The online racing simulator
Best nVidia driver for Quality?
(9 posts, started )
I'm currently using the latest nVidia driver with a 6800 PCIx card. I've been tooling around with Riva tuner and have set up an LFS profile. Anyway, I'm very happy with the FPS that these levels of filtering have allowed me, but I'm wondering if there is a driver which gives better image quality. If I dont clamp my negative mip map LOD bias, then the results i get in game appear as if only half of the filtering is used which is weird. Looks more like 4xAA and 4xAF instead of the full 16 I've selected. I know I'm at 16x in the driver cp no doubt about it. When I change it to clamp, everything is smoothed but a little blurry. I'd rather have things a little blurry than to have ultra sharp textures that seem to be unaffected by tbe insane level of AA and AF applied. Currently I'm using 16X AA and 16X AF @ 1600x1200

Could I improve my image quality with a diff driver?
/bump anyone?
I'm not sure if he still does nVidia, but the Omega drivers have nice quality for 1-2fps loss.
Thanks for the tip. Better yet, can anyone explain this anomaly? Just doesn't seem right. I'm starting to think that my logic is retarded.
I think it's just the new drivers are pretty shoddy. As I get something the same with my card, which sucks as I paid so much for it, I'd have expected to get some nice filter use.
I have the same problem, I recently updated to the latest nvidia drivers and now everything is uber sharp, so pixelisation is once again noticeable. I too am running 1600x1200 w/ 8x AA & 16x AF. I would like to make it go back to how it was, the image was much smoother and more appealing. Adjusting the in-game LOD slider has helped a bit.
1280X1024 32bit
Antialiasing settings - 4x
Anisotropic filtering - 16x
Image settimgs - High quality
All optimization - off
Negative LOD bias - Clamp

ForceWare - 81.95
Gforce 6800GT 128 agp
Good speed&Quality.
Quote from VIP UA :1280X1024 32bit
Antialiasing settings - 4x
Anisotropic filtering - 16x
Image settimgs - High quality
All optimization - off
Negative LOD bias - Clamp

ForceWare - 81.95
Gforce 6800GT 128 agp
Good speed&Quality.

Wat fps do you get?
Quote from SID135 :Wat fps do you get?

Practice: 70-115 fps
Race: (max bots) - 30(start)- 45-80 fps

Athlon XP 3200+, NForce2Ultra, 1024mb PC3200, GF6800GT 128 AGP 420/900.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG