The online racing simulator
LFS weather and night
(38 posts, started )
LFS weather and night
hi all,
I was just wondering is patch z the final update to LFS? Or will there be more updates. If so will there be weather and races at night?
Patch Z isnt the last update.
Weather and night will require a graphics engine update and are not likely to see implementation until S3.
Wow I'm waiting for the release of the weather effects and the night in LFS! And no, there's still more, like 0.6A and so on... Bear in mind this is still S2 and you'll only know if the transition from S2 to S3 when the devs tell us.
Quote from hiroshima guy :Wow I'm waiting for the release of the weather effects and the night in LFS! And no, there's still more, like 0.6A and so on... Bear in mind this is still S2 and you'll only know if the transition from S2 to S3 when the devs tell us.

S3 will be a long way away, S2 isn't even done. Also - who actually said that we're getting weather and night in LFS? I've not seen Scawen say it before.
Quote from mcintyrej :S3 will be a long way away, S2 isn't even done. Also - who actually said that we're getting weather and night in LFS? I've not seen Scawen say it before.

I have in his interviews
:google:
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :I have in his interviews
:google:

I recall him saying he would like to do it, but I seem to recall a disclaimer being attached as he'd not figured out exactly what he'd do and how to achieve it yet.
Quote from Becky Rose :I recall him saying he would like to do it, but I seem to recall a disclaimer being attached as he'd not figured out exactly what he'd do and how to achieve it yet.

That should be assumed for every possible feature in LFS, ever.
Quote from mcintyrej :S3 will be a long way away, S2 isn't even done. Also - who actually said that we're getting weather and night in LFS? I've not seen Scawen say it before.

Scawen didn't actually answer that, but Victor did...

Quote :WEATHER

BHMS: Loads of questions came in about weather, what kind of weather effects we are looking for in S2, or do we have to wait until S3 to see them?

Victor: Weather effects will not be in S2, but will indeed have to wait for S3. It's not completely decided what effects there will be, but an old wish is to have 'real time of day' (position of sun). So that includes night driving. And a weather system would not be complete without at least having rain for wet road surfaces. Looking forward to that myself

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/article/159

There are 3 pages, I saw this on page 2
again here aswell:

Quote :TIRES, TIRE WEAR AND TELEMETRY

BHMS: There will be tire wear in S2, does this mean that there will be a soft, medium or hard compound?

Scawen: I can't say for sure until it's done - at first in testing we'll have one compound and see how it goes from there. It's not needed in LFS at the moment so much as in real life, because we don't have the changing weather conditions that we expect to add in S3.

ok thanks guys does anyone know when s3 wil be released?
And will it cost more?
Quote from IcePheonix95 :ok thanks guys does anyone know when s3 wil be released?
And will it cost more?

I'm guessing 3 to 5 years from now until they release the first Alpha of S3... and it would cost more again for S2 users to upgrade to S3, probley just like the transition from S1 to S2...
But no one can say when it will be released, even the devs don't know because anything could come up and delay it or speed it up
ok thanks for your help.
does anyone know if there will be diesel cars in s3?
Scawen has commented in the past he doesn't want to put a diesel into LFS.
I think diesel turbo cars be cool. Similar power to FXO car or something.
Weather and day time change is over rated feature as long as it's only about graphics and "road surface grip -50%". And proper simulation of water on the road would need a supercomputer anyway. Pointless especially when currently approximately 2 servers are using these current cloudy/evening lightning settings.

-
Quote from deggis :Weather and day time change is over rated feature as long as it's only about graphics and "road surface grip -50%". And proper simulation of water on the road would need a supercomputer anyway. Pointless especially when currently approximately 2 servers are using these current cloudy/evening lightning settings.

-

You gotta be kidding or are you just drunk?
Quote from deggis :Weather and day time change is over rated feature as long as it's only about graphics and "road surface grip -50%". And proper simulation of water on the road would need a supercomputer anyway. Pointless especially when currently approximately 2 servers are using these current cloudy/evening lightning settings.

-

um...

I have seen at least 20 or 30 using the new light settings....
mmm winter rally sounds fun... can't wait for s3.
rallying?...
Imagine drifting in wet weather
Looks like fun with water shooting out the back of your car

(Picture from TopGear)
Thats exactly the thing i would love to see in LFS, like the skidpad, but soaking wet.
GTR2 has wet weather and it is implimented very well. I remember a wet race at Spa Francorchamps in GTR2 and after a while a dry line appeared. I was like WTF this is awesome!
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Not a joke, false What have you seen that is better?

LFS weather and night
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG