanks for your interest! i bought a special box from Leo Bodnar [hes on the RSC forums a lot]:

http://leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/

in england, and when it got here i built the 'pedals' to pivot on the potentiometers - they're linear [B] 250k ohms types. the pots wire to a serial plug, and everything else plugs together using a USB printer cable.

NO programming or drivers required.

i just worked it out as i went along, accuracy is very good considering the <10 degree travel. stops / return springs are a matter of experimentation though.

its not that offtopic i dont reckon so ask me any questions you might have and i can take more pictures if you want
Thanks alot mate! I´m going to take a look at this.
mhmm buy a new Table, save the fun
That "finger pedal set" looks hilarious, you could make a fortune by selling that in shops ( just cover it in plastic and make sure it has written "101 % ergonomic" all over it )
... i'd buy one :b
pff, I lost money nowz. I made that idea up like last yr when i was mousing, but i am too electrically dumb to make one. I got a wheel anyway and imo a wheel will always be faster or at least easier anyway.
i find mouse only way to control locked differential, i never could with my logitech formula force

i suppose mouse its better than a cheap wheel, and a good wheel is better than mouse
Quote from lerts :i suppose mouse its better than a cheap wheel, and a good wheel is better than mouse

Yupp... You got that right
i thought i'd seen some sort of horrible mouse-trap-gone-wrong picture then until my eyes focused! =D
Quote from i_MAXIBON :
so i built pedals to cover the three buttons i was using for go, stop and clutch

That is quite possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever seen! I'm guessing you're old enough to drive... do you find it uncomfortable to operate your car using the pedals?

It might be something that you can market to disabled people.... I guess.. (?)
That is actually a genius idea. Fingers for control, two little buttons for shifting, and a knob on the wheel. I'd so buy that and use it, beats hand controls for gas/brake like I got now.
probably there's a lots of difference between pedals and mouse control...
Quote from Xenix74 :mhmm buy a new Table, save the fun

Agreed.

Mouse steering might be quicker, but it's far less realistic, you don't get any feel for the drive. But if a wheel isn't an option, what about a joystick or gamepad?
thanks guys i managed a way to put the wheel on the table

but the thing is that i drive without wheel compensation and the 36º of lock on the xrg with which i have a ultra sensible wheel control

i do so because i find it the only way for my logitech formula force feedback to tell me grip, if i use low sensitivities forece feedback is useless

is momo force feedback better than formula force?
If I were you, I'd jump straight for the G25 or new Fanatec wheel.
Its not how fast you could go...some people are way more used to mouse than wheel and are faster than me,altough im not an old snail.Its all about realism,you cant buy a serious sim like this and then play with the mouse.But then some people could have space problems on their table...so its fast as much as you can make it work properly for you.Mouse is not for me,it is not realistic or confy to race with.As long as it works for you thou..
That finger pedal idea is coolMaxibon(btw your nick is the same as an ice cream name here...).
well after some experimenting i find wheel better than mouse, because of the force feeback and with highs steering sensitivities you can countersteer as fast as with the mouse

i bet theres at least 1 very fast guy driving actually with a g25 and telling everybody he is using mouse to disorient rivals spreading rumors that mouse is faster
Quote from lerts :well after some experimenting i find wheel better than mouse, because of the force feeback and with highs steering sensitivities you can countersteer as fast as with the mouse

i bet theres at least 1 very fast guy driving actually with a g25 and telling everybody he is using mouse to disorient rivals spreading rumors that mouse is faster

He might say that but in game you can tell what controller someone is using by the letter near their name on the connection list. It will either be "W", "M", "Kn" or "Ks"

These mean Wheel, Mouse, Keyboard and Keyboard stabilized.
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG