The online racing simulator
24h race - how was it?
So let the discussion begin

First of all: A great teamexperience! I loved the night time and all around that. talking with my buddies, checking tactics, flaming about disconnects etc...

For my team, (11, ocr fxr) the race went way better than expected. though we had one disconnect, who cost us about 5 minutes (like 100m b4 s/f) in hour 7, we could improve our times, didnt do many mistakes, only one DT due to some speeding into the pitlane.

We had a nice distance battle with thunder racing, who were catching up from time to time, overtook us and went back behind us. Our fifth place in the FXR is really a cool thing for us, and we are damn happy I loved the behaviour of the most of the racing teams, you did a good job out there, and also the newer guys to the MoE did a cool job and experienced a lot, I think.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!
Hi,

First, congratulations for the good organization and also for all the teams that finished this 24h race. This race was a big challenge for all and finish the race is already a victory.

About my team, well it was a good experience, we talked a lot during the race, and not only the 6 drivers but almost the whole team was there to help us in the race.. to help us with the tactics and calculations to improve our performance, everybody had will to do better and to do one more stint or two if needed to recoup all the bad luck we had... really loved the event and i´m looking forward to have other very soon .

Anyway, about the race as i said before the luck was not with us, in the start casper was pushed into the wall and got a lot damage, he needed to pit in lap 2 and we were in last place with a lot gap to others... but we recoup a lot positions in some hours, but when we were in 4 or 3rd.. we got our first disco... and fall to 8th.. after that we pushed hard and reached the top 3 again.. and in hour 14 of the race we got the first place after ocrana disco.. but the bad luck were with us again and in some hours we got more 3 discos and lost a lot time to pod, ocrana and faculty.. in the middle we also lost 3/4 of a lap coz of the swap bug or something.. but once again we drove even harder and closed to pod again.. during the last hour we had a nice distance fight (15 sec less)... 4th place was not that bad with all the bad luck we had..

But was great really, all the drivers were fair and i never saw any problem with bad behavior during the 24h race... cograts for the win faculty

I´m damm tired.. and i´ll sleep a long time to recoup from this amazing race..

Also want to say something to my mates for their fantastic job... congratulations and i´m really proud to be in a team like this, thanks for the good moments in this race and i´m looking forward to have much more in the future...
Congrats to the winners, and also congrats to the good organization.

For our team (22 - ITEK) it was a great event, as it was the first big event we attendet to and we're also pretty happy with our result and performance. For me it was also something very special, as it was my first event I drove for the ITEK Racing Team (i'm only a team member since 1 and an half week) and I think it went ok.
We had no disconnects and that is surely one of the points that had a great impact on the whole result as there were many drivers with disconnects. This is unfortunate but it could happen to everyone.
It was nice attending to such a big event and surely something very special. The whole team talk and the whole ambient were something that surely was thrilling, but it isn't something that I would make every week as it is pretty exhausting .

At the end I want to thank my teammates for the great job they did and for letting me the chance to drive for them. Thumbs up
Well, how was it?

At the moment i am done, really finished. But it feels good!

It was an exciting event, some real new impressions. It felt like another game.

In a normal race u try to be faster as ur teammates, have fights with dem and try to give and get some tipps for getting faster on a track.

This time it was much more. The teammates helped each other out to bring this car through the 24 hours and we did very well, i think.

A real big Bonus was the "gamer-fm"-videostream, a lot of usefull infos, nice talks and of course a "not_so_lonely" night.

I hope, i could write down some not complete incomprehensibly sentences, my english is a little rusty and surely not good enough to report about a 24-race, that wasnt a toppic in our english-lessons a´la "jack n jill run up the hill!"
At 3pm GMT (4pm CET) on Saturday, the end of the race seemed impossibly far away. I was the fourth and final driver to step into our FXR and when I finished my first stint at midnight, the end still seemed forever away.

For ITEK's first endurance race (and there's nothing quite like diving in at the deep end...) with relatively little time to prepare ourselves, the learning curve was steep and the race was certainly a challenge. There's lessons we can learn from this but it also feels quite an accomplishment to participate in and successfully complete such a huge event. It wouldn't have been possible without the excellent organisation and administration of the MoE staff.

High points were undoubtedly the anticipation of the start, wondering how the next 24 hours would unfold and whether we could really keep it all together for a whole day's continuous driving. At the other extreme was the finish, with the satisfaction and slight sense of disbelief that it was really a whole 24 hours ago when our FXR started circulating Aston Grand Prix. And all throughout the race was the steady hope/determination that we'd just keep it together and not suffer any disconnects, crashes, or other misfortune.

Low points were that our race was jeapordised several times by one car that kept making contact; the lack of sleep wasn't too great as demonstrated by me sleeping in by an hour and failing to take over at the designated time (sorry Keith!), and then trying to drive quickly while fatigue and caffeine fight for your senses. I also think ITEK should definitely be awarded, say, 1000 bonus points for managing a full barrel roll with their car, with no involvement from anything other than yours truly, a high kerb, and lots of throttle (of course it might not have been so amusing if the car hadn't neatly landed back on it's wheels with virtually no suspension damage and the whole incident costing no more than 5 or 6 seconds. )

Overall: Yeah, good event. Challenging, tiring, and leaves a rather guilty feeling for having wasted the whole weekend on the computer. But still good to have completed it.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
or at least the last hour or so????
There is no full replay. I got the last 7 hours or so and will provide it tonight.
#8 - Misko
For me the high point of the race were last 5-6 hours when after our last problem and loosing the lap to pod team we got determined to get that position back. Seemed like almost possible but hard thing to do. From then on till the finish it was a chase at almost the WR pace, lots of 2:41s, almost a hotlapping session with the whole team checking every laptime of us and them, calculating pitstops both teams have to make till the end and changing strategy accordingly. It got even more intense when Kalbitzer got back in the car to make Andreas and Uroš work that much harder for it. In the end it was only 10s difference after 24h.

Of course, the other high points for me were during the night, while I was doing my share of driving, when we were running at the faster pace than other top teams, gaining positions, checking our progress on the radio (being in 1st at one time), meeting other teams on the track as we lapped them (or some ulapped from us like Norbi ) or scrambled for position. Was great fun and much deeper experience than any other normal race.

I'm happy that we didn't make any mistakes on the track (apart from catching little dirt on tyres here and there and stuff like that), and that when things like disconnects and hardware problems happened we always had a driver ready to react quickly and jump into the race. It's a shame that after performance like this we had those misfortunes. We have gathered a good team, Andreas' determination was so high and he was pulling whole team to not just do well but win this race.

I'm also happy that many many fast drivers were participating in this race and, just like in modern endurance racing, the deciding factor was the performance, concentration and determination for everything to work like a clockwork throughout the whole 24h, without relaxing at any point. It really was a hot race from start to finish, rather than just an endurance test. Preparations were long and thorough for everybody, setups got better, WRs got smashed by at least 1-1.5 seconds during the past month.

Congratulations to n!faculty for the win, Arne was amazing, and everybody else, from organizers to every driver and team member for this one of a kind amazing race! It was a competitive and friendly atmosphere in the whole "paddock" on IRC and I loved every second of it.

Shame I couldn't watch the video brodcast, but for most of you who could I bet it made the whole was experience that much more complete.
you can still download it here:
http://www.gamer-fm.de/v4/index.php/news/view?id=2219
below "NSV-Mitschnitte"

It's mostly german, but there are some english sessions as well.

It was a really great experience. After the first stints on saturday, i thought it will be very hard to finish the race. But the stints in the morning were really great. I had a good flow and drove some PBs. It's nice when you come to the point, where you don't want to get out of the car
I didn't make any mistakes, just one flat tire because of locked brakes. But not a single accident. I'm really proud of that.
We had no disconnects or shift+s, but our pace wasn't the fastest and in the FXR we didn't have any chance. This car is just too slow, if you are not the fastest driver. But we overtook EER in the last corner, so we gained one more posistion congratulation to ocr for the 5th place in the FXR, i know what it means

anyway, it was great to see our first team win, so in the end i was more excited about the victory than my own race.
It was amazing how close this race was even after 24 hours.
Well what a long weekend it was...Since i formed ITEK Racing no more than 2 month ago in those 2 month we have came a long way so soon. When one of my team m8 said there is a 24 hour event comming up i sort of went well that would be nice if we got in so i asked about it and got very interested then we found out there was more teams than spots and then i thought that was our teams chance away and then to see our team was posted as the last teams to get invited to the Aston 24 was amazing. This was our first ever event and it was such a buzz to be racing with some of the best teams in LFS like ocr. nfaculty and so on and was a pleasure racing with them. The big up for us was that we were the second fastest FXR in the race and i dont mean by our laptimes because they were not great because we did not have a great setup as we did not think r2s would of lasted the same as r3s witch we were running. The rest of the team Yugo45, LRB_Aly, STROBE all did a great job and in my eyes only one team error and that was the driver change over were STROBE forgot to get out of bed and because it was in the middle of the night i had to do a 5 hour stint on my ownillepallbut all is forgiven. One of the best experience i have ever had in LFS and we are all looking forward to the next race. Great race everyone.
Hi,

It was also great fun for us. Althoug we had a slow start and some disconnection problems we tried to do our best to get back in the top ten. And after some good stints in the morning it looked like it would be possible to catch mb. Unfortunatly we had some sort of double counted lap which was substracted from our endresult. So in the end its "only" a tenth place behind mb.

But we are keen on the upcomming events and will try to catch up to the pace of the top teams.

Our special thanks go to the organisation- and adminstaff who made this event possible and worth being a part of it. thx frankd. thx hoellsen.

Also a big thx to the coverage-team of gamer-fm which made LFS a further bit more popular.

Se u on track
Jonas Hülsermann aka monthu|HFD
My sympathy goes out to the team that had 2 front punctures in the last 5? minutes.
They got sooo close to finishing but in the end had to abandon the race, unbebievably unlucky.

Saw it happen on the live stream..and think that team should get an award for being the "unluckiest" team in the race
Estonian Endurance Racers?
It was on the last lap(sector 2-3).
Both front tyres popped and the driver crashed after it many times causing alot of danger to other drivers. So he was removed from the race.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It was pretty tragic and we had a hard time deciding that. But with so little distance between the first two cars we could not risk a crash due to that.
well, i had a little smile on my face when i overtook him on the last corner and gained a position

It's amazing how close a 24 hour race can be.
So, there was a live winamp stream going, and I missed it?

I guess I'll just wait until the that 6h race, and hope that someone puts up a stream.
Quote from wheel4hummer :So, there was a live winamp stream going, and I missed it?

I guess I'll just wait until the that 6h race, and hope that someone puts up a stream.

Quote from inCogNito :you can still download it here:
http://www.gamer-fm.de/v4/index.php/news/view?id=2219
below "NSV-Mitschnitte"

It's mostly german, but there are some english sessions as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG