The online racing simulator
tuning cars
(25 posts, started )
tuning cars
Is there a way of tuning cars for example xrt???????
why?
Quote from LFSn00b :Yes there is.

Stock car is XRG. Pit and choose XRT. Now you added a turbo and a spoiler. Now pit again and pick XRR. You have wider tyres, racing bodykit and spoiler, and a better motor and bigger turbo.

hmm never thought of that....wow.
No legal way that I know of. But there is stuff like LFSTweak or what's its name.
Why the mod's just lock the thread NOW! There was a tuning crap thread a few days ago and this will just be the same old s**T
#7 - J@tko
^ someone has too much free time!

They should get out more!
apollo1600 please leave the "new thread" button alone. At least try to stay in the beginner's part of the forum.
you can tune it. use the existing garage settings to change tire pressures etc.
The worst thing is it isn't the first time he's been involved in one of these "tune" threads...

dougie-lampkin votes to ban apollo1600 [1/12] (press 1)
Quote from apollo1600 :Is there a way of tuning cars for example xrt???????

yes.

(-Mark-) votes to ban apollo1600 [2/12] (press 1)

N.Nitrous votes to ban apollo1600 [3/12] (press 1)
**Vote canceled**

CobraDrifter votes to ban apollo1600 [1/12] (press 1)
Quote from CobraDrifter :**Vote canceled**

damn vote canceled

anywho, you could tune the XRT, but you need LFSTweak but it only works on older versions
#15 - Dac

this is a driving game......
this is liveforspeed not need for speed, if you wan't tuning go play nfs pro street.
Yes, there are lots of tuning options.

Drive train tuning, suspension tuning, aero tuning (on some), brake tuning, etc all on the Garage screen.

I rather suspect what you're talking about is modifications though, not tuning. Tuning is taking what you have and changing it to perform differently.
For example, when I tune my guitar, I don't whack on big pieces of plastic and tin (and filler, always plenty of filler) because that doesn't make it sound better.

Heeeeere we go!

*** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT ***

Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

So how about you just drive the cars you have and I dunno, bang a metal trash can lid with your face to simulate the noise of a pointless "masseev zorst!!1111"

*** C&P END *** C&P END *** C&P END ***
Where did that epic C&P originally come from? Yours on not? I need to give the creator of this work of art appropriate credit in my sig

|
|
|
V
Quote from CobraDrifter :**Vote canceled**

Gills4life timed out

Bugger ! :weeping:
Quote from JO53PHS :Where did that epic C&P originally come from? Yours on not? I need to give the creator of this work of art appropriate credit in my sig

I noticed it in your sig and I'm so proud
And it is actually my very own quote. I was writing more or less the same thing in ever tuning and modding thread on the forum so I decided just to start C&Ping it across to save time. And now I can search for "C&P alert" to find whichever one is most recent
Quote from CasseBent :apollo1600 please leave the "new thread" button alone. At least try to stay in the beginner's part of the forum.

Ya gotta love this attitude...
There is one use of LFS that would justify visually pimping cars in such a way that one could say it should be implemented...

Drifting...

Of course, the only way to keep the 1337 grippers happy would be to implement it in such a way that LFS would only allow you to use those 'setups' on servers that have the drift option checked.

It's good to see that after over a year of being absent on the forums nothing has changed with regard to the apparent superiority that grip racers seem to feel over all the other people that enjoy LFS because of its realistic physics.
This thread has nothing to do with drifting (or it didn't until now), it's about mods. You can drift perfectly well in an unmodified car. In fact, if it's bodykit they're talking about it'd make drifting even harder due to the extra drag holding the wheels down.

Drifting? Yes.
Racing? Yes.
Drag? Yes.
Pointless mods? No. I'm not pasting the C&P twice in the same thread, that's just retarded. Read up for the reasons against it.
Quote from Dajmin :This thread has nothing to do with drifting (or it didn't until now), it's about mods. You can drift perfectly well in an unmodified car. In fact, if it's bodykit they're talking about it'd make drifting even harder due to the extra drag holding the wheels down.

Drifting? Yes.
Racing? Yes.
Drag? Yes.
Pointless mods? No. I'm not pasting the C&P twice in the same thread, that's just retarded. Read up for the reasons against it.

Damn these similar threads, and me for posting in the wrong one :P

Go tune your brain a bit...

tuning cars
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG