The online racing simulator
New DPF: New problems
(20 posts, started )
Hi,

I just got the DPF a couple of hours ago and have only found one bad thing about it so far. The problem I have is that when I drift it counter-steers for me instantly. Is there a way to get rid of that. Also, even when I am racing, if I turn to hard since I braked late, it again counter-steers for me and half the time ends up screwing me up and spinning me out.

For this reason, I wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of the automatic counter-steer. Thanks a lot. (Also, I can't open the DFP since my dad won't let me).

Thanks again for the answers!

EDIT: Sorry, but I just realized that this should not be in this section. Sorry again. Can a mod please move it to the Technical Assistance Forum please? Thanks!
The problem here is that the wheel turning by itself happens in real life too. The solution is that you can stop it by turning off force feedback, but you probably would not want that. Other than turning FFB off, there isn't really a way to stop it. You can turn forces down in LFS and/or the wheel on the profiler if that helps keep some force feedback and reduce countersteer strength.

By instantly do you mean it jumps around to the correct angle or does the wheel just steer you there?
Like Scatter said.
This "countersteer" is the Force Feedback in Action. its giving you informationf of basically what the car is feeling in the game. i dont recomend turning it of as the force feedback is what gives you the real feel of driving in the simulator. instead, learn to drive with it. In a Real car in Real Life, thats basically what the driving wheel would do when drifting.

(correct me if im wrong xD).
Oh, I didn't know that happenned in real life (get permit in 11 days!!!). I think it would actually be easier if the real life cars did NOT do the counter-steer automatically, but I can't drive yet, so....
Quote from shashdev :Oh, I didn't know that happenned in real life (get permit in 11 days!!!). I think it would actually be easier if the real life cars did NOT do the counter-steer automatically, but I can't drive yet, so....

Well, there ARE cars with Hydraulic steering (i thing thats how they call it in english) that makes the wheel very light. i have driven a Mercedes Class A, and while easier to turn, it is fatal at high speeds, where even non-smoth small movements can make the car act alittle aggresive.

belive me. force feedback is here to stay.
Well You can tweak ff a bit...Setting more than 100% of ff strenght in logitech profiler causes forces to oscilate around centre.(people used to set 101-110 to exaggerate low forces around centre, in my opinion it is a mess setup)
Instead im using LFS ff step num 64, logitech profiler 100%, and lfs 10-30%(depends on car im driving) it provides far more realistic fellings. Setting more than 30% in LFS and more than 100 in logitech gives too much countersteer to feel real!!
Furthermore i noticed, that its sometimes better when logitech and lfs have the same ff level, then i tune both, logitech and lfs somwhere around 20-60%.
Another discovery?
logitech set to value somwhere around 70-80% improves bumps for dfp,
or its just my personal feeling( xfg so2 ffstep num 64 logitech 70% lfs 50%
I dont have a logitech. but i read somewhere on the forums that (i think theres a link in Jakg's sig) that says that the FFB only starts to work fine with a value of 101-105 or so.
Quote from Calvinaquino :I dont have a logitech. but i read somewhere on the forums that (i think theres a link in Jakg's sig) that says that the FFB only starts to work fine with a value of 101-105 or so.

im aware of that opinion, but my personal fellings are 21-25 percents lower than people got used to (ffstepnum 64 lfs ~50)
A cars front tyres will always turn towards the direction of least resistance i.e into slide but the car will rarely come back into line.
Quote from Calvinaquino :I dont have a logitech. but i read somewhere on the forums that (i think theres a link in Jakg's sig) that says that the FFB only starts to work fine with a value of 101-105 or so.

I heard this too. I was told only when you set the powers in the Logitech profiler above 100, then the forces begin to work linearly.
Quote from BullHorn :I heard this too. I was told only when you set the powers in the Logitech profiler above 100, then the forces begin to work linearly.

And what about personal feelings?
Well I have another problem, my forcefeedback is forcing the wheel in wrong side, if it oversteers on right, it turns the wheel on right..

I have joytech nitro triforce.. Can someone help?
You can kill FFB, and have self-centering, so all it does it make it self-center...
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Well I have another problem, my forcefeedback is forcing the wheel in wrong side, if it oversteers on right, it turns the wheel on right..

I have joytech nitro triforce.. Can someone help?

Does that wheel you got has a FFB setup option by istself? (not the lfs one)
i think either you set the FFB to be inverse OR the driver is somewhat corrupted. If that already happened when you bought the wheel... then do what samforey said. Else try to set up again or reinstall drivers.

Quote from Karl Morytz :And what about personal feelings?

Well if that makes you driver better, then do the way you think is best for you.
Set it up the way you think its right man, otherwise there wouldnt be profilers and config programs for FFB =)
Quote from Calvinaquino :Does that wheel you got has a FFB setup option by istself? (not the lfs one)
i think either you set the FFB to be inverse OR the driver is somewhat corrupted. If that already happened when you bought the wheel... then do what samforey said. Else try to set up again or reinstall drivers.

It doesn't have any options itself.. Just wondering is there any program or mod that could inverse the ffb
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :It doesn't have any options itself.. Just wondering is there any program or mod that could inverse the ffb

For FFB, not that i know... ill take a look and see what i can find.
EDIT: cant find any.

Did it started happening a while ago or your wheel already had this FFB setting?
If (started happening a while ago == true)
then
reinstall drivers;
else
i dont know;

I have done a couple different things with my DFP and it's settings.

First Setup was the settings in the LFS manual.

Second was killing the Logitech profiler in task manager after it loads.. this was a great improvement.

Third was installing the Logitech Software, letting DFP install in windows and then removing the Logitech Software, reboot and let the drivers install automatically and using only windows to calibrate the axises and then calibrating the axises in LFS. This is really good too, but i can't change the range of motion (degrees of turn). For some reason, I am stuck around 720 degrees of monition. However, I am way faster in the XFG with 720 degrees and will keep this setting for tin top cars, but I will have to figure out a way to change the range of motion for open wheel cars once I am done racing tin tops.

Too me and several others that I drive with on a daily basis getting rid of the profiler makes the feedback better in LFS. It is smoother and more robust all around. It enabled me to feel the grip of the tires in a way not before possible and dynamically adjust according to the feedback I recieve from the wheel. I think the profiler fights with the feedback from LFS that is interfaced with windows.

This might be worth a try for anyone interested.
Quote from jbirdaspec :I have done a couple different things with my DFP and it's settings.

First Setup was the settings in the LFS manual.

Second was killing the Logitech profiler in task manager after it loads.. this was a great improvement.

Third was installing the Logitech Software, letting DFP install in windows and then removing the Logitech Software, reboot and let the drivers install automatically and using only windows to calibrate the axises and then calibrating the axises in LFS. This is really good too, but i can't change the range of motion (degrees of turn). For some reason, I am stuck around 720 degrees of monition. However, I am way faster in the XFG with 720 degrees and will keep this setting for tin top cars, but I will have to figure out a way to change the range of motion for open wheel cars once I am done racing tin tops.

Too me and several others that I drive with on a daily basis getting rid of the profiler makes the feedback better in LFS. It is smoother and more robust all around. It enabled me to feel the grip of the tires in a way not before possible and dynamically adjust according to the feedback I recieve from the wheel. I think the profiler fights with the feedback from LFS that is interfaced with windows.

This might be worth a try for anyone interested.

If anyone is interested in what he is explaining about the FFB, but don't want to go through the hassle of un-installing the profiler, the following usually works for me. Unplug wheel, start LFS, plug wheel in and let it calibrate. Do not shift C! Works for me at least. usually overrides the profiler
Quote from MijnWraak :If anyone is interested in what he is explaining about the FFB, but don't want to go through the hassle of un-installing the profiler, the following usually works for me. Unplug wheel, start LFS, plug wheel in and let it calibrate. Do not shift C! Works for me at least. usually overrides the profiler

WOW. I always find a way to make things harder then they really are. I should have thought of that.

Good find.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG