The online racing simulator
CAT AND MOUSE insim program !!
Lfs Banger server (Cap27 and Corsa !) have had a discussion on a new tournament could be made i explained to cap27 what i thought, cat and mouse from the program vroom vroom. The game works with a 1 v 1 system starting either end of the course and the cat should be in a bigger car than the mouse (common sense).The aim of the game is to catch the mouse, Depending on which one you are (Cat or Mouse) if your the mouse avoid the cat. We need a timer for this game so we have a message saying drive to arena then when entered in arena a message saying 5 4 3 2 1 go and then the game is started soon as the cat has scraped or hit the mouse then the timer will stop. Then with the timer we type a command to see who has the best time without being caught by the cat. We also need a rule and instructions bit for the server telling people what to do before they come on track.

When both cars are lined up on course the timer should go 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 GO !!!.
just too add to this if the program can be made need it so both cars have to make it to the arena with a messege onscreen saying drive to the arena then another messge saying that the car(mouse) has to stop in between the green cones and the car(cat)has to stop in between the blue cones then messege saying stop then when the cars are ready a timer countdown like 5,4,3,2,1 GO thats when the chase starts its very similar to the sumo program but need it to be without the barriers moving or the drive to middle for who ever wins as the winner will be picked when the mouse is hit by the cat also need it so the server can be full but only 2 drivers are on the arena at any time so need some form of barrier being put into place to stop cars entering the layout like sumo has, the layout is ready but just need the timer and other things to be made,would appreciate it very much if it can be done
thanx
I will look into it sometime.
Unless I missed a packet, I don't think InSim can get damage data, or get when to objects intersect each other (ie, are touching). If InSim does in fact have this capability, please do correct me. But with out this, it is going to be imposable.

(MCI Packets really don't count as they update to slowly, you need real time data, with a faster turn around.)
Set MCI intervals to 1/100th of a second? :rolleyes:

In Y24 though, MCI packets are sent at the same time as the game updates, which is once every 1/10th IIRC?

Quote : InSim : MCI packets are now sent at regular game update intervals

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Set MCI intervals to 1/100th of a second? :rolleyes:

In Y24 though, MCI packets are sent at the same time as the game updates, which is once every 1/10th IIRC?

Man, that's Alot of packets ... not that I'm complaining. Wonder if my daemon can keep up!
I thought the y24 version sent the packets at the same rate (customised within the init), but it actually ensures the time between each packet... *shrugs*.

Maybe I misread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG