The online racing simulator
Setup Field vs. Setup Grid.
(79 posts, started )

Poll : Which One Has The Higher Quality Setups?

Equal
#1 - Jakg
Seeing as they both now offer the same thing, inc the ability to download the entire database of setups, I was just wondering which one the community thought was better?

BTW - The main criteria of this is the QUALITY of the setups, not the moral standing of the Setup Grid.
i prefere setup grid, mainly because the setups are split into different categories, so its easier to find that specific setup. Plus that new SIG they made is really amazing. As for the quality, well, most of the sets are actually the same.

So yeah Setup Grid, although i do get some sets from Inferno too
Setup grid, it has a much better layout and different categories of setup, also the new feature to have it available in game is brilliant.
SetupGrid, simple and nice.
I prefer setup-grid because the layout and site of setup-field just sucks (and it has for years now). I do however think the quality and quantity on both suck, so I end up mashing up a setup myself anyway.
Setupgrid cause the setups are for qualifications, short races & long races. Its divided into groups, so its easier to find what you really need, but there aren't a lot of setups yet. So when setupgrid doesn't have the setup, then I just take from setupfield.
setupfield, only because I hadn't heard of Setup Grid until last week.
Setupfield because everyone is downloading my drift setup there!
Added the missing obvious poll option, Jack.
Doh!:doh: I voted Grid instead of Field. Setupfield has for me been the best spot for a good set, so far.
Its all about the punters.

Punters mate, punters!

PUNT PUNT, PUNTERS.

Declaration of the Decimation,
feild, i havnt liked grid much since it came out, too differnt.
Hadn't even heard of Setup Grid until just now! Usually take one from setup field and then tweak considerably.
No setups I've downloaded have suited my driving style, JoyPad. But I prefer browsing Setupgrid because it's a nicer interface and there are different categories.

Trying to do a 15 lap race with a hotlap setup fails so setupfield was never any good for me.

I got alot of my setups from skstibi. He is great at setting up cars. He's a car mechanic guy irl so he is pro at it.
the new tool is really great and easy to use Great idea and makes lfs a bit more nicer for me
I must say I prefer Setup Grid.

I just seem to get more 'quality' setups from 'setup grid' than 'setup field'.

I also prefer the interface on the setup grid site, it's much easier to find the combo you are looking for. To my eyes, setupfield looks rather cluttered and messy, but that's just my opinion!
Inferno's Setupfield. Lots of friendly members, and THAT was the first setup database. That's why I like it.
Setup grid for me too

Never knew about setup grid. I always make my own setups.
Setup grid looks like it has more useful setups.
I always used the setupfield to find some fast sets. But one day it was possible for everybody to upload a set. Now there are a lot of sets that are fake or don't have a name or time. So I stopped uploading my own sets there aswell.

I'll try that SIG now. Looks promising.
[x] Setup Grid.

As said, everything is split into categories, making it easy to find a setup for sprint or endurance races.
IMO setupfield has higher quality setups

Setupgrid is the better layed out site, but the lack of fast setups is a let down. I usually download most of the setups for a combo from both sites, try all of them and see what a like, then modify the setup to last for race distance. I find that most of the time I end up choosing a setupfield set.
Quote from word. :Setupgrid is the better layed out site, but the lack of fast setups is a let down. I usually download most of the setups for a combo from both sites, try all of them and see what a like, then modify the setup to last for race distance. I find that most of the time I end up choosing a setupfield set.

I have to agree that feild does seem to have more "hotlap" setups. I like grid because it have more styles (race, qualify, etc) of setups. When it comes to interfaces, field look is really really behind. Field is almost hard on the eyes.

I still will always love em' and use em' both!
its a pity the two can't get together so the setup database is the same on both so you can use whichever site you feel most comfortable with.

(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG