The online racing simulator
Radeon 9800 Pro driver problem
(8 posts, started )
Radeon 9800 Pro driver problem (FIXED) :)
"if it aint broke, dont fix it"
A piece of advice I should of taken last night.

I tried reinstalling my graphics driver to add the CCC, Ive been running without it until now. Now I cant get any of them to work.
Ive tried every driver on my computer, with and without the CCC.

I keep getting the same problem, which makes me think the card is damaged.
Although the device manager reports no problems, there is no hardware acceleration, no software can find it. So no software that relies on it will start, LFS tells me "Could not detect any screen modes. Probably error in graphics driver", Armadillo run tells me "No hardware acceleration found. Please ensure you have installed the drivers for your graphics card".

So does anyone know what drivers will work with this card?
Or can anyone confirm the chances that my card is damaged?
Or any other ideas?

system -
Athlon XP 3200
Abit AV8 motherboard
1Gb 3200 DDR RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro

Yes I am aware this is well due an upgrade, which is planned.
But I need to fix this in the meantime, this jerky scrolling in Firefox is doing my head in.
Two things that you could try:

1) Use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean out the driver installation then re-install your official ATI driver.

AND/OR

2) I used to have a 9800SE which had similar problems. I used an old version of the SoftMod driver from here

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, no luck yet though, Ill keep trying.
Your motherboard is not compatible with the 9800. I am in the same situation, random bluescreens and reboots, super annoying.
Google will tell you more about people struggling to get that combo to work.. Good luck, post here if you have any luck..
That is surprising, as I have been using this setup for over 2 years
Ill let you know if I get it to work.
Sorry I confused Asus A8V with Abit AV8.

Back to your problem: use Driver Cleaner to remove partially installed vga drivers, then try again.
Try driver cleaner and install omega drivers (google omega drivers for 9800pro)
Problem solved!
It was a combination of Driver Cleaner Pro (great tip thanks for that) and believe it or not, Windows Update.
I tried all sorts of drivers, including various omega drivers, none of which worked.
After a full clean of all drivers, I went to windows update and installed whatever driver it gave me, system info says version no. 8.231.0.0, dunno how useful that will be.
Thanks for all your help guys

Radeon 9800 Pro driver problem
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG