The online racing simulator
Car milage
(33 posts, started )
Car milage
Well i'm looking for a odometer in miles, for each serperate car. I'd be really greatful, if someone could possibly write one for me?

::EDIT::

I just went through some of the insim php-5 help on the LFS manual. And I looked at it as almost if it was some other language, and come to find out it is. So.... Yeah. 0.o When it comes to computer language, I lack the knowlodge and skills to even come close, to understanding. Like I said I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here's an app that will do it for you

Edit your cfg.txt file in the LFS directory, to have this at the end. It will probably have lines like these, just overwrite them.

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 10
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 2

Then, everytime you start LFS, start the exe file from the zip. Keep all 3 files together, but it doesn't matter where they are. All of the distances are stored as metres in odometer.odo, so you can see your distances for each car. The app shows you the distance in the current car since you started today, today's total distance, your total distance in this car, and your overall total distance, in miles to 2 decimal places. The total displays don't load until you get into a car either.

The only known problem is that the displays go a little wonky when you first get into a car, as in they'll show '0000', or else random 4 number strings. That will go away as soon as you drive, so I'm not too worried about that

Any questions or problems, gimme a PM, or post here
Attached files
odometer.zip - 27.4 KB - 220 views
Thank you, very much appriciated
You should make a KM version and host it up on unofficial addons. Very nicely done, to tenth's.
Uh, I don't mean to be a bug. But the odometer goes up while specing someone elses car.
OutGauge needs a "SPECTATING" bit
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :OutGauge always outputs data of spectated car.

The point is, it doesn't tell the OutGauge application if the incoming data is from a spectated or the user's car.

Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :For this kind of application InSim (or even OutSim?, don't remember the outputs) should be used, not OutGauge.

I disagree, using InSim for what could and should simply be solved by providing a bit more information with OutGauge packets (there is a spare byte, you know) is inefficient.
I used OutGauge because I need the packets to come in at relatively small intervals. As I discovered in my cruise InSim, using large intervals means that the distance is out over a period of time. I'm not sure if it would time out the player if they received InSim events every 100 milliseconds, which I can do with OutGauge with no worries...

OutSim wouldn't do anyway, that only has g-force, acceleration, vector, etc.

I do agree though, a spectating bit would be nice

It would be no problem to make a KM version, it already saves the distances in metres, and only converts to miles when it's displaying. I might add an option to switch between them
Extremely off-topic..

But I like how everybody has Alina avatars now. Way to copy
I'm officially the 4th person to do so

Where's yours, may I ask?
I've gone a separate route :P

Currently scanning around my hard drive for a better one haha.
Quote from Mithras :But I like how everybody has Alina avatars now. Way to copy

I was wondering who she was.. cheers for clearing that up.

Back on-topic; there's nothing to stop you from using a mad hybrid of insim+outguage to acheive whats needed. However, in future versions of LFS the positioning packets reported by insim will come at a fixed interval.
Hmm, this is talk I do not understand. So.... yeah i'm lost.
I've noticed a HUGE problem with it (well, not that big. Maybe just huge.). For every digit that is gained before the decimal point (eg, 1 --> 10), one is lost after it. So I've fixed it

Just overwrite the exe and the dll over the existing ones you have, you can leave your existing settings file alone...
Attached files
odometer.zip - 27.7 KB - 162 views
Trying it now.

Uhh it's not working, different outgauage settings maybe?
Mmmk, It must be me.

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 10
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 2

This is what I use.
Hmm, I haven't changed anything in it, except the way it displays decimals. Does it crash, or does nothing happen?
The distance just shows up as question marks. Nothin else. Not 0 not anything.
And you are in-game, in a car? Did you get any message from windows asking to unblock network capabilities of the app?
Firewall is turned off. So is windows security center. Also I got in a car. Notta.
List of steps please ? =D
I've no idea why it won't work for you, I've just ran it here and it's fine

The steps are the same as the last version. Does the last version work for you still?
Yep old version works.
? marks for me
Strange, works here...does the mileage go up in the .odo file even though it won't display?

Car milage
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG