The online racing simulator
LFS - Pizza Delivery
(20 posts, started )
LFS - Pizza Delivery
Possibly the first InSim app designed specifically for single player mode!

Fancy running around town, delivering pizzas in your blingin' UF1? Then this is for you!

Instructions:
  1. Extract the files from the ZIP.
  2. There should be an exe, a dll and a layout file.
  3. Put the layout file into your layout folder.
  4. Then start LFS, and go to multiplayer mode.
  5. Go into "Start new host", and empty the admin password box.
  6. Then go back into single player mode, and type '/insim=29999', and load SO4.
  7. Once it has finished loading, you can then run the exe.
  8. Wait for the app to load the layout.
  9. Then join in the UF1, using the default pizza skin.
Then you're ready to go!

You can only carry 4 pizzas at a time, and you have 15 minutes to complete your run before the shop closes. When you start, you'll have to stock up your UF1 before heading out. There are 12 spots to deliver to around town. Some are easy to get at, some take a little bit more work. But be careful! For every cone you hit, 10 seconds is deducted from your time! Once you have delivered to all 12 locations, dash back to the shop to put your UF1 away before it closes! Good luck pizza guy!

There shouldn't be any major bugs or problems with this, I've spent a good while testing it

Thanks to T-RonX for the base, as usual

C+C welcome
Attached files
pizza_guy!.zip - 33.2 KB - 472 views
LOL! What a funny Idea Good Tool
Haha great idea.
Just tried it for the first time, had 1 Pizza place left but couldn't find it and ran out of time. Pretty fun, especially with the RoadGoing setup, trying not to push the car too hard yet not go too slow.

I would make it so when the timer runs out, it displays a message (Game Over?) and after a few seconds, sends you back to the, err, place that you go when you click end race. I had no idea what to look for when I started, so maybe display instructions on game start. Also it seems you have to reload the program to play again; though the timer does reset, it didn't put me back to the Pizza position when I end race and go, but instead to LFS' default place.

The only bug I found was in one of the Pizza spots, the walls disappeared if I got too close, but that's I think LFS' own bug.
Quote from Max Torque :

No idea on that, unless you started the app while in-game. That does crash it...

Quote from tigerboyz :Just tried it for the first time, had 1 Pizza place left but couldn't find it and ran out of time. Pretty fun, especially with the RoadGoing setup, trying not to push the car too hard yet not go too slow.

I would make it so when the timer runs out, it displays a message (Game Over?) and after a few seconds, sends you back to the, err, place that you go when you click end race. I had no idea what to look for when I started, so maybe display instructions on game start. Also it seems you have to reload the program to play again; though the timer does reset, it didn't put me back to the Pizza position when I end race and go, but instead to LFS' default place.

The only bug I found was in one of the Pizza spots, the walls disappeared if I got too close, but that's I think LFS' own bug.

I can't get it to send you back to the start, unless I got it to end race and then restart...LFS seems to put the car back into a garage on restart

I know about the walls disappearing at the hairpin beside the chicane, that's an LFS bug. If you reverse out a bit it goes away

Thanks for the feedback
#7 - ReVoX
jajaja nice idea Rob, go to see that.
will this work with multiplayer also? ill set up a server running it called. [720] Pizza Delizery. Ill have credits to you in the welcome message.
Rob, i must say it looks great, Cant try it untill my dad gives me permmison on vista but bet it will be great!
master_lfs.5101: I believe what Rob cant allow use that for multiplayer
I tried it, its nice, good work. ^^
It might work online (haven't tried it), but only one person will be allowed in the race at a time. I'm working on a multiplayer "pizza dash" version too
Where do I go to get the pizzas? :P
From the pizza place to the right of where you start
ok on pizza dash try osmething like there other competitors. like chinese food. logitech delivery. lol
Suggestion: Add readme/instructions file into the zip

EDIT: I spawn at the pits and can't find a way to get out. Is something going wrong or am I just plain blind to not see the exit? Maybe it's because I'm with patch Y30?

AUTO-ANSWER: I found the problem. I had it to 15 min qualifying in single player mode. When I load the external client the number of laps is automatically changed to 1 but the qualifying time remains, and when you enter the server you start from a garage. So, you have to set it to no qualifying in order to start in the right place.

EDIT2: When you pause the game the timer won't stop.

EDIT3: That was fun! A bit easy imo. I did a first run just to check the delivery spots, and in my first attempt using mouse (my wheel is packed right now) I completed it with 3 minutes left. My clutch got pretty hot though 4:06 minutes left in the third attempt (in the second I totally burnt the clutch XD)
-
(DiMmY) DELETED by DiMmY : Got it working :P
Not really, considering I've never been on the league of the Americas forum. Actually it came from an idea off a cruise server I made, where a user suggested "taxi" missions. I thought about it, and realised it would be pretty much the same as delivering pizzas, in theory at least. Pick an object up from a location and drop it somewhere else. Plus pizzas have that novelty food appeal

Actually, looking at that link, it's nothing like this. Yours involves making pitstops during a race, while in this you have to collect pizzas from a location, and distribute them around the track.

Thanks for your concern though, but no, I'm not running out of ideas
Nah....didn't think you were...just thought it was interesting how that activity and the UF1 just kind of mess seamlessly. Your idea looks like a lot of fun, as was ours. Good work.
lol sounds really nice but i cant give it a try, too bad.Can anyone make a video plz and upload it in youtube, it would be nice

LFS - Pizza Delivery
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG