The online racing simulator
New Great Simulation Games
(133 posts, started )
Quote from Dajmin :Please lose the underlines, they offend my sense of design

and I read this as I look at you signature
the underlines are the links
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Gran Turismo 5 Prolouge (Spec II Update) (PS3)
Anyone tried the spec II?
I don't think there is physics updates...

There are no physics updates mentioned in the release notes... it's a racing game either way. There just isn't any car in the game that feels even remotely like a real car, even with everything on pro and a G25 - but that's a discussion probably held countless times already
*cough*, *cough*
farming ftw!! lol.
#33 - Juls
This week I found a new one... Virtual Grand Prix 3

This is an online/offline single seater simulation, with a tyre model similar to LFS one (brush-like), a learning AI, it is moddable and comes with a track editor.

Unfortunately no-demo. Pay per year system.

It seems virtual grand prix sims have been there for a while (from 1998!!!)...very confidential.

Forgot the linK:
http://www.vgp3.com
Quote from Juls :This week I found a new one... Virtual Grand Prix 3

This is an online/offline single seater simulation, with a tyre model similar to LFS one (brush-like), a learning AI, it is moddable and comes with a track editor.

Unfortunately no-demo. Pay per year system.

It seems virtual grand prix sims have been there for a while (from 1998!!!)...very confidential.

I have heard of it before, I don't think it was that good but I never played it
I will put it on the "YET TO BE RATED" section
Quote from Shotglass :nakki seems to like it
http://nakkitartsani.1g.fi/kuvat/pippelit/

Took a moment to wonder if I dare to click that link... url says ".../pics/penises/"

Edit: Wtf, started digging through his stuff and looks like we live in same area. :drink:
rFactor

+ Modding allows you to drive silly stuff like F1 cars at the Nordschliefe and karts at Daytona and allows tonnes of real tracks and cars, which is fun.
+ Physics are OK.
+ Damage model works.
± No weather, it would be a bonus.
- Online mismatches made me give up.
- Physics not great due to garbage in garbage out
- Some mods don't work
- Higher system requirements than LFS.

Overall : Good

Rally Trophy

+ Cars are just leet
+ Stages are pretty good too.
+ Probably will run on a typewriter.
+ Ten out of ten for fun factor
± Physics aren't that bad.
- Wonky pace notes system (I'm used to the Colin McRae rally style "six is fastest" system, not where five is slowest.
- No way of reversing a combined throttle/brake axis

Overall : Very good (not awesome, this one needs a new category )
#39 - Juls
Rally Trophy is a *NEW* simulation?
Wow....then I am very young
Quote from Dajmin :- Cars can't be flipped meaning odd physics sometimes

Ferrari Challenge has this too. There is a physics constraint that kicks in once the body roll reaches a certain point, about 30 degrees or something IIRC. I'd imagine that Forza uses something similar.

It has benefits, from a development point of view, that the collision boxes can be very simple (don't have to match up with the roof line) and there is no need to code up a way to reset option and deal with all the issues that introduces.
#41 - JJ72
rFactor should be in the "Awesome" category, IMHO. The physics engine is very accurate relative to most other so-called "sims". At least the default Formula rFactor (Formula Dodge in real life) and rF3 (Formula 3 in real life) are pretty convincing. There are a few flaws, but LFS has flaws too, just in different areas.

GT Legends:

Also should be in "Awesome". The Lotus Elan handles very convincingly, but I'm not sure about the other cars. The other cars at least handle as expected, and the game doesn't suffer from the ridiculous oversteer flaw in the first GTR and rFactor sims. My only complaint about its physics is that the brakes are too weak at low speed. But otherwise a very solid sim. Immersion is very good also, looks right and sounds right.

Grand Prix Legends:

Come on, it's not "new", but it is definitely "Awesome". If you don't know what this game is, you haven't played enough racing sims.
everyone please try and add site links
Quote from samjh :rFactor should be in the "Awesome" category, IMHO. The physics engine is very accurate relative to most other so-called "sims". At least the default Formula rFactor (Formula Dodge in real life) and rF3 (Formula 3 in real life) are pretty convincing. There are a few flaws, but LFS has flaws too, just in different areas.

GT Legends:

Also should be in "Awesome". The Lotus Elan handles very convincingly, but I'm not sure about the other cars. The other cars at least handle as expected, and the game doesn't suffer from the ridiculous oversteer flaw in the first GTR and rFactor sims. My only complaint about its physics is that the brakes are too weak at low speed. But otherwise a very solid sim. Immersion is very good also, looks right and sounds right.

convincing != accurate
and ive given up on isi content a long time ago when i saw the tyre curves on the vast majority of cars
#46 - JJ72
if GT legends was outstanding than RF with historic mod would be.......out of the scale?

for that reason GT legends can only be good. however its interior and exterior modelling, texture etc is very very impressive in my opinion, one of the best.
I cant get to kart sim's site, it doesnt let me put an @ to email

mm just had to copy/paste it lol

New Great Simulation Games
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG